What's new

2024 F1 thread

Going to be a LONG year for everyone but Red Bull. 🤦‍♂️ Like Alonso said a few days ago after testing, 19 driver know they can’t will the championship this year. :shaking:

I had high hopes for sauber doing something but no luck. Otherwise to my casual observer eye pretty much last year with Alpine taking the place of McLaren.

I had high hopes for sauber doing something but no luck. Otherwise to my casual observer eye pretty much last year with Alpine taking the place of McLaren.

One of my investments just signed on as a Sponsor for Sauber...I'd rather they increase the dividend with that money.

I turned it off after the 2nd lap. Not the most exciting track, and clear there was no way Max was losing the lead already by then

It did tell me we need more neon cars. Screw the black/white/red, give me some hot pink and highlighter yellow to go with the neon green.

I turned it off after the 2nd lap. Not the most exciting track, and clear there was no way Max was losing the lead already by then

It did tell me we need more neon cars. Screw the black/white/red, give me some hot pink and highlighter yellow to go with the neon green.
I just watched the highlights, which were only 7 minutes long, and about 5 minutes too long.

It's pretty bad when a 52 second pit stop makes the reel. :laughing:
if it's the guy fighting for P2 its' a little different than the guy rolling around at P16 already:emb: that one where his nut got fubar in the Merc made sense to make clips. This one, snore

Wow, another snoozer.

Ollie Bearman had a good drive, not bad for an 18yo kid. Admitted a couple mistakes, so he should be one to watch, he's not going to get Sainz seat right now, but we'll see about next year.

Has there always been this much drama in F1? Jesus Christ no wonder women love this shit. :laughing:
Soap opera for EuroTrash. Always has been. Throw in the British vs Italians or British vs Germans or British vs French for some extra spice.

Netflix just took it world wide.

If you want to watch real racing might I suggest MotoGP. Or Indycar, or IMSA, but I think F1 will be as boring as it has been for the past decade.

Only watched the highlights so …..

Chapeau Bearman. Good debut.

Battle seems to be Ferrari vs McLaren vs Merc for first loser. Hopefully Aston too

What has happened to Alpine? Suspect this is a direct result of Bruno Fermin in and Otto S out last year.

Overheard the Phoenix (grosjean) discussing the race while I was in St Pete during the track walk. As he said to several other drivers around him current and retired - “well we all know the racing is much better here (US), than there (F1)”. Even with a dominant Penske/Chevrolet this weekend, the racing was still good. F1 - even the highlights were a snooze

Have to think Newey is already working on next years chassis, while everyone else is scrambling to catch up to this years monster

Soap opera for EuroTrash. Always has been. Throw in the British vs Italians or British vs Germans or British vs French for some extra spice.

Netflix just took it world wide.

If you want to watch real racing might I suggest MotoGP. Or Indycar, or IMSA, but I think F1 will be as boring as it has been for the past decade.
MotoGP (the big boy class) is boring to me. Too many riders aides, but Moto3 and 2 are worth watching. I would also add Australian Supercars to your list.

Have to think Newey is already working on next years chassis, while everyone else is scrambling to catch up to this years monster
Well I remember MB after winning 2020 and thought they'd be working on the 22 car, but got surprised, (IMO), by RB in 21, and we all know how bad the 22 car was for MB. It's a balancing act for sure.

1000025561.jpg

Pretty eventful race weekend all round this weekend :smokin:

surprised there wasn't any penalty for the rear end. Dude seemed pretty clue less that he screwed up. Nice to see a orange car on the podium!

surprised there wasn't any penalty for the rear end. Dude seemed pretty clue less that he screwed up. Nice to see a orange car on the podium!
Talking about Stroll? He got 10 seconds and 2 points on his super license which brings him to 7 in 12 months (12 in 12 equals a ban)

Ah yeah it wasn't covered in the recaps I saw, just saw Honey Badger was a bit PO'd. And Stoll's interview was "well I guess some guys braked in front of me... :jester:"

Predictably another walkover for Max, and Checo should have been right behind him, but good for Lando. Some good racing back in the pack, seemed like Alonso's car was eating tires, I didn't see him abusing the rubber more than the others.

Man, Hamilton has to be crying himself to sleep every night.

I wondered if the good engine went in Alonsos car and Ham sammy got a stroll level engine :lmao: .

Gotta hand it to Komatsu though, Haas has managed to pretty handily rise to top of the irrelevant teams this year.

Predictably another walkover for Max, and Checo should have been right behind him, but good for Lando. Some good racing back in the pack, seemed like Alonso's car was eating tires, I didn't see him abusing the rubber more than the others.

Man, Hamilton has to be crying himself to sleep every night.
I think the only way anyone is gonna beat Max this year is with a stick while he sleeps.
Love him or hate him he's an epic talent in an epic car, the only way he's gonna have any competition is if RB pick up Sainz for next year and even then that'll probably just lead to bigger gaps between 1/2 and the rest of the pack as they push each other.

Top Back Refresh