What's new

Big Dumb Loads

ohc=-UyeDrbeLrQQ7kNvgHYz_NN&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

Technical details
edit
The engine is an inline-four petrol unit. It is side valved monobloc with an 85 mm bore and a 130 mm stroke,[5] giving a displacement of 2,950 cc. It delivered 18 PS (18 bhp; 13 kW).[4] Its fiscal power is rated at 14 CV.[5][6]

The gearbox is a 3-speed manual transmission with a transfer case,[6] giving 6 forward speeds and a reverse. The single-disc clutch and the gearbox are built in one unit with the engine.[5] The differential system can lock the drive on any axle through a lever next to the driver's seat.[3] The tractor has a four-wheel steering system. The wheels have either pneumatic tyres or bare steel,[5] and can be twins on the rear. They could be mounted with retractable spuds for improving grip on some surfaces.[3]

The TL can haul up to 5 tonnes[5] The tractor's wheelbase is 2.25 m (7.4 ft) and its length (main) 4 m (13 ft).[6] Its weight is about 1.8 tonnes.[5] Braking is through a contracting system on the transmission actioned by a pedal and friction brakes on each wheel actioned by a lever.[7] Suspension is by long flat leaf springs.[5]

The military version had a speed of 20 km/h (12 mph).[1]

Reactions: Clb
Good thought , I wondered if it was a cable drum, winch or bridge crossing....that link I posted said manually engaged lugs for traction

I know right? I followed a Mexican train going south with a loose wheel for 5 miles past my exit just to see it go. :lmao:
we have a low bridge on the Interstate that gets wacked often. Miles ahead they have signs and (laser?) that sets an audio alarm off to try to get your attention when you go by with a tall load

Not going to lie, when that thing goes off, I slow down and get ready for the show :grinpimp:

That's why you get a single axle converter dolly. :flipoff2:

Also, people who upload shit that professional entertainers do in order to hand wring about it as though it's not staged are scum.
I’m not sure what hand wringing I’m doing, half this shit in this thread is lifted video footage

But yeah the singles are way better have moved several dry van trailers with my pickup that way. Way easier to roll disconnected too

Yeah I know. I'm complaining about the people you're ripping it from who cut it and post it.

a9e87eb89e8cfa3c10b1b29ebc0aaba0--in-the-room-pin.jpg
Oh my bad. Yeah came up while scrolling Facebook.

Well anyway, It’s an old Sysco foods one and I picked it up at an auction for $300ish. I had the right hitch with me in the toolbox on my truck and I’m lazy sooo I pulled it home that way. Idk if it’s possible to get a deal like this on one now though with things being crazy. I pretty much use it exclusively to move the storage trailers around the yard with my pick up or the smaller tractor the guy we rent the yard grades with.

The brakes were clapped but doesnt matter for this type of use as long as they release. No need to cage the brakes(on dolly trailer you’ll need to) as they have a valve you pull to roll. It’s a pretty crazy tongue angle because they’re higher up than you’d want for a pickup and bounces like hell empty. I’ve only ever gone short distances with it on the road bc there’s no way to control the brakes but empty you’re fine. Another thing it’s awesome for is when you need to set a trailer on questionable ground where your traditional 12x12 type block will slowly sink in. Just leave the trailer connected to dolly and if the wheels sink atleast you have a good pulling point. I put some junk super singles on it and it’s way way easier to roll around by hand then when it had the duals on. The dollies UPS has I think would be better because the tongue bends down and have the hitch a lot lower. I’ve never seen the ups ones at a local auction though don’t know what they do with them. Edit to add: you want the angled frame ends unless your hitch is tall. A pickup being a lot lower can make the angle weird so getting it under the trailer can suck

This pic is the ups drop down kind I mean

7978D229-7D4A-4B44-9749-C91AF612BB43.jpeg

Last edited:
The chain drive conversion is cool.
You didn't come outta the hole like a cuuuuminz bro dozer at the mall with that setup.

Top Back Refresh