What's new

2002 TuRD

fucking A for sure. just always remember the reason we do this. we tell ourselves this will be easy...... i can do it. no worries. i enjoy working on my projects. this will make it better. its an upgraded that is needed. this is fun. anyway good fun for sure. and we all have them days. :beer:

:beer::beer:

fucking A for sure. just always remember the reason we do this. we tell ourselves this will be easy...... i can do it. no worries. i enjoy working on my projects. this will make it better. its an upgraded that is needed. this is fun. anyway good fun for sure. and we all have them days. :beer:

:beer::beer:

This is good mantra for when you’re laying under your rig asking “Why do this much work for a “hobby,” just waiting for the jack stands to give out and end it all. :laughing:

:flipoff2:

Question for you, the transmission cross member, can you measure it for me? Framerail to framerail? See how it lines up with my 4runner?

You’re like the antithesis to everything. :laughing:

Fuck trailering your wheeler to the trails.
Fuck not hammering on said rig you drove to wheel.
Fuck nice welds.
:flipoff2:
Also add I am building this in a garage in a golf course community:lmao::flipoff2:

I can tear it up with a flux core welder l!!

Last edited:
And he works in safety! :lmao:
:lmao::lmao:

I actually have a picture of this junk pile almost flopping over on a rock as my work laptop background!

Like I tell my safety committee: I don't care if you want to jump flaming pallets on a dirt bike, doughnuts in your car, see how much chemicals you can huff until you pass out, hell call me, I'll probably join ya, but do not do any of this dumb shit on the property:lmao:

:lmao::lmao:

I actually have a picture of this junk pile almost flopping over on a rock as my work laptop background!

Like I tell my safety committee: I don't care if you want to jump flaming pallets on a dirt bike, doughnuts in your car, see how much chemicals you can huff until you pass out, hell call me, I'll probably join ya, but do not do any of this dumb shit on the property:lmao:
Essentially, go be stupid way way over there. :lmao:

So I was sick as hell last weekend, and I am almost better so I turned some wrenches on this pile tonight. I went into this wanting to install the steering box, so I clamped it up and did some flexing;
1000001734.jpg

1000001735.jpg

1000001737.jpg

So everything clears, I need to notch the frame and I'll be good to go. However I was still not feeling like drilling holes in the frame and welding, so I decided to mess with the powersteering pump. So with the PSC pump, you have to drill out the upper bolt to 10mm, so always a good feeling having to take a drill to a $250 ps pump. So clamp it up .....
1000001743.jpg

And FUCK
1000001744.jpg

Luckly I was able to knock the bit out. It actually drilled better broken:laughing:. I used the TG TC bracket and it was ok, their spacer didn't work so I had to stack some washers for the upper bolt and that took longer than it should have. I also pressed the pulley on while it was on the truck which was tedious, but it's in. Feels good to be bolting shit back on this pile.
1000001745.jpg

1000001746.jpg

I have a radial dynamics res and pressure valve thing in the mail, should have been here today but it is what it is I guess.

I'll probably fuck with the steering box Sunday night.

Been wrenching on this, well mainly trying to place parts and then having to take more of the truck apart. However, I got over a huge mental hurdle tonight, the mounting holes for the steering box have been drilled!!:smokin: I have put this project off since 2016 because I hate drilling holes in frames. So this is done, later in the week I'll weld the mounting plates on and clearance and cap the bottom of the frame to clear the TRE nut.
1000001803.jpg

Also have been trying to find a place for the new steering res. Looks like it will be living up here:
1000001808.jpg

1000001804.jpg

Looking up from the pump, should be a nice straight shot.
1000001805.jpg

So making progress!!

Progress! I mounted my reservoir to the core support by the airbox. Somewhere... I have a bracket that was used to mount it in the location you are proposing... just no idea where it is....

Oh... I'm rewiring my ARB this weekend... Just for you. :flipoff2:

Progress! I mounted my reservoir to the core support by the airbox. Somewhere... I have a bracket that was used to mount it in the location you are proposing... just no idea where it is....

Oh... I'm rewiring my ARB this weekend... Just for you. :flipoff2:
:laughing::laughing:

i was going back and forth on between the air box and core support and where I'm proposing.

I have a bunch of scrap waiting to be cobbled into a bracket this weekend lol

Worked on this turd all today and kicked some ass. Steering box mount is all burned in:

Trimmed the frame for pitman arm clearance
1000001813.jpg

Plates welded on:
1000001817.jpg

Next up I messed around with hydro ram mounting this sucked up a ton of time:
1000001821.jpg

Going to tilt the ram forward so the ports are forward.
1000001822.jpg

1000001823.jpg

Also made a mount for the steering res. The bottom will be another piece of angle iron.
1000001815.jpg

Steering shaft built:
1000001827.jpg

That's almost all the major fab done outside of shocks and bumps.

I need to order up a new drag link and I'm going to order up a new tie rod. The drivers side TRE is seized in both of them. I cut off the TRE on the drag link and welded the nut to it and hammered on it with the impact and no luck there. So I'll call budbilt tomorrow and have them build me one, they are like 10mins from my house so that is pretty convenient.

Flux core for life. I’m getting ready to get back to work on my pile of shot.

Top Back Refresh