What's new

Alone

Fair enough, but having centuries of accumulated wisdom and expertise, and a few hours of googling before shipping out is a pretty big benefit too. I just don't think these people are prepared to do what they need to do. How often have you seen anyone eating bugs on the show?

Dunno, I don't watch TV much:laughing:. Practicing the skills since childhood helps too.

jordan jonas absolutely blew the show up. He was the best contestant ever on that show... the new season is okay, they are at least catching some fish.
Yeah he's got whatever it is that makes people want to watch. Definitely one of the best in the show so far. Pretty good Instagram follow too

Yeah he's got whatever it is that makes people want to watch. Definitely one of the best in the show so far. Pretty good Instagram follow too
Agree, he seems to have a combination of 'can do' and passion for being outdoors and the sense that the necessary skills are within our grasp.

The people who usually win on that show are masters of primitive skills and when they get dropped off say to themselves "okay, I live here now"

I am starting to wonder if we are all watching the same shows:confused:
Over all the seasons, I think there were only 2 people who were not living on a daily calorie deficit (ie, dieing slowly but faster than most of us)
The 2 were the ones who killed a moose and a musk ox. And if I am recalling right, one of them even messed that up as some animal stole all the fat, so they couldn't properly use the lean protein. I think he recovered from that by catching some fatty fish though.

Mike Lowe TOLD the producers at the start that he was only going to do 21 days. Before insertion he bailed because there were restrictions on what they could hunt/eat. The producers talked him into staying on and he told them right then that he would only do 21 days.they figured he would make for good ratings and went with it.

Over all the seasons, I think there were only 2 people who were not living on a daily calorie deficit (ie, dieing slowly but faster than most of us)
The 2 were the ones who killed a moose and a musk ox. And if I am recalling right, one of them even messed that up as some animal stole all the fat, so they couldn't properly use the lean protein. I think he recovered from that by catching some fatty fish though.

Mike Lowe TOLD the producers at the start that he was only going to do 21 days. Before insertion he bailed because there were restrictions on what they could hunt/eat. The producers talked him into staying on and he told them right then that he would only do 21 days.they figured he would make for good ratings and went with it.
Pretty much, a couple others weren't doing too bad. But I agree Roland and Jordan were actually doing ok living there.

The dude that one the first season was living ok, but living like a bear. He'd crawl out of his hole and eat some gross little shellfish then back in his hole. :laughing:

Huh. Weird that he would apply with that sort of end date, but I guess it got them both advertising and Ultimately worked out.

Good old Hollywood:laughing:

Bumping this thread because I just finished season 9. I think the winner did a really good job. As far as I can recall he's the only one I've never heard complain. Didn't bitch about being hungry, didn't bitch about being cold, didn't bitch about missing his family. I didn't think much of it until towards the end when I realized the dude was quietly just chugging along.

Seems like 70 is the limit of these people, nothing killed or trapped last season. When the fish run out it over.

Bumping this thread because I just finished season 9. I think the winner did a really good job. As far as I can recall he's the only one I've never heard complain. Didn't bitch about being hungry, didn't bitch about being cold, didn't bitch about missing his family. I didn't think much of it until towards the end when I realized the dude was quietly just chugging along.
I think that is the Jordan Jonas year. He is a beast. One of the most important things to regulate is your emotions... if you watch the australians... they SUCK, they are so sentimental and smushy... half were gone by day 4.

I was surprised he decided to fast at the end.

I think that is the Jordan Jonas year. He is a beast. One of the most important things to regulate is your emotions... if you watch the australians... they SUCK, they are so sentimental and smushy... half were gone by day 4.
Jordan was season 6 he did really well too. I'm taking about Juan Pablo.

Jordan was season 6 he did really well too. I'm taking about Juan Pablo.
Juan Pablo is great. slow and steady.

Everyone I have ever known who was really good at something is extremely consistent.

Lol, I remember thinking the same thing while watching the series. Like, wtf dud these people even apply?

I’ve also noticed that as soon as the thought of tapping out enters their minds, they make one, maybe two days after.

I’ve also noticed that as soon as the thought of tapping out enters their minds, they make one, maybe two days after.
I remember, in my 20's, talking to my mom on the phone and telling her about the possibility of changing jobs and moving and she listened quietly. When I was done babbling she said, 'I've always found that once you really start thinking about those kinds of changes, you've already made them, it is just a matter of time til you do it.'

It really stuck in my head and I"m careful about when I really start entertaining thoughts like that. I remember about 14 years ago, waking up and realizing my marriage was over and had been for a long time. I just put all the parts in motion and in 4 months it was done.

I think if you go on alone, you just need to manage those thoughts and have a plan going in and execute the plan.

Top Back Refresh