What's new

2024 F1 thread

Screenshot_20240424-062729.png

:lmao:

I was just looking at the coverage starting, so yeah, it'll be a while till lights out.

Looks like a tiny chance at rain, we'll see.
Rain is always good for spicing things up a bit.

What's the under/over on another Hamilton torpedo? :flipoff2:

Orange one top, okay race.

Why is Newy leaving redbull, that's gonna switch things up on their end. I've sorta followed the news on it but it seems like a dumb reason to leave a team like this.

I enjoyed the race, it seems like there might actually be more parity now with three marques in the top five. Lando drove a perfect race, but it seemed like Max was having some handling issues, I don't think he had fastest lap at any point.

Orange one top, okay race.

Why is Newy leaving redbull, that's gonna switch things up on their end. I've sorta followed the news on it but it seems like a dumb reason to leave a team like this.
He's 65, been at the sharp end of F1 since 1988 and fancies retirement 🤷‍♂️.
He doesn't need the money, has plenty of hobbies/projects to keep him busy (including Red Bull's new WEC Hypercar) so why not pack it in? It's also probably not as much of a challenge for him at the moment now they've been on the same regs for the last couple of years.

IMO if he gets the itch to come back it'll probably be for Williams with the '26 reg change. He's not going to want to go to somewhere like Ferrari or Aston no matter how much they offer. He's gonna want that small team feel where he has carte blanche to do what he likes to make a winning car without having to have endless meetings, committees and a micromanaging boss interfering with the process.

I enjoyed the race, it seems like there might actually be more parity now with three marques in the top five. Lando drove a perfect race, but it seemed like Max was having some handling issues, I don't think he had fastest lap at any point.
I know he wasn't the happiest before hitting the bollard but there was no way he wouldn't have reeled Lando back in if his car was undamaged.

I said to the wife at the time when they showed the slo-mo 'look at all the black chunks coming out the back of the car, he's fucked the floor' but of course the commentators were too busy focusing on Max playing car football with the shiny orange bit to notice the small black bollard mount tearing the car a new one....

Screenshot_20240506-183253.png

I know he wasn't the happiest before hitting the bollard but there was no way he wouldn't have reeled Lando back in if his car was undamaged.

I said to the wife at the time when they showed the slo-mo 'look at all the black chunks coming out the back of the car, he's fucked the floor' but of course the commentators were too busy focusing on Max playing car football with the shiny orange bit to notice the small black bollard mount tearing the car a new one....

Screenshot_20240506-183253.png
Yeah, when the course worker went on track he picked up the pylon, the base and something else, wasn't sure what the third thing was, but it was black so I assumed it was CF.

Top Back Refresh