What's new
  • Check out our new Group Buy Program! We're kicking it off with Baja Designs! $10 Flat rate shipping no matter how much you order!

Big Dumb Loads

Easier to leave a trailer parked and fuel off of it than keeping that much fuel in the bed of your truck if you dont have something heavy enough to pull it out of your bed.

Aaron Z
Nobody who has spare IBC totes to fuel up on a whim doesn't also have a way to move around full IBC totes.

thats obvious to anyone but a retard like the guy you quoted :laughing::flipoff2:
You'll feel real smart when both your trailer and your tote of fuel go missing one night. If it were liquid fertilizer or something else with low value and low mass-market appeal it would be one thing. Only a complete moron leaves a tote of something as universally useful as fuel just sitting on wheels ready to roll.

You'll feel real smart when both your trailer and your tote of fuel go missing one night. If it were liquid fertilizer or something else with low value and low mass-market appeal it would be one thing. Only a complete moron leaves a tote of something as universally useful as fuel just sitting on wheels ready to roll.
Walter White was cool with it. :flipoff2:

I got scolded by a tanker guy who was offloading when he saw me filling 5 gallon cans in the bed of a truck not on the ground. He told me I was going to blow the place up. He'd have really loved seeing that.
Static discharge from build-up is a real threat though.

Your tanks in your vehicles have grounds in them to prevent such issues. A can sliding in a truck bed creating static electricity does not.

Placing the can on the ground helps to keep static from sparking off.

Your tanks in your vehicles have grounds in them to prevent such issues. A can sliding in a truck bed creating static electricity does not.

Logic? On an internet bulletin board? What are ya, new?

If the gas tank is grounded to the body or frame... and a fuel can is in the bed of a vehicle, touching the body (assume no liner, etc), then how is the can not grounded the same way as the fuel tank?

If the gas tank is grounded to the body or frame... and a fuel can is in the bed of a vehicle, touching the body (assume no liner, etc), then how is the can not grounded the same way as the fuel tank?
Thats exactly it, bedliners cause the static issue

The gas tank usually has a pump or metal line going into it. The ground goes through that to ground the gasoline itself. There is also a ground strap on your tank inlet pipe (if it hasn't rusted off). Gas cans do not have an actual conductive ground in them, hence the static electricity has no where to go in a gas can and can build up until it finds a way to discharge.

The gas tank usually has a pump or metal line going into it. The ground goes through that to ground the gasoline itself. There is also a ground strap on your tank inlet pipe (if it hasn't rusted off). Gas cans do not have an actual conductive ground in them, hence the static electricity has no where to go in a gas can and can build up until it finds a way to discharge.
So Captain Rehash:flipoff2:, do you think that tote setup is grounded? That's why I brought it up.

So Captain Rehash:flipoff2:, do you think that tote setup is grounded? That's why I brought it up.
The only ways to ground that tote is with a ground rod near the bottom valve that connects to the cage, or by sticking a grounding rod into the tote that is in constant contact with the gasoline during filling. It appears as neither is there.

Nobody who has spare IBC totes to fuel up on a whim doesn't also have a way to move around full IBC totes.

not everyone lives in a shit hole like you, every single one of my vehicles has the keys in the ignition with the doors unlocked every day all day and has been that way for years, i leave $5k worth of tools in my driveway over night ALL the time. four wheelers and dirtbikes sitting in the yard with keys in them, ive never had anything stolen. i could park that tote full of gas in my yard for years and no one would touch it, im not an idiot though so im not gonna put gas in a tote :laughing:

this wasnt about the tote getting stolen, this was about not being able to take it out of your vehicle, clearly the guy is taking it home to have a reserve and doesnt want it stuck in the back of his truck. youre just too ghetto and retarded to get it :flipoff2:

cyBvmTh.jpg

I got the same treatment
Then I pointed at every other car at the station and told home to start yelling........they allllll have plastic tanks

and let me guess, he walked away from his truck to talk to you leaving everything including his truck, tanks, tools, and cab access unattended and open to just anyone to do whatever they want? That is what happened to me I can play the safety police game too, I guess working union jobs are good for something :laughing:
Nah we were yelling to each other from maybe 20 feet away. He didn't get in my face at all.

The only ways to ground that tote is with a ground rod near the bottom valve that connects to the cage, or by sticking a grounding rod into the tote that is in constant contact with the gasoline during filling. It appears as neither is there.

The nozzle on the pump is grounded.

Your truck can't be grounded, as it sits on rubber tires. Unless you happen to have a ground strap because oilfield.

Touch the nozzle to the can, and everything is alright no matter where the can is.

F450 Pickup replaced with Flatbed. (Not a C&C truck) 21K machine. 2x10K axles. trailer prolly around 7K empty. No CA # or DOT#

PTI plates on trailer meaning power unit covers weight fees which in this case pickup rego only covers 10K in California. Not the biggest not the dumbest but he would be absolutely fucked if he hit anything / anybody.

Attachments

• wheel_loader.jpg
    wheel_loader.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 186
F450 Pickup replaced with Flatbed. (Not a C&C truck) 21K machine. 2x10K axles. trailer prolly around 7K empty. No CA # or DOT#

PTI plates on trailer meaning power unit covers weight fees which in this case pickup rego only covers 10K in California. Not the biggest not the dumbest but he would be absolutely fucked if he hit anything / anybody.
if it fits, it ships!! :flipoff2:

Or, he simply doesn’t run ca# on the side of his truck. I’ve never put mine on and hauled plenty of shit all over this state:homer:

Top Back Refresh