What's new

Alone

Should be a good finale. Going to be 3 hours, so maybe someone makes it to the end. I’m guessing the chick who has frost bite will be the emergency rescue they have hinted to, but who knows.

Amos was my favorite, so I’m bummed he tapped. He seemed to have a great outlook on life and on the opportunities he’s had since coming to the US. Went out in one hell of a blaze of glory, though :smokin:

Amos was my favorite, so I’m bummed he tapped. He seemed to have a great outlook on life and on the opportunities he’s had since coming to the US. Went out in one hell of a blaze of glory, though :smokin:

I like Amos too. Very level headed and kept a positive outlook throughout his adventure. I'm okay with any of the remaining contestants winning though. They all earned it.

Finale was good. Would definitely suck to get pulled out 10 days away. My girlfiriend was pissed she got pulled, but I didn't see her outlasting Roland. Roland still had quite a bit of food left.

Yeah I can just imagine the shit show on social media, when people start protesting since this is the second time the woman has been pulled, just before the end.
She admitted she probably wasn't going to be able to make it to the end.

Congrats to Roland. Eating the grass out of the musk ox stomach was hardcore.

Was super bummed for Callie. She was so mentally strong and to be so close had to be a tough blow.

Just watched it. I thought the Canadian chick had a better chance than the hippy chick. But she went mental.

Why didn't they build a shelter on the ice to block the cold/ wind.

Just watched it. I thought the Canadian chick had a better chance than the hippy chick. But she went mental.

low energy i guess, the canadian was the only one who brought sticks to sit on and cover her ice hole with though.

i was entertained with the last episode, glad the one chick didn't starve to death, just the skin freezing thing taking her out.

I'm glad Roland won, seemed like he had the most real world experience and was lucky getting the musk ox too. Also his house kicked ass so much they didn't even year it down all the way:laughing:

Same thing. Build a small 3 foot wall with sides on land and slide it out when you fish. If the ice is thick enough you could have a fire out there

Anyone else still watching?
It is one of my fave's. There is even an Australian version now.

After all the seasons it is interesting to note that I have not seen one single person actually thrive. From the moment they are dropped off they all start dieing, just some slower than the others.
Really makes me wonder about previous inhabitants (ie, indigenous) who want us to believe they were healthy and happy living in Shangri la. If none of these people can do it with all their equipment, it must have been a real struggle every day before colonization.

After all the seasons it is interesting to note that I have not seen one single person actually thrive. From the moment they are dropped off they all start dieing, just some slower than the others.
Really makes me wonder about previous inhabitants (ie, indigenous) who want us to believe they were healthy and happy living in Shangri la. If none of these people can do it with all their equipment, it must have been a real struggle every day before colonization.
There was one ex military dude that quit early with a bitchen shack, and a good stockpile of fish, he was my early vote for winner and he bowed out cause he said he was bored. Can’t remember what season but it was a later one.

The other issue is starting in fall and going into winter. A spring start or end of winter with some supplies, such as you would have "arriving" to a new spot would give you a much better chance.

And the short term mentality of minimalism, starving is part of the game in a sense

The first winter always sucks because you are setting everything up, the second winter is the starving time, by the third winter anybody who survives the winter of death (year 2) will have it figured out enough to be generally stable as they please.

Also there are travel limits to the show, so you can't go as far as you'd maybe like if you were trying to improve

There was one ex military dude that quit early with a bitchen shack, and a good stockpile of fish, he was my early vote for winner and he bowed out cause he said he was bored. Can’t remember what season but it was a later one.
Yup I remember that guy, he was making toys and cups and all kinds of shit. He was sitting there carving something and looked at the camera and said fuck this I'm out! :laughing:

If you have dozens of generations of accumulated knowledge of an area it's a lot easier. Same as camping as a teenager is hard. As an adult it's comfortable. You dial it in with experience.

Yup I remember that guy, he was making toys and cups and all kinds of shit. He was sitting there carving something and looked at the camera and said fuck this I'm out! :laughing:
was that the same guy who missed his family, or different? I remember a dude seeming VERY well set and on the road to victory, but he decided it wasn't worth missing the time with his kids. Think he'd lost a child before the show or something and being away hit him even harder than most?

Seem lame this year, maybe it's the editing.
Anyone with kids always drops out.

The winner last season did it by fasting. He actually seemed fairly healthy at the end.

He was dying and it was a pathetic season and strategy. Let’s see who is medically rolled out last from organ failure. Unfortunately it seems to be the way that show is now. Show up fat and barely use any energy hoping you outlast the other starving heavy weights.

Anyone with a chance to thrive on skills eventually seems to lose on the mental game. As in they don’t spend every waking second hunting and fishing.

Seem lame this year, maybe it's the editing.
Anyone with kids always drops out.
Yeah, we always call it - soon as they start saying "I really miss my kids, etc etc...". You know they are tapping soon. I get the feeling it has become an accepted way of tapping without seeming like a pussy. They just really just don't want to be there anymore but they say 'its for the kids'. :shaking:.

1689707638473.png

If you have dozens of generations of accumulated knowledge of an area it's a lot easier. Same as camping as a teenager is hard. As an adult it's comfortable. You dial it in with experience.
Fair enough, but having centuries of accumulated wisdom and expertise, and a few hours of googling before shipping out is a pretty big benefit too. I just don't think these people are prepared to do what they need to do. How often have you seen anyone eating bugs on the show?

Fair enough, but having centuries of accumulated wisdom and expertise, and a few hours of googling before shipping out is a pretty big benefit too. I just don't think these people are prepared to do what they need to do. How often have you seen anyone eating bugs on the show?
There is also a bunch of selective editing that goes on. Keeps the audience guided to the end

I listened to Rogan interview season 6 winner Jordan Jones recently. Guy seemed legit.
jordan jonas absolutely blew the show up. He was the best contestant ever on that show... the new season is okay, they are at least catching some fish.

Top Back Refresh