What's new

Adventure Rail build(s)!

Been picking away. Cleaned up a bunch of shoddy wiring. Got fans wired and sucking. Got it fired back up to verify all the wiring changes didn't effect anything. Running good with the new IAC and throttle body. Fans drop the temp 15* in under 30 seconds once kicked on.
1719097455061.png

Pulled the header and cleaned it up, then shot with some VHT ceramic paint.
1719097514877.png

Had to hack up the battery hold down to fit the Odyssey. No matter what they say, their 34R doesnt fit in an optima 34R mount.
1719099130343.png

Got the swing arm pivots final welded. installed arms and brakes today. Ignore the missing hardware. McMaster is slacking and took almost 20 minutes to ship my order this morning. :laughing:
1719097570620.png

Clamped on some better looking mirrors...
1719098754594.png

Last edited:
Spent yesterday sweating, swearing and all around just fighting the torsion bars to get ride height where I wanted it and level side to side. What a clusterfuck.:laughing: Ended up chaining the chassis down to the floor via the anchors on my lift. Blocked the chassis off the ground just enough that I could get one bolt into the arm/spring plate then jacking up against the chains.

1719767063702.png

1719767088714.png

1719767108004.png

Spent yesterday sweating, swearing and all around just fighting the torsion bars to get ride height where I wanted it and level side to side. What a clusterfuck.:laughing: Ended up chaining the chassis down to the floor via the anchors on my lift. Blocked the chassis off the ground just enough that I could get one bolt into the arm/spring plate then jacking up against the chains.

1719767063702.png

1719767088714.png

1719767108004.png
I bet you used up all your cuss words for the week :laughing:
Can't wait for the ride report.

Was hoping the spare, a full tank of fuel and passengers would bring the tail down but i don't think its going to do it now. :( Not looking forward to re-indexing the torsion bars.

HAM unit is in. With the faceplate mounted remote the top of the radio was too open to the elements for my liking. Slapped together a little 3d printed cover for it.
What radio is that? Did you design the cover or just download the file?

Icom 2370A I designed it. It needs some tweaking but it's good enough that I'm not likely to mess with it. I can share it if you want.

Icom 2370A I designed it. It needs some tweaking but it's good enough that I'm not likely to mess with it. I can share it if you want.
I have an Icom 7000 that a cover could come in handy for. I assume it's different.

Take a pic of the face of the main unit.
This isn't my picture, but the same radio. It's an HF plus VHF/UHF mobile with a detachable face. I can get a pic of the radio with out the face attached when I get home.

1725542795463.png

This isn't my picture, but the same radio. It's an HF plus VHF/UHF mobile with a detachable face. I can get a pic of the radio with out the face attached when I get home.

1725542795463.png
yeah I googled it. Can find a pic without the face. But it looks fatter. Not likely the same.

Was a fairly easy project though. Whip one up!

Top Back Refresh