What's new

Beadlock wheels out there?

My father in law made rc beadlocks for a few years. I tried to get him to make a ring that had a bottle opener cut out. Rc nerds would love to open a beer with their rc crawler, plus you could sell it to any 4x4 guy as a key chain. He thought it was dumb because he doesn't drink beer. He probably would have gotten rich off of it.

I would have bought one and I don't RC or drink!

Not yet. Most all new projects are stopping everywhere because we can't even get raw material for making existing projects. So I haven't pushed it.

The cost of everything has gone up tremendously. I don't know how the off road community is going to soak up the price increases.

My friends in the after market part biz were warning me to buy tires before this years mark up. Wheels and tires they said were going through the roof again in I think February. I work for a giant tire company and we have issues with keeping stock, making product ect.

I just got my set of RBP 17s today. Seems to be a knock off of a KMC wheel to me. Quality seems good as anything else I've seen and the price is great. See how they hold up. Going to run 43 sx stickies.

Bro center caps are plastic junk

20220301_143653.jpg

20220301_181759.jpg

Spacer ring included. Rings and wheels have machining to grip the tire bead.
20220301_181954.jpg

20220301_182012.jpg

Attachments

• 20220301_181954.jpg
    20220301_181954.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
I just got my set of RBP 17s today. Seems to be a knock off of a KMC wheel to me. Quality seems good as anything else I've seen and the price is great. See how they hold up. Going to run 43 sx stickies.

Bro center caps are plastic junk

Spacer ring included. Rings and wheels have machining to grip the tire bead.

How was the ordering process? How long between placing an order and when it shipped? Great looking pieces!

I discovered something cool about my Vision wheels this weekend. They have two sets of tapped holes in the wheel shell for the beadlock so that if you managed to ruin one set you'd still have another set to fall back on. I thought that was pretty cool.

I discovered something cool about my Vision wheels this weekend. They have two sets of tapped holes in the wheel shell for the beadlock so that if you managed to ruin one set you'd still have another set to fall back on. I thought that was pretty cool.

My dirty life are the same way. As well as a knurled bead lip, and double helix ring lip...

Not yet. Most all new projects are stopping everywhere because we can't even get raw material for making existing projects. So I haven't pushed it.

The cost of everything has gone up tremendously. I don't know how the off road community is going to soak up the price increases.
Well shit. Although I haven't even ordered axles yet so maybe if I play like Sceep I can run your 20's.

I have a set of 16 in Ford steelies. 16" diy beadlocks seem to be very uncommon. Any reason other than because nobody runs 16s anymore?

Really don't want to buy new beadlocks.

These are some very nice wheels. Quite an improvement over Hummv wheels and they are 17. I do not beat on my truck much. I do run I-64/75 to the farm, cross the creek, and go up into the woods weighing 7600lbs + . Have 40x13.5/17 mounted .

I have a set of 16 in Ford steelies. 16" diy beadlocks seem to be very uncommon. Any reason other than because nobody runs 16s anymore?

Really don't want to buy new beadlocks.
Gonna have to find a place that cuts their own.

Not a lot left in the 16" tire category is there? My friend has a set of 37" Creepies on 16" beadlocks for sale and no interest yet.

Not a lot left in the 16" tire category is there? My friend has a set of 37" Creepies on 16" beadlocks for sale and no interest yet.
I would be interested in that if it were closer. I have run 16" wheels in the past, and intentionally got some for a new build as well. It beats grinding calipers to run 15" wheels and is all the wheel you need on pre-2005 axles. Although if you are running 39"+ tires, you probably aren't as worried about maximizing sidewall. Truth be told, I've never run 17" wheels on anything, but that will be changing soon.

People keep saying 15" and 16" wheels are dead, but most every off road tire manufacturer still makes up to a 35" tire in 15" and 16" wheel sizes. When you want to go bigger than that though, your only options are Maxxis, Interco, and Pitbull along with a few random tires from other manufacturers. Obviously 17" is the most popular wheel size for off road tires with 20" not too far behind these days. I've also heard talk recently about 18" gaining popularity.

Location? Price?

The truck is a 78 f250 big wheels look out pf place on it and I'm trying to keep it in the vein of the era. I plan on running maxxis so tires that fit are no issue.

Location? Price?

The truck is a 78 f250 big wheels look out pf place on it and I'm trying to keep it in the vein of the era. I plan on running maxxis so tires that fit are no issue.

Near Cabelas out in Hamburg PA, I think he posted them on FB for $1200 OBO.

ROLLIN BIG POWER!!!!!!! Best price! Great guys, great wheels!

Derail incoming. Buddy sent me this earlier today about Todd…
80440499-8975-45D3-A9C1-4012B068FFA9.jpeg
If you read. This customer got a refund.

Yes. The company we were under contract with ( for transfercases) sold July 26th of last year. Leaving both TWF and it's customers hanging. Where we refunded 6 months worth of customers their transfer case money. Sucked for the customers and for Trail Worthy. But the real truth needed told. Thanks for sharing this post, giving us the chance to tell the rest of the story. Something of which I hadn't gone public with until now. We are 100% in the beadlock business and have been. We are also developing a new transfer case. Those details will come out later.

Take care,

Todd C. Wooten

Owner: Trail Worthy Fab

Top Back Refresh