What's new
  • Check out our new Group Buy Program! We're kicking it off with Baja Designs! $10 Flat rate shipping no matter how much you order!

Big Dumb Loads

Poor loboy...
don't look to dumb, purty big.
Nice quarry work at the end.
Nice smooth lines of excavation.

Poor loboy...
don't look to dumb, purty big.
Nice quarry work at the end.
Nice smooth lines of excavation.

Agreed, looks like it's all within a quarry or someplace where it's all private roads and they seemed to know what they were doing.

Aaron Z

Not 100% sure if BDL. I followed this guy today for about 15 miles. The dump truck was empty and the trailer was definitely in charge of the show. Every time he stepped on the brakes, it was scary. Maybe not enough tongue weight?

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

Not 100% sure if BDL. I followed this guy today for about 15 miles. The dump truck was empty and the trailer was definitely in charge of the show. Every time he stepped on the brakes, it was scary. Maybe not enough tongue weight?

Possibly not enough tongue weight, that's pushing what you want to do on a tag trailer (45k lbs) depending on who you talk to. A few buddies pull the next size down machines (35-38k lb) all the time with no issues. I would have had it all the way on the front of the deck. You'll never get too much tongue weight on a set up like that.

Possibly not enough tongue weight, that's pushing what you want to do on a tag trailer (45k lbs) depending on who you talk to. A few buddies pull the next size down machines (35-38k lb) all the time with no issues. I would have had it all the way on the front of the deck. You'll never get too much tongue weight on a set up like that.

My dad pulls his cx160’s around in that setup. I second the not enough tongue weight or there are a few brakes on the trailer not working. Those low fuckers seem to get neglected. We flip ours over ever other year to do the brake maintenance.

You have to be careful though the ring on those trailers are usually only rated for like 16,000- 20,000 lbs of tongue weight.

My dad pulls his cx160’s around in that setup. I second the not enough tongue weight or there are a few brakes on the trailer not working. Those low fuckers seem to get neglected. We flip ours over ever other year to do the brake maintenance.

You have to be careful though the ring on those trailers are usually only rated for like 16,000- 20,000 lbs of tongue weight.

I didn't think about the ring, I know my buddy said his hitch is rated for 90k :laughing:

I still love the one of the single rotor russian chopper when it was lifting a block of permafrosted earth with a mammoth in it. Those rotor were twisted up about 45* trying to lift it loose.

They got it up and moving and gtfo of there.

Theres more in pt11 but this is most of the copter action

Last edited:
I still love the one of the single rotor russian chopper when it was lifting a block of permafrosted earth with a mammoth in it. Those rotor were twisted up about 45* trying to lift it loose.

They got it up and moving and gtfo of there.

Theres more in pt11 but this is most of the copter action

French accent commenting made my day :D

Screenshot_20210511-194503.png

Table 2 class 3 hazmat in bulk container over 119 gallon capacity requires numbered placards, labels, proper securement, hazmat endorsement. And it's not an approved container for gasoline. Possible missing lower valve cap which is also required. Being loaded without proper grounding and bonding. When full will likely exceed capacity of the trailer.

Yeah this fits this thread.

Wow that gives me the willys just looking at it. Had a small gasoline fire this winter in the shop and that shit gets out of control in a blink of a eye.

Where's the .gif of the lady trying to put a plastic shopping bag full of gasoline in her car's trunk when you need it?

Projectjunkie did you get a new ford? How long does it take to fill one of those?

Table 2 class 3 hazmat in bulk container over 119 gallon capacity requires numbered placards, labels, proper securement, hazmat endorsement. And it's not an approved container for gasoline. Possible missing lower valve cap which is also required. Being loaded without proper grounding and bonding. When full will likely exceed capacity of the trailer.

Projectjunkie did you get a new ford? How long does it take to fill one of those?
/attachments/20210211_145513-jpg.388170/?hash=d6213c73d4dff38ed523332c6fb4b02e
Negative ghost rider:laughing:

2 totes, I think i got a little over 275 in each
Maybe 45 min running 2 nozzles in 2 totes.
A chunk of time was spent running my card repeatedly on the 2nd pump and trying to math out the 1st pump. I also filled each past the valve and paused to look for leaks.

I know it needed placards, but in reality, it's in a farming area and I have a plain white muddy truck, look like a farmer, do farmer things.

Maybe a 3.5 mile trip

I was a little concerned making my sharp turns that it'd break a strap or something

It's better full than half full

Attachments

• 20210211_145513.jpg
    20210211_145513.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 148

Hes probably at 100 gallons if he stopped there. Approved and able to hold it are two different things. Valve cap I'll give you, but those valves dont just ease open. Metal cage grounds it to the trailer which is grounded to the truck. Full of gas 1500 pounds? Hes fine karen.

:flipoff2:

/attachments/20210211_145513-jpg.388170/?hash=d6213c73d4dff38ed523332c6fb4b02e
Negative ghost rider:laughing:

2 totes, I think i got a little over 275 in each
Maybe 45 min running 2 nozzles in 2 totes.
A chunk of time was spent running my card repeatedly on the 2nd pump and trying to math out the 1st pump. I also filled each past the valve and paused to look for leaks.

I know it needed placards, but in reality, it's in a farming area and I have a plain white muddy truck, look like a farmer, do farmer things.

Maybe a 3.5 mile trip

I was a little concerned making my sharp turns that it'd break a strap or something

It's better full than half full
I'm pretty sure that red diesel clears up in those....

Hes probably at 100 gallons if he stopped there. Approved and able to hold it are two different things. Valve cap I'll give you, but those valves dont just ease open. Metal cage grounds it to the trailer which is grounded to the truck. Full of gas 1500 pounds? Hes fine karen.

:flipoff2:
2 totes at 275 gallons is going to be about 3800#

Cant say I have considered using IBCs to carry fuel. I guess it works, but I
2 totes at 275 gallons is going to be about 3800#

But the pic with 2 totes looks like a gooseneck dual axle (not positive, much is blocked in the picture). More than able to handle a couple tons.

I think Conway was talking about the first pic with the lightweight single axle trailer.

Easier to leave a trailer parked and fuel off of it than keeping that much fuel in the bed of your truck if you dont have something heavy enough to pull it out of your bed.

Aaron Z
thats obvious to anyone but a retard like the guy you quoted :laughing::flipoff2:

I got scolded by a tanker guy who was offloading when he saw me filling 5 gallon cans in the bed of a truck not on the ground. He told me I was going to blow the place up. He'd have really loved seeing that.

I got scolded by a tanker guy who was offloading when he saw me filling 5 gallon cans in the bed of a truck not on the ground. He told me I was going to blow the place up. He'd have really loved seeing that.
I got the same treatment
Then I pointed at every other car at the station and told home to start yelling........they allllll have plastic tanks

and let me guess, he walked away from his truck to talk to you leaving everything including his truck, tanks, tools, and cab access unattended and open to just anyone to do whatever they want? That is what happened to me I can play the safety police game too, I guess working union jobs are good for something :laughing:

Not the ones I’ve seen. We used them to pump out our bilges that have oil, water, coolant, and red dye diesel. It shows red through it
Interesting, I've left red diesel exposed to sunlight and it turns clear.

Edit: only in drain pans when I was serving equipment, so not much.

Top Back Refresh