What's new

2022 F250 7.3l metal in filter.

Ford Specs 5,000 miles if towing, using for commercial use, dusty conditions or offroad.
I've never had the maintenance light come on, but assume it will around 10,000 miles.

Wowza. So ford figured out the issue it looks like.

Wonder when the fix will be available for 21-23?

I think it’s too late for mine.
Lemon law is easy peasy.

Don't know your specific state but typically its 30 days out of service or 3 repair attempts.

You already have 6 days out of service and 1 repair attempt.
Take it back again and exuberantly tell them to find the problem no matter how long it takes. You love the truck and want it fixed right. Tech will push it outside and ignore it. Do that a third time and you've met the threshold for repair attempts and very likely the days out of service.

Be prepared that your state may have a mileage offset based on the use of the vehicle. So you won't get the full amount back but it'll be a large majority of it.

Lemon law is easy peasy.

Don't know your specific state but typically its 30 days out of service or 3 repair attempts.

Take it back again and exuberantly tell them to find the problem no matter how long it takes. You love the truck and want it fixed right. Tech will push it outside and ignore it. Do that a third time and you've met the threshold for repair attempts and very likely the days out of service.

Be prepared that your state may have a mileage offset based on the use of the vehicle. So you won't get the full amount back but it'll be a large majority of it.

IMO they will usually just buy it back if the lemon law criteria is met, much easier than actually going through the process and having to accumulate statistics.

Lemon law is easy peasy.

Thanks!

My next appointment is 6/11.

Blackstone is 14 days out, I decided I better go ahead and get the next appointment under my belt or I'll run out of time.

Just heard from the dealer, they asked permission to have a technician drive it home a couple days ago. Said that was fine.

Technician says the truck has warped manifolds and they're going to replace oil pump drive gears for good measure. Parts will take 4-5 days to get, no big deal.

Hope this does the trick, but does not explain metal in the oil.

Pulled the filter and checked the filter media before dropping it off. It had a dozen or so shiny bits in it with only 490 miles since the oil change. These looked to be aluminum shavings, vs last time being ferrous bits. I gave them the filter media when I dropped it off.

Just heard from the dealer, they asked permission to have a technician drive it home a couple days ago. Said that was fine.

Technician says the truck has warped manifolds and they're going to replace oil pump drive gears for good measure. Parts will take 4-5 days to get, no big deal.

Hope this does the trick, but does not explain metal in the oil.

Pulled the filter and checked the filter media before dropping it off. It had a dozen or so shiny bits in it with only 490 miles since the oil change. These looked to be aluminum shavings, vs last time being ferrous bits. I gave them the filter media when I dropped it off.
Could be oil pump housing material?

Oil pump drive gears fixed an off idle ratcheting type noise. Almost sounded like the beginnings of rod knock.

The clicketty clacks are still present all the time now it seems.

Exhaust manifolds and catalytic converters were a complete waste, but no cost to me.

4-5 days turned into them having the truck from 6/11-7/8.

Dealership manipulated the R/O close date to make it look like it hasn’t been in the shop for a month it seems. R/O close date of 6/28 and didn’t call till 7/8.

It’s been in the shop 33 days total, it’s still noisy so I opened a claim with BBB Autoline. This is how VA deals with Lemon Law and buy backs.

What is build date of truck?

Side note, when does warranty clock start, date of sale to 1st owner?

So will you give the 7.3 another shot, or are you on to something else?
I actually love the 7.3l. I wish mine didn’t have issues.

I wish the Customer Satisfaction bulletin offered a programming fix for 2022 trucks.

If it’s not bought back by ford I’ll probably keep it and find a dealer willing to deal with the noise.

Top Back Refresh