What's new

Back to the future for Waterhead

Guy I know sells swaps just for DMC. Canadian dollars.
0C431BC0-FAD1-434B-83A3-393F5337CDB1.png

Guy I know sells swaps just for DMC. Canadian dollars.

Is that for LS?

On the paint, I like the stainless better than paint. There's very little rust on this car. Not sure if it's just been a garage queen or the lack of steel. For those of you that don't know, what's not stainless is fiberglass. It's hard to find a place to stick a magnet light.

Ive thought of building a stainless truck. Body and frame. The problem is stainless dents easier than aluminum for the same thickness. So a stainless body gets pretty heavy if you want some dent protection.

Is that for LS?

On the paint, I like the stainless better than paint. There's very little rust on this car. Not sure if it's just been a garage queen or the lack of steel. For those of you that don't know, what's not stainless is fiberglass. It's hard to find a place to stick a magnet light.

Ive thought of building a stainless truck. Body and frame. The problem is stainless dents easier than aluminum for the same thickness. So a stainless body gets pretty heavy if you want some dent protection.

Yes. He LS swapped his then made kits.

You would be king of your county if you built a DeLorean Trar. :laughing:

I've seen that before. I don't like it. I do like 4x4 cars. But I can't stand when they just drop the car on top of a jeep frame. The wheel wells need to be cut out so the tires can go in a little. I don't really like trucks that are basically above the tires either. To me, It just looks so stupid to have 40" tires and 30" wheel wells.

I've seen that before. I don't like it. I do like 4x4 cars. But I can't stand when they just drop the car on top of a jeep frame. The wheel wells need to be cut out so the tires can go in a little. I don't really like trucks that are basically above the tires either. To me, It just looks so stupid to have 40" tires and 30" wheel wells.

I agree.

But I think the opposidte of the Vader-mobile up there. The wheel arches are jammed down on the tires like a kid sawing springs in a Honda.

Either way, the fender openings should be proportional to the rubber, like they're made to work together, not just in the same vicinity.

I plan to get it running and will probably drive it for awhile. But I don't imagine I'll keep it more than two years.

Gotcha, then doing cool stuff to it is probably out of order for resale value.

Thats definitely the color but after a quick google search it looks like theres a few of them painted that red or similar.

A candy red that allows the stainless to show through would be :smokin:

If I had fuck you money and a DeLorean.......

Jeebus, that looks like an 80's F-body that got smacked around a bit :flipoff2:
Actually the 80's F-bodies are nice looking cars.

Enjoy your 5 cyl frankinvolvo.
I'd get it running and double my money.

Woohoo! I just started the engine! Getting to the distributor is a total PITA, but I'm psyched. I only ran it a few seconds because I have the whole car precariously on jackstands and the multiple hoods tied up to get in there. But it ran and it sounded good for a few seconds.

Have you guys not figured out that the car is a 3D rendering yet??? :laughing:

That's to ricer for me but I like the idea of the design. Low wide track car with big flares, rear diffuser bad ass chin spoiler ect.

Anybody seen the latest episodes of Bitchen Rides with the red 65(?) Mustang fastback that they turned into an insane Optima Challenge/Autocross car? Exactly like that but with a DeLorean body.

Let's face it..... The only thing on a DeLorean worth keeping if you wanted to build it into a performance car would be the body. The rest of the car is a giant pile of shit.

Have you guys not figured out that the car is a 3D rendering yet??? :laughing:

That's to ricer for me but I like the idea of the design. Low wide track car with big flares, rear diffuser bad ass chin spoiler ect.
things I hate about the car...
Anybody seen the latest episodes of Bitchen Rides with the red 65(?) Mustang fastback that they turned into an insane Optima Challenge/Autocross car? Exactly like that but with a DeLorean body.
that the kindig show? His face makes me want to punch him, in his face
Let's face it..... The only thing on a DeLorean worth keeping if you wanted to build it into a performance car would be the body. The rest of the car is a giant pile of shit.
accurate

This makes me unreasonably angry, I'm not sure why, but I know I should be.

It's like fab fours and a 300z had a night where they did mushrooms and tried to fuck but never totally figured out what they were doing, then never called each other again...then it turned out that the Nissan had a trickle baby, but the cord got wrapped around it's neck for a little too long, and now it's 3 years old and still not really talking.

But, I kinda like it too.

So the car has what they call eyebrows. It's deformation of the front fascia at the two inner lights.

dscn2290.jpg

The fix involves tearing apart the grill. Note proof that this car qualifies as a "barn find". (Rats nest)

dscn2286.jpg

So you clamp some two by fours to the fascia and heat from the under side.

dscn2292.jpg

Came out pretty good.

dscn2304.jpg

Took My first drive last night. Woohoo! Of course, I only made it about half a mile. Had to call the wife and bring the Bronco to tow it home. Lol.

So I've got some issues with the car. I've got some questions out on the Delorean forum, but most of those guys are not mechanics. Two main issues.

The engine does not want to rev up. It will start and idle fine. I drive it some, but the warmer it gets, the less it will rev. For example, it's idling and I slowly push the pedal. The rpms will go up till about 2000 and then start going back down. Last night I left it idle for ten minutes after a couple laps around the yard. (10 acres) The catholic converter got red hot. I know they are suppose to run hot, but at idle? I'm thinking it might be plugged.

The second issue is not a big issue, but the water temp doesn't seem to go up. After driving it around the yard a couple times and letting it sit idling for ten minutes, no hot water got to the rad. (The rad is up front) I could see a bad thermostat, but the gauge never got above 130. (It was 70 degrees out)

Wouldnt a plugged converter cause the engine to get hotter?

dscn2309.jpg

oh, sorry, wife's tatas won't fit in these pictures.

If you have someone else rev it up, will you get more exhaust from the pipe? If it was in a barn theres a good chance nice built a nest in the exhaust. Had a caprice with plugged exhaust, had to floor it frequently until the nest started coming apart and burning up. Plugged converter will also turn it into a gutless turd, like lucky to make it through a light before its red again.

have you tried flushing the cooling system and bleeding it?

You should have seen at least some heat up front at the rad. How does the coolant make it's way there? I ask because I've seen a few mid engine cars rout it via pipe along the sides of the belly. Sometimes people will use a jack or whatever not on the jacking point and collapse the pipe. As far as 130 on the gauge I wouldn't personally believe it, I've seen way too many sending units / gauges read wrong.

Top Back Refresh