What's new

1991 Snow Tracker Build

I don't think you'll want to capture both sides. At least not with hose clamps.

Plus, it's good for a laugh when you pull up to your group and someone goes. "is your coil spring gone?"....... Twice :laughing:
Been there done that. We’re hauling ass through a smoother section, I say to the old lady, “this thing is riding rough wonder what we broke.” Continued to mob.

We stop a ways down the trail. Takes my buddy a minute to show up. I say to him, “couldn’t hang huh?” He goes “no I was busy picking up shit that was Yahtzee-ing out of your junk” and holds up my rear spring.

Been there done that. We’re hauling ass through a smoother section, I say to the old lady, “this thing is riding rough wonder what we broke.” Continued to mob.

We stop a ways down the trail. Takes my buddy a minute to show up. I say to him, “couldn’t hang huh?” He goes “no I was busy picking up shit that was Yahtzee-ing out of your junk” and holds up my rear spring.
Do you have the top and bottom secured?

Well, I drug another parts vehicle home tonight.

32’s look awesome on these. Not so awesome when the body falls onto the frame, but awesome before. :flipoff2:

Engine and trans are headed to Wuz-A-Zuk. :smokin:

This has a brand new gas tank, nice p/s set up, and adds a 3rd spare front housing and 4th transfer case for spares, too.

D6299CB2-5D48-4547-956A-6A5093B42162.jpeg

Glad to see she made it out of the bush and to a new home without losing any parts on the way. Haha

Well, I drug another parts vehicle home tonight.

32’s look awesome on these. Not so awesome when the body falls onto the frame, but awesome before. :flipoff2:

Engine and trans are headed to Wuz-A-Zuk. :smokin:

This has a brand new gas tank, nice p/s set up, and adds a 3rd spare front housing and 4th transfer case for spares, too.

You're getting damn close to having to become an online suzuki junkyard :laughing:

This last one may have been my fault a bit as well. I dangled some fruit in front of him and he bit. Haha

You're getting damn close to having to become an online suzuki junkyard :laughing:

NO!

Ask Wuz how unlikely I am to give up parts. :laughing:

I’m pretty sure once I put 32’s under this it’s going to get beat. I’ll slap an antique plate on it and say fawk inspections and run dirt roads everywhere. :flipoff2:

Fawk it, I’m doing it. Going to order these soon in 32x10x15 for $179.88 each.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/tires-and-wheels/tusk-megabite®-radial-tire-p

I’ll cut and hammer as needed. :smokin:

These will be unstoppable around here.

D05EB4CE-AB8C-4143-853C-E840DBD650B0.jpeg
DA773BDF-FB6C-46AA-A3C8-AFC4F6D49CFA.jpeg

What’s the reasoning for the 2nd gen arms?

I had them side by side a few years ago, but of course can't find the Pic. It moved the tire forward, and out iirc it was ~2-3" and wider by 1".

I feel like the lower mounts could be slotted for adjustment similar to a Toyota or probably most any ifs rig to put the width back in, or like I said, swap to all 2nd gen stuff (longer cv's and 26 spline inners)

Youll want to keep the 1st gen diff and swap side gears over, the 2nd gens have a wierd air powered ring gear disconnect :laughing:

I take back what I said about 32’s. :laughing:

So I tested these out and then I measured. Size on the vehicle is 30.5”.

I’m assuming my SXS tires measure around 29.5 when the weight is on them. Whatever it is, these tires drastically improved my approach angle. Just that 1” was all I needed. So maybe just a true 31” tire would be fine…:homer:

Anyways. Pics…
EDA99309-64F6-4838-8E6F-8AA88E9E55DF.jpeg
7D29F078-747E-4C4B-9A01-9D475F4B7D1A.jpeg
0591690F-97CA-4077-AA0F-4FCC4E75702D.jpeg

I had them side by side a few years ago, but of course can't find the Pic. It moved the tire forward, and out iirc it was ~2-3" and wider by 1".

I feel like the lower mounts could be slotted for adjustment similar to a Toyota or probably most any ifs rig to put the width back in, or like I said, swap to all 2nd gen stuff (longer cv's and 26 spline inners)

Youll want to keep the 1st gen diff and swap side gears over, the 2nd gens have a wierd air powered ring gear disconnect :laughing:

The couple inch stretch would definitely be worth it. But I think getting camber and caster in a somewhat desirable range would be a little tricky.

I often catch myself day dreaming about some sort of front end upgrade to increase wheel travel and a better CV setup. I usually stop myself at tubular double A-arm an 8” travel ORI and a 930 CV. Realizing that it is a Geo Tracker. But man wouldn’t a mid travel Track be fun as hell.

I’m assuming my SXS tires measure around 29.5 when the weight is on them. Whatever it is, these tires drastically improved my approach angle. Just that 1” was all I needed. So maybe just a true 31” tire would be fine…:homer:

Anyways. Pics…

Those bfgs are terrible for being small.

Krx1000s use 31 carnivores, maybe you could get some take offs?

The couple inch stretch would definitely be worth it. But I think getting camber and caster in a somewhat desirable range would be a little tricky.

Thats why I was saying to slot the frame mounts. You could dial it in with some patience. He also has the gm struts iirc, so camber adjustment there. Extra castor with the lift would be a good thing.

I often catch myself day dreaming about some sort of front end upgrade to increase wheel travel and a better CV setup. I usually stop myself at tubular double A-arm an 8” travel ORI and a 930 CV. Realizing that it is a Geo Tracker. But man wouldn’t a mid travel Track be fun as hell.

I thought the same thing, I thought about looking for sxs take off shocks.

Once you get into it too far, the zuk ifs kinda sucks. I had a 3rd gen 4runner frame clip that I wanted to graft onto the zuk, the only issue was the diff was on the wrong side. But double a arm, coil over, with a pretty decent steering rack, huge cv's, ect would have been sweet.

Honestly, I’m running 2” spacers and 3.75” BS so the rub isn’t terrible.

A true 32 might really rub the floor board kickout…but I might just sledge it in where I need it.

After hitting things I couldn’t do before on those 30’s I need a bigger tire. I hate picking new tires. Those tires I linked above run 1/4” bigger than listed size. However the Tusk Terrabites that I have now tend to run 1/2” smaller when weight is put on them. So, guess I’ll stay with the same tire and just grab a 32”. I can run the 30’s on the red Tracker.

If you want a set of 2” wheels spacers I have a spare set. I don’t think I’m going to put them on the red 4 door Tracker.

Last edited:
I think I have 1.25” on mine. Puts the factory wheel just flush with a 235/75R15. I didn’t go too wide on the wheel spacers cause mine didn’t have power steering.

I think I have 1.25” on mine. Puts the factory wheel just flush with a 235/75R15. I didn’t go too wide on the wheel spacers cause mine didn’t have power steering.

I have a lot of spare p/s if you need that, too. :laughing:

Every parts Track/Kick I have has p/s.

It is a shame the EDSES doesnt really exist. It was pricey, but seemed to do everything most of us would want. Mix that with portals and it would be an awesome setup. Would also triple the cost of the zuk.

I have a lot of spare p/s if you need that, too. :laughing: Every parts Track/Kick I have has p/s.

I as a matter of fact just put the p/s setup my buddy gave me probably 6 months ago on last night. Amazing what a difference that makes. Pissed I didn’t do it sooner and it’s actually motivated me to maybe build a cage and some bumpers for the thing.

I as a matter of fact just put the p/s setup my buddy gave me probably 6 months ago on last night. Amazing what a difference that makes. Pissed I didn’t do it sooner and it’s actually motivated me to maybe build a cage and some bumpers for the thing.

Well, make sure you document it on here. Always fun seeing these things. Even if they’re rather simple. :smokin:

Well, make sure you document it on here. Always fun seeing these things. Even if they’re rather simple. :smokin:

I’ll probably forget, as I usually do. I do a ton of stuff at work that I say after the fact, “that would have made a great little tech thread” I usually am too worried about finishing the job to take pictures and document.

Honestly, I’m running 2” spacers and 3.75” BS so the rub isn’t terrible.

A true 32 might really rub the floor board kickout…but I might just sledge it in where I need it.

After hitting things I couldn’t do before on those 30’s I need a bigger tire. I hate picking new tires. Those tires I linked above run 1/4” bigger than listed size. However the Tusk Terrabites that I have now tend to run 1/2” smaller when weight is put on them. So, guess I’ll stay with the same tire and just grab a 32”. I can run the 30’s on the red Tracker.

If you want a set of 2” wheels spacers I have a spare set. I don’t think I’m going to put them on the red 4 door Tracker.

Less backspacing/more scrub makes rubbing worse on the fenders. The tire is swinging further back and forth. I'm certain the reason I get away with running big tires and low lift on my 4runner is because I run stock wheels. Everyone else runs wider wheels and/or spacers and claims you need 6" lift for 35s :homer:

Just go 32s. Seems like a lot of hassle for a barely different size.

Less backspacing/more scrub makes rubbing worse on the fenders. The tire is swinging further back and forth. I'm certain the reason I get away with running big tires and low lift on my 4runner is because I run stock wheels. Everyone else runs wider wheels and/or spacers and claims you need 6" lift for 35s :homer:

Just go 32s. Seems like a lot of hassle for a barely different size.

I know it causes more fender rub, but those are already hacked up. :flipoff2:

Pushing them out helps the floor board rub. It sticks out in a weird way. Also helps not rub the frame.

2 day project because of the VID. It’s hot as hell outside and the fever sweats have been wearing me down.

But, I got the second Aisin hub pulled off the new turd Tracker. So now I have a set of trail spares for the Snow Tracker. :smokin:

I honestly can’t believe these came off. Kroil is king.

1EB89020-D417-4D8A-84D7-6046557B803F.jpeg

So is anyone here a Zuki hub expert? I tore these down and cleaned them up. One of them had an extra spring…

Is that right? Doesn’t seem right.

Last edited:

Anyways. Pics…
EDA99309-64F6-4838-8E6F-8AA88E9E55DF.jpeg
7D29F078-747E-4C4B-9A01-9D475F4B7D1A.jpeg
0591690F-97CA-4077-AA0F-4FCC4E75702D.jpeg
There are 31x10.50/15 Blem Iroks on the Interco website. I just bought 4 for my XJ. $150 each plus shipping and they are a great east coast trail tire.

2 day project because of the VID. It’s hot as hell outside and the fever sweats have been wearing me down.

But, I got the second Aisin hub pulled off the new turd Tracker. So now I have a set of trail spares for the Snow Tracker. :smokin:

I honestly can’t believe these came off. Kroil is king.

1EB89020-D417-4D8A-84D7-6046557B803F.jpeg

So is anyone here a Zuki hub expert? I tore these down and cleaned them up. One of them had an extra spring…

Is that right? Doesn’t seem right.

First of all, if you have covid, just rest up and get it over with :homer::flipoff2:

As far as the spring, they should obviously have the same springs on both sides. Post pics of what you got.

Reactions: DMG
What’s the weight on them?
I don’t know. They are on the wheels on the XJ already so I can’t weigh them accurately. They were way heavier than the 30x9.50 Generals they replaced. They aren’t light.

Top Back Refresh