What's new
  • Check out our new Group Buy Program! We're kicking it off with Baja Designs! $10 Flat rate shipping no matter how much you order!

Big Dumb Loads

There's not many single cab ones despite them being probably 50% of sales back in the day.

Ok so I should be fine to cut the firewall to stick a 300 decently far back in there without having the shifter wind up where the middle seat should be.
Windshield starts leaking, then the floors go then it goes to the junkyard. Or any other dumb reason I see rangers and many other cars nicer than the junk I drive at the junkyard. :homer:

Not sure if this belongs here or in the win thread :lmao:
1623431602529.png

Seems like a decent reason to have a hitch on any TJ/YJ/XJ sporting a D35. :dustin:

Yes, yes I do.:laughing:

I know it's a stupid swap and the ROI on an Exploere 302 is tons better and that swap is much more documented but I have a bunch of 300s around and I like them.

A couple people have done it. It's bad but not a terrible swap. Basically you spend all your time fucking with the core support instead of fucking with steering/exhaust/hvac to clear a wide engine. I'm probably gonna wind up tilting it a bit to move the EFI lower away from the HVAC which has the side benefit of moving the shifter toward the driver.

Got one you wanna part with? Trans to go with?

my grandfather used to do that with a toyota mini truck behind their rv
had a 4ft tube with coupler on 1 end
jack the back of the toyota up and hook it up like a trailer

I see no reason why this is too crazy, it looks odd but gets job done
I hauled a f350 chassis to the junkyard like that. Blocked the rear springs on the ranger, used a come along to keep the f350 rear axle from dragging and sent it. Probably got a pic somewhere.

Weird. Doesn't look like Mexico.

Not sure if this belongs here or in the win thread :lmao:
1623431602529.png
When I was a ground service equipment tech I rigged up something similar to move GSE from the ramp to the shop.

Dunno. But I can see those tailgate cables sweating from here.
Probably pretty far since it's centered over the edge of the bed so only a fraction of the weight will be on the tailgate once it flexes out of the way. If the had strapped it to the other pallet they'd have certainly got far enough to break the axle.

Nope. I haul that stuff by the semi load into Lowes/Home Depot and I usually only have 36k on the deck spread over about 20 pallets.
so closer to 3500 lbs total?

was going to say - no way in hell that looks like 9k lbs.

Reactions: DMG
I might as well put my own ass in here since I didn't know how much a pallet of zoysia sod weighed, I brought my smaller trailer for easier unloading. When I saw their forklift bog down picking up the pallet, I knew I had fucked up. I didn't cross any scales, but google says those are around a ton each and those are a pair of 3500 lb axles. Slow drive home. 20210507_083606.jpg

Puts one chain around the blade "it's not going anywhere"

That's past dumb and borderline retarded.

BS, that's ~60k of dozer and trailer. Maybe 4 low across a flat field while your transmission and rear end burn up.
it was in 4 low going up a very steep paved road. it was chirping the tires as I crawled over the top. I delivered that dozer about ten miles with the same truck, but I had a much better tilt deck trailer with electric over hydraulic brakes.

Puts one chain around the blade "it's not going anywhere"

That's past dumb and borderline retarded.
around the blade?

I see the chain hook on the cleat, and enough slack in the binder that you can one hand flip it shut quite often
around the blade looks like over achiever status :laughing:

Reactions: DMG
I
BS, that's ~60k of dozer and trailer. Maybe 4 low across a flat field while your transmission and rear end burn up.
Moved one about 5 miles for the fire department with my single cab 7.3.... and yes in 4 low about 2mph because there was no stopping

Top Back Refresh