What's new

All you fuckers living in rusty places

Looks like a Subaru. OP is sending out the :rainbow: Overbear signal.:flipoff2:

:flipoff2:

20240125_072527.jpg

And you pussies haven't lived until you flux cored a 3/16 bracket to a chunk of rust
Or when your patch panel goes from slightly bigger to 2x the area to 3x the area because you can’t weld to bondo and fiberglass cloth on a 10 year old Chevy box that’s already been done once

Direct from northern Ohio.
A 2004 Volvo xc70
IMG_20240125_101405564_HDR.jpg

And yes, I've recently had the sub frame bolts out too
I call bullshit on that ever leaving the friggen garage when there is salt on the road. The exhaust heat shield doesn't even have any salt oxidation on it.

Reminder that in the later 00s, the "rusted hood" trend was popular in the Euro scene, and a lot of people had 10+ page topics on how to get the hood to rust on its own. It's so challenging to induce rust here that not only was it considered a cool look, people couldn't figure out how to make it happen naturally.

1706229460964.png

Seriously, yer dead. Go do something more positive than hanging around our sad excuse for livin.

I'm on the ropes.

My first order of business, after I gets them sweet feathery angel wings, and watch Jennifer Garner take a shower, is to fly over to Steve300's house and rub my ghost dick on his lips.

Reminder that in the later 00s, the "rusted hood" trend was popular in the Euro scene, and a lot of people had 10+ page topics on how to get the hood to rust on its own. It's so challenging to induce rust here that not only was it considered a cool look, people couldn't figure out how to make it happen naturally.

1706229460964.png
My 77 Jimmy has solid rust patina across the whole hood, it makes me laugh when I actually look at it. Most perfect rust patina evar.:laughing:

Last edited:
they're aluminuminumiumnuimnuim
Yea, and not a single one on any car I've had over 8-10 years still has them looking fresh like that after being driven on a salty road, infact the majority are all held up by friggen zip ties and have huge corroded holes where the original fasteners held them... Aluminum isn't fucking magic and hugely reacts with salt and the dissimilar metals around it.

I take it you've never seen over the road aluminum truck trailers completely rotted out from salt eh?

Aluminum isn't fucking magic and hugely reacts with salt and the dissimilar metals around it.
but where it isn't in contact with other metals like around the edges it is pretty much eternal

when the washer nuts rust through the heatshields I don't use fender washers any more, I use used up 3" cutoff wheels as washers
The ones with the 3/8" hole in the middle
they aren't metallic so they don't seem to corrode the aluminum

Yea, and not a single one on any car I've had over 8-10 years still has them looking fresh like that after being driven on a salty road, infact the majority are all held up by friggen zip ties and have huge corroded holes where the original fasteners held them... Aluminum isn't fucking magic and hugely reacts with salt and the dissimilar metals around it.
The fuck are you talking about?

I'm with him on this. It corrodes/fatigues apart around the bolt holes long before the shield looks anything other than new.
I take it you've never seen over the road aluminum truck trailers completely rotted out from salt eh?
This sounds like some Commeifornian desert dwelling bullshit where even the lightest corrosion is "rotted out". I've never even heard of an aluminum trailer corroding out before it ages out from cracking even in a marine environment let alone an OTR one. I'm sure tracyb and ANGELO have seen more shit though so they might have an opinion.

Last edited:
The fuck are you talking about?

I'm with him on this. It corrodes/fatigues apart around the bolt holes long before the shield looks anything other than new.

This sounds like some Commeifornian desert dwelling bullshit where even the lightest corrosion is "rotted out". I've never even heard of an aluminum trailer corroding out before it ages out from cracking even in a marine environment let alone an OTR one. I'm sure tracyb and ANGELO have seen more shit though so they might have an opinion.

I live in the heart of the saltiest roads in Canada... Southern Ontario. My 2011 Ford fusion has no rockers. My 2011 F150 is starting to get quite crusty in cab corners and rockers on the under inside. Been fluid film wool waxed, rust cure 3000'd. Everything still turns to crusty fucking junk here.

1706229460964.png
There are chemicals you can use to make it happen real fast.

:crying: I spent over an hour pressure washing the mag mud shit from the XJ this morning. I would show a photo of the rust, but my phone cannot take anymore until I clean it out. I love mud but this is the devil's shit.

Top Back Refresh