What's new

Beadlock wheels out there?

I wonder if 18s will bleed into the offroad world? I heard that desert trucks are going to 18s and SxS go from 15s to 18s on bigger tires. Lots of stock stuff is coming with 18s also.

Not that I care, I'd rather not have another common size for actual offroad tires. I just wish certain companies didn't only make 42s in 20" wheels :homer:

Dessert trucks are mostly doing it for bigger brakes? Hopefully it bleeds over, more options is always good. Guys with smaller 4x4's are running SXS tire now I hear due to more options.

Reds in a 42 for 17's would be great, also a Interco sticky in a reasonable 40" size would be nice. I looked at the 40" mega and so it's so wide it's stupid.

Dessert trucks are mostly doing it for bigger brakes?

from what i read it it helps increase stability with a shorter sidewall, it may be only 1/2" but im sure theyll take it if they can get it. i know i would

1644878335160.png

Last edited:
Dessert trucks are mostly doing it for bigger brakes? Hopefully it bleeds over, more options is always good. Guys with smaller 4x4's are running SXS tire now I hear due to more options.
I've been running 32 SxS tires on multiple rigs, for a few years now with great luck. Obviously they are best for litter rigs, but I'd think most non 1 ton Toyotas and Jeeps would be fine. I saw a 2 door XJ and Pic of a TJ running 35x10 SxS tires. They work well on light rigs, with LT tires on a small samurai, even 2 lbs won't get you much sidewall flex. There about have the wieght as well.

Pro armor makes a sticky 37 and 39 in a 10 wide 18" wheel. I'd like to see them on a light rig or buggy.

Reds in a 42 for 17's would be great, also a Interco sticky in a reasonable 40" size would be nice. I looked at the 40" mega and so it's so wide it's stupid.

I've only seen the 50s and for a big dumb tire, they're kinda cool, once you cut every other lug out. The 40s look dumb as fuck, I haven't seen them, because nobody wants a 20" wide 200 lb 40" tire.

from what i read it it helps increase stability with a shorter sidewall, it may be only 1/2" but im sure theyll take it if they can get it. i know i would

Sure is hard to believe a 1/2" shorter sidewall would be that noticeable offroad, but who knows.

I can’t seem to find anything 17” for less than the mid $400’s. Looking $500+ per is the new normal and everything is pretty similarly priced.

I can’t seem to find anything 17” for less than the mid $400’s. Looking $500+ per is the new normal and everything is pretty similarly priced.
I happened to look at Stazwork's website just yesterday and they list 17x9s for $385 before options (Hutchinson-style double beadlock). I am not sure how much they weigh compared popular to aluminum beadlocks, but JR's old Bronco raced on them I believe. They also make them in 15", 16", 16.5", 17", and 20" in all kinds of widths.

Weird glitch in the Matrix I continually run into. Spyderlocks are made by ATX. They even have ATX cast into the back of them. Spyderlocks have that stupid star machined into the beadlock rings which which should theoretically be more machine work thus be more expensive. However spyderlocks are usually about $100 per wheel less than the same wheel from ATX. (Slabs)

im a big fan of the Hutchinsons

super limited on size options, but if they fit, they will definitely get the job done.
91ECCD10-E8AD-4CBD-8F77-412DBB744D48.jpeg

I happened to look at Stazwork's website just yesterday and they list 17x9s for $385 before options (Hutchinson-style double beadlock). I am not sure how much they weigh compared popular to aluminum beadlocks, but JR's old Bronco raced on them I believe. They also make them in 15", 16", 16.5", 17", and 20" in all kinds of widths.

Be weary of stazworks. Lot of guys I k ow buy them for big dumb snow tires. Like 20x14 1" backspace. :homer: they're the only option for that type of wheel and many love them. I also have a buddy who bought some 17x10s for some 43 sx. He can not go below 5 psi with them leaking horribly. He's been in contact with them and they just refuse to accept responsibility or do anything about it.

I've also heard stories of guys waiting 6+ months for wheels.

The other problem is that if you change tires with different bead thickness, you need new inserts. Not sure how the Hutchisons get around this.

super limited on size options, but if they fit, they will definitely get the job done.

Another guy I know was all in on these wheels, was a dealer and sold many sets. He drives like a total retard and managed to break the outside ring. He called up and told him he needed a new ring. Nope, fuck you, buy a whole $600 wheel :homer: they would NOT sell him just an outer ring. Pissed him off enough to get rid of the wheels and switch back to trail ready. The new dookey wheels look much better anyway.

91ECCD10-E8AD-4CBD-8F77-412DBB744D48.jpeg

Hutchinson is probably among the top 3 for quality, that's for sure.

I've never heard a bad thing about Trailready wheels, same with Walker Evans.

Our boy Dookey came out with a badass wheel, if it meets your specs it's among the best available:

All of the import wheels seem to be at least decent and usable these days...

Method/Raceline forged are badass, but you pay for it. Their cast wheels are good too.

Dirty life started out as a cheap brand pre-pandemic but are now priced the same as the rest. Guys seem to like them but I don't know anyone paying full price for them.

KMC is pretty well regarded but a bit more expensive.

TrailMart Creepers are stout and strong and heavy. And expensive. But work well.

ATX/Spyderlocks work well enough.

I like the crew at Battleborn wheels, and they are coming out with a new aluminum wheel. Their steel wheels are the best budget option out there IMO (I'm about to mount up a new set so we'll see how that goes).

Procomp is well regarded but I can't get over the brand stigma as a cheap generic 4WP house company. That's just me though.

I honestly can't think of any major brand beadlock wheel that sucks these days. They all seem to be at least functional, and the rest is price and appearance.

Last edited:
So I'd like to try a set of 42 reds at some point but the cost of them and 20" beadlocks is hard to swallow for my beater project. I've been trying to come up with a budget idea. It will be a crawler so wieght isn't an issue as I'll add water anyway. Been searching for ram steel wheels, ect. I just remembered a super cheap 20x10 beadlock........ Again wieght shouldn't matter right? :laughing:

20"x 10" w/ 10 x 335MM Lug Pattern Steel MRAP Wheel (12-Bolt)

8 lug adapters are pretty simple and avaliable, just a flat plate. I know they're probably dumb heavy, but $50 ea? Come on. Just add a little less water. :laughing: That style might be hard to make work as far as backspacing. Maybe recent them like the old H1 16.5s?

There is also these.

MRAP wheels with 7" back spacing 10 bolt 13.187 can fit M35A2 with adaptor plate | eBay

They make aluminum ones also, but they are hard to find on google. Most places list them at ~$150, so they aren't breaking the bank either.

Google says 65 lbs for the aluminum wheels and 156 lbs for steel :laughing:

I can't find pvc inserts, but TWF website is down.

Studs should be able to be knocked out to run bolts if rock rash is a consern.

I hadn't heard, they just go all in on hero and drop the wheel and tire stuff all together?
Nope worse than that. I don’t fully understand the details of the situation. Has to do with partnership, sell out/buy out, rights etc.

Hero is its own company now and Todd Wooten doesn’t have anything to do with it anymore. I just found out about a few days ago. Our hero 3 speed after 4 full seasons and it’s 5th KOH needed rebuilt. All the players in that realm I knew of are not part of it anymore.

I know I paid like $200ish for my KMC enduro wheels BITD. I just bought another set of Treps and figured I'd scope out some new wheels and ran into the same thing. I expected more but not double the price. Grabbed some fresh rings and I'll be cleaning up my old wheels:laughing:

Tires and wheels are insane anymore!

Weird glitch in the Matrix I continually run into. Spyderlocks are made by ATX. They even have ATX cast into the back of them. Spyderlocks have that stupid star machined into the beadlock rings which which should theoretically be more machine work thus be more expensive. However spyderlocks are usually about $100 per wheel less than the same wheel from ATX. (Slabs)

Do you know how much the ATX Slabs weigh?

For the people looking for cheap, I’ve been looking all over and about the cheapest I’ve found are these RBP beadlocks at $325 for 17s or $360 for 20s. Rolling Big Power Wheels Search

Everything has been shooting up in price. Wheels that were $300 in November are $400+ now.

Do you know how much the ATX Slabs weigh?

About 45lb each, the same as Creeperlocks and steel beadlocks from Battleborn or Allied.

I had and sold a set of Spyderlocks last year. Good wheels, just in 18" and I wanted different tires that only came in 17".

Darn that’s heavy. I’ve had methods that weigh 35 lbs and visions that weigh 36 lbs.

For the people looking for cheap, I’ve been looking all over and about the cheapest I’ve found are these RBP beadlocks at $325 for 17s or $360 for 20s. Rolling Big Power Wheels Search

Everything has been shooting up in price. Wheels that were $300 in November are $400+ now.

Damn that's not bad $325 for 17x9 and I don't hate the style if the bro center cap was gone. The kicker is 20x9 is $360ea.

Darn that’s heavy. I’ve had methods that weigh 35 lbs and visions that weigh 36 lbs.

Pick your poison. Some of the lighter wheels look like a regular cheap non beadlock shell, the heavier ones are 2-3x's as thick and will take more abuse.

Yeah, some of the cast import wheels are in the mid-30s. But weights seem to be all over the place as some of the 17" Vision Manx wheels are specced at 47-48lb for the same size with a different model number.

Trailready wheels are ~35 lb in 17", Hutchinson wheels are 50+ lb, Battleborn steel and aluminum are both 43ish lb, Allied are 47lb, the list goes on. Most 17" beadlocks are in the mid-40s from what I've seen.

you need new inserts. Not sure how the Hutchisons get around this.

The new dookey wheels look much better anyway.
no getting around it. need new inserts for different tires. my plan is to just buy thicker and thicker beads every time :smokin::smokin:

and yes, dookie will be my next wheel vendor for sure

Nope worse than that. I don’t fully understand the details of the situation. Has to do with partnership, sell out/buy out, rights etc.

Hero is its own company now and Todd Wooten doesn’t have anything to do with it anymore. I just found out about a few days ago. Our hero 3 speed after 4 full seasons and it’s 5th KOH needed rebuilt. All the players in that realm I knew of are not part of it anymore.
Derail incoming. Buddy sent me this earlier today about Todd…
80440499-8975-45D3-A9C1-4012B068FFA9.jpeg

I don't know Craig real well but I've wheeled with him before and he seems like a decent guy. This had to be a long time coming for him to gas light someone like that.

Derail incoming. Buddy sent me this earlier today about Todd…

Yeah 😕 can’t tell you how much that bums me out. The history of STAK repeats itself again. I was asked not to give out contact info I’ve got for the new company. They seem like stand up dudes trying to recover something from the rubble of a business deal gone bad. Right now I think 100% of their efforts are going into customer service on cases already out in the wild. They aren’t taking orders on new cases and definitely not advertising their services at the moment. A lot U4 guys send them back for inspection every race.

We took ours apart ourselves and found issues needing tending to. They are going to get us in line but were told 30 days from the time they receive it till they anticipate getting around to it.

Yeah 😕 can’t tell you how much that bums me out. The history of STAK repeats itself again. I was asked not to give out contact info I’ve got for the new company. They seem like stand up dudes trying to recover something from the rubble of a business deal gone bad. Right now I think 100% of their efforts are going into customer service on cases already out in the wild. They aren’t taking orders on new cases and definitely not advertising their services at the moment. A lot U4 guys send them back for inspection every race.

We took ours apart ourselves and found issues needing tending to. They are going to get us in line but were told 30 days from the time they receive it till they anticipate getting around to it.
Makes sense on the new people having to do damage control instead of sales.

Honestly a little surprised this stuff is just coming out but not the thread for that topic.

Last edited:

What do you know about that company? I tried to proceed to check out on some 6 lug 20’s and it says all orders are custom order.

3EC80853-F3E9-41DC-87C0-165804A0F494.png

Top Back Refresh