What's new

Back to the future for Waterhead

I got parts coming to fix it. The system is ridiculous hard to bleed, so I’m getting a remote bleed hose. (Basically an extension of the bleed valve) The other problem with this clutch is the pedal has at least a 1/2” of play that dose nothing before you start actually pushing the clutch. Then you run the pedal right to the floor and the clutch is bare disengaged. They have a kit to take out this play. As it is now, I have to adjust the seat forward to reach the full pedal travel, yet I feel I’m too close to the steering wheel.

We’ve got some stuff around that’s just the move. My brothers 6 speed manual Cummins, if you want to go to first gear you put it in second first then it glides on into first. My little Bronco is the same way except it doesn’t like to go into first or second right off the bat. I put it in third first then it will glide into reverse first or second.
your cummins nv4500? same issue and a buddies truck with a big block chevy and nv 4500

When it comes to synchros we simply test drive. If it is easier to shift without the clutch, less grinding, then the syncros are out.

But doesn't sound like you have a grinding issue?

BTW awesome you are doing car shows and enjoying your toy.

does your clutch line run close to exhaust? any chance you are boiling the fluid over time? if the fluid is old, the water may be boiling out, which a flush could help with.

does your clutch line run close to exhaust? any chance you are boiling the fluid over time? if the fluid is old, the water may be boiling out, which a flush could help with.
The stock exhaust has a cross over tube near there, but I don’t have it. But it could be getting hot over time.

Our 89 k20 was doing almost exactly this, I think that I even started a thread about it on here. The throwout fork was slightly bent.

Top Back Refresh