What's new

A wolf in Jeeps clothing - Goatbuilt 1200 LJ/TJ Chassis build

Sounds like you didn’t know you built the axle right and ordered the wrong third the first go around. You did yourself a favor.
That is one way to look at it. I am not sad that I have that big heavy duty unit though. Haha

hjRW0uXjcEINZ1XI_DQhi-bw=w2221-h1249-no?authuser=0.jpg

sq6irUNA30l9gYmtC54mda2Ig=w703-h1249-no?authuser=0.jpg

I don't remember so forgive me if that was addressed alredy:

Do you have a heatshield to protect the AN lines crossing right on top of the muffler under the passenger seat ?
Between the 2 P clamps basically.

I don't remember so forgive me if that was addressed alredy:

Do you have a heatshield to protect the AN lines crossing right on top of the muffler under the passenger seat ?
Between the 2 P clamps basically.
I have a few options I can use. I have a few different offerings of DEI thermal shield. I also have some heat shields for the muffler.

JXL1ctQmDyYk6lzzhYUYeQpA=w2221-h1249-no?authuser=0.jpg

jqv9fS-uTtNu6rTdaMh0GyHw=w2221-h1249-no?authuser=0.jpg

Again, your work is art.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I would put a small tack weld on every one of those nut certs. It only takes one to spin to send you into fits. My opinion is that nut certs are only good for thin sheetmetal.

I've been using weld nuts on everything. They do stick up .250" or so, but there's ways to deal with that.

I would put a small tack weld on every one of those nut certs. It only takes one to spin to send you into fits. My opinion is that nut certs are only good for thin sheetmetal.

I've been using weld nuts on everything. They do stick up .250" or so, but there's ways to deal with that.
That isn't a terrible idea. .120" is the thickest material that I use these nutserts on for the most part. I also add a dab of green locktite.

these are something ive use un the past with decent luck.

C32EB9F5-EC46-4D67-8DC5-1F343110585A.png

Plumbing is almost done! This weekend I was able to knock out the engine crankcase vent. After chatting with Bebop , I decided to run -8 plumbing from each valve cover to a catch can. I started with pulling the existing 3/8" barb fitting from the passenger side valve cover, and the orifice fitting on the driver side. I opened up the holes to accept a -8 weld bung and burned em in.

Once that was done and I had the engine side of the hose made, I started looking at routing options and how to secure them in the engine bay. I took the coil mounts off when I modified the valve covers, and drilled/tapped 3 holes to 1/4-20. I threaded a bolt in from the back to act as a stud, then reinstalled everything. I turned up some little threaded spacers and installed them on the bolt. I took a piece of 3/8" SS hardline and crimped it in the vise. This allowed me a spot to drill mounting holes. They still need a little clean up, but you get the idea.

FMHMfO_wZ-FPpGPn1_8gZgO0w=w1064-h599-no?authuser=0.jpg

uh_NIcsBABTfBaRolB3RfkVAg=w1064-h599-no?authuser=0.jpg

With those in place on both sides, I was able to start attaching the hoses to the guides. I was able to mock everything up and cut the hoses to length and fit the other hose end. I am running these to a mighty mouse solutions gen 5 XL "Race can". Two -8 hoses coming in, and a single -10 coming out the top. The -10 hose goes down to a little bracket bolted to the frame. I used the inculded filter and top cap from the kit, and adapted it to -10.

Hks8eU00AP7Y0aCMpTECakwuQ=w1064-h599-no?authuser=0.jpg

qGPbKxxA_ezHqNWTJqIl36729w=w561-h997-no?authuser=0.jpg

ULtoh2BQHWFsTvHSu3Ys-hAKg=w1064-h599-no?authuser=0.jpg

Nice job.

What did you do with the vent in the valley cover? Does that still run into the intake?

try to find a way to get the lines a crossed the back to be a high point to prevent oil collecting in the low spot.

beautiful execution

This weekend I got a few non picture worthy things checked off, and 3d printed a little bracket.

I needed a brake light switch, and drew up a little bracket that would mount off the wilwood pedal assembly.

First I needed to model the pedal, pedal mount, and figure an approximate position of the pedal. The drawing on the Wilwood website didn't provide all the dimensions needed to create the part. I copied the picture and scaled it until it was ~1:1. This let me make a sketch and then dimension the sketch to get the needed dimensions. The 4.10 dimension is from solidworks, I ended up getting within .010. Close enough.

1678109083305.png

Once I was able to draw the part, I made an assembly and determined where the switch needed to be located, how adjustable it needed to be, and started filling in the blanks.

This is with the adjustment maxxed out with the pedal as close to the driver as possible:

1678109888347.png

This is with the adjustment maxxed out with the pedal as close to the firewall as possible:

1678109942100.png

I am confident something in that range will work.

Once I had the parts modeled, I sent them to the 3D printing software. These parts have 10 soild layers top and bottom, and 10 vertical perimeters. Printed these out with a polycarbonate blend.

1678110149716.png

You can see the tool path in this section.

1678110203015.png

1678110238700.png

#6 screws thread into the body and secure the switch. I had to tap the switch in with a plastic hammer, the fit was very tight.

trk99o3m8_Hs7itpEHbJZEA-g=w703-h1249-no?authuser=0.jpg

10-24 square nuts are slid into their slots, and used to secure the front bracket. I made the slots for a 5/16-18 SHCC. In hindsight, I problably wouldn't have done that again, and used a standard hex bolt and a washer. When I torque the bolts down, it deforms the plastic a little bit. There really isn't much surface area for the bolt head to grab being in a slot. It looks cool though. :lmao:
hFbnxUVsJy1xj2sHZMhXYv5_A=w703-h1249-no?authuser=0.jpg

And installed. I ground that little tit off that would hold a return spring. I am going to relocate that a little lower on the pedal.

-NgJNBNxbZ4zfywC6SeEHBLMQ=w703-h1249-no?authuser=0.jpg

Is this thing f'ing done yet? I feel like you and HYDRODYNAMIC are in the running for slowest build ever. :flipoff2:

Im just jealous of the craftsmanship you two put in. :homer:
It’s a very close race. Possibly same deadline, KOH 2024?
Paint is going on the tube this summer when it drys up then rebuild the whole thing again.

Top Back Refresh