What's new

Big Dumb Loads

IMG_8540.jpeg
Looks like the poor bastard ever has WD hooked up. Ouch

14 bolt has a tiny, narrow inner bearing. I think the bearing is the same as a Dana 60 front. Dana 70 or 80 has vastly larger inner bearings from when I was testing a 86 k30. Rear bearings lasted 6 months if they weren’t a premium bearing. The truck was around 12,000 empty and went from there. The fords never had a axle bearing problem.

Hmmm. So what's the diff between Dana and GM? Larger bearings, better spread between bearings, better oiling? Genuinely curious.
Material quality is supposedly lacking on the OEM GM spindles hence why you see so many bent ones. But tons of people run them and few are running D70s in 40" tire buggies so how much of that is just sheer numbers? IDK.

Also the skinny bearing like mentioned.

That 3/4t chebby 8’ bed would be truly impressive if there wasn’t a 3’x2’x8’ load of styrofoam in the middle of the bed.

That’s gay, not the vid I copied the link from but Facebook has better ideas and of course since it’s Facebook, I saw it once I’ll never fucking see it again

More weird euro shit. Or how to pull 20k kilos with a car.

Vid cliffs
It was a dual rear axle deck over trailer set up like a grain wagon with a steer axle in the front. The guy was in a narrow parking lot and was able to do a U-turn with a 20 foot looking trailer.

Was googling the v 12 TDI Audi Q7. It was supposed to come here but never did because 2008 happened. It’s gonna dismal towrating despite 700 foot pounds of torque.

Vid cliffs
It was a dual rear axle deck over trailer set up like a grain wagon with a steer axle in the front. The guy was in a narrow parking lot and was able to do a U-turn with a 20 foot looking trailer.
"Turntable trailer". That shithole of a continent loves them because trucks are taxed to high heaven but they generally don't get hassled doing tractor shit on the road if it's local-ish.

PICT2256.jpg

Was googling the v 12 TDI Audi Q7. It was supposed to come here but never did because 2008 happened. It’s gonna dismal towrating despite 700 foot pounds of torque.
we got the v10 toureg though

it's a disgusting piece of shit
drop the engine and trans and front axle and subframe out in order to do anything at all to the engine

Top Back Refresh