What's new

7.3 thread continued?

I was planning on doing the same. Got home from work, pulled the fuel bowl and realized I forgot to pick one up :laughing:
Didn't want to bend mine so I tried it, and it just barely fit in there.

Cross post!

Pretty much the day i fixed my fuel leak, the o-ring on my dipstick adapter let loose, and i was puking oil out the side of the pan :shaking:

06.jpg

Actually wasnt too hard to fish the o-ring out of there. it had swollen to the point it came out of its groove. It was squishy like a gummy worm :laughing:

Anyways, since i need the truck for tomorrow and didnt want to fuck with trying to get a new oring back in it, i installed the repair adapter from Strictly Diesel
07.jpg

Its not cheap. But its a pretty nice piece.
The whole job from start to finish was maybe 90 minutes. Not too bad to do at all really.

Finally, no more leaks :smokin:

Cross post!

Pretty much the day i fixed my fuel leak, the o-ring on my dipstick adapter let loose, and i was puking oil out the side of the pan :shaking:

06.jpg

Actually wasnt too hard to fish the o-ring out of there. it had swollen to the point it came out of its groove. It was squishy like a gummy worm :laughing:

Anyways, since i need the truck for tomorrow and didnt want to fuck with trying to get a new oring back in it, i installed the repair adapter from Strictly Diesel
07.jpg

Its not cheap. But its a pretty nice piece.
The whole job from start to finish was maybe 90 minutes. Not too bad to do at all really.

Finally, no more leaks :smokin:
Mine let go helping a friend move in front of his house.

Just moved in, left a gallon of oil right in front of their suburbia home with a nice black slick all the way to the storm drain. :homer:

Stupid ass damn design. Still have the engine sitting in the barn with black permatex smeared all over the side of the oil pan from the side of the road fix.

I dont doubt that for a second, it leaks like a sieve once that oring squirts out of its groove :shaking: Not sure why they even put that o-ring there in the first place; seems like an engineered failure waiting to happen.

Can you get a strong magnet to hook onto it and slide it up to the dip stick hole?

I've also heard you can pull the pan by undoing the motor mounts and lifting the engine up a bit.

Its in a water jacket. If it fell into the pan he has more problems than a magnet can fix.

Its not a water jacket, as the pump rides a lobe on the cam.

I found a thread over on PSN about someone dropping the fuel pump tappet into the motor, and the general consensus is that itll make it to the bottom of the pan where you can fish it out via the dipstick hole, but at that point it just dont matter if it stays down there in the pan.

I dunno about a freeze plug making it that far down, but i suppose its possible. If you cant find it, maybe just hand crank the engine for a while and see if you can get it to drop all the way down? Could always pull the dipstick flange out of the pan and look around with a scope to try and spot it.

Its not a water jacket, as the pump rides a lobe on the cam.

I found a thread over on PSN about someone dropping the fuel pump tappet into the motor, and the general consensus is that itll make it to the bottom of the pan where you can fish it out via the dipstick hole, but at that point it just dont matter if it stays down there in the pan.

I dunno about a freeze plug making it that far down, but i suppose its possible. If you cant find it, maybe just hand crank the engine for a while and see if you can get it to drop all the way down? Could always pull the dipstick flange out of the pan and look around with a scope to try and spot it.
I just assumed it was a normal freeze plug. Im dumb.

Im guessing so? I was looking them up a month or so ago to send some info about their IDM to a buddy, and couldnt get their site to load. Never found out any info as to what happened.

Swamp's FICM & IDM​

On July 15, 2022 Diesel Technology of Chattanooga bought out all the 6.0 FICM and 7.3 IDM related business assets from Swamp's Motorsports. This includes the test benches, cores, parts inventory, tools and equipment.

At the time of purchase, we were under the impression that there were no unfulfilled orders which we would be responsible for fulfilling. Furthermore, we have no claims on any of Swamp's accounts receivable nor liability for accounts payable. (They have filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy) If you have an unfulfilled order with them, you will need to first file a dispute with your bank, and then contact us.

As a gesture of good-will to Swamp's customers, we are offering to warranty any Swamp's FICM or IDM for one year from the date of installation. You'll need to ship the unit to us, provide proof of purchase, and tell us what issues or symptoms the unit is giving you. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]

Translation: We bought all their shit, they don't owe us anything, we don't owe you or them anything, but we don't want anyone to get screwed any worse that they already are.

Diesel Technology of Chattanooga is owned and operated by Jonathan Ryan aka Swamp or Swamp Donkey, co-founder and head of R&D at Swamp's Diesel Performance from 2003 to 2018.

Interesting, i wonder what happened

Well shit, guess I'll be calling my bank. Honestly, I had some bad vibes, but chalked it up to supply issues.

Well, poop, so much for the 5 year 200kmi warranty on my 1 year old swamps injectors.

X2 on wondering what happened. They were some of the early options for 7.3 and 6.0 parts.

Here's my take

Jonathan sold the company and started diesel tech of chatt. New guys ran the company and the name into the ground. Jonathan bought up a few of the pcs left that pertained to what he does now and is trying to keep his name good.

ITs a shame, When i bought injectors from Jonathan at swamps in 2004, the customer service was stellar.

Who's using what for a code reader/monitor?

I've already got a boost and Pyro, and a t&s 6position chip, looking at the edge insight for additional monitoring and the code storage.

Guy on a powerstroke fb group said

"buy a BT elm obd2 adapter, use an android phone app called CarGaugePro"

I found the app, and Amazon has a billion different bt adapter doers. Any advice here??

For a 7.3? Use Forscan, instead. The OBDLink adapters are good. I use a hardwired one to my Android radio, and run Forscan on it all the time. Works great.

Mark

The guys at FTE like the MX+ version, but a quick search didn't yield any results for LX experience. Do you need iPhone support?

Mark

Oh, yes, Forscan Lite is the name of the app for your phone. Regular Forscan runs on Windows.

BTW, I just read that Forscan has stopped distribution of the IOS version, as Apple has stopped paying them. Hopefully you're on Android.

Mark

Top Back Refresh