What's new

1986 Chevrolet sm465 transmission with 10 spline adapter and figure 8 np205 transfer case done as long last

Ohhh my

You can fuck off.

Biggest thing this build needs is for you to lighten the fawk up. You'll never get off the short bus with these rebuttals...

Nope this description is spot on the 4x4 T400 (with its adapter) and the SM 465 with the shortened main shaft and the modified (for np205 from m1031 cucv) and the 10 spline sm465 / np205 adapter and its hot swappable.

Im using the factory Muncie PTO with the carrier bearing and shaft that the stock M1031 used to power a 12kw generator in the bed.

The trucks that these are going into have the SM 465 but I built it this way so if I wanted to could swap back in the T400 that originally came in this 1986 M1031 CUCV, the 1984 didn't use the correct cab mount crossmember to mount the carrier bearing setup.

More pics asap, its currently at the builders cabin up in Magalia (BurnDownTown north)
Wouldn't it have been cheaper to have 2 NP205s, one for your TH400 and one for your SM465 and just fab a new carrier bearing crossmember?

Also an SM465 with a military 6.2 just sounds terrible.

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to have 2 NP205s, one for your TH400 and one for your SM465 and just fab a new carrier bearing crossmember?

According to GM it takes 48 horsepower to turn a TH400. Not sure what a 465 eats. Probably a good 20 horsepower less.

According to GM it takes 48 horsepower to turn a TH400. Not sure what a 465 eats. Probably a good 20 horsepower less.
More to do with the wide gear spacing and the granny than the power it sucks.

No, already have the crossmember and have the NP205's.

Got one of the NP205 new in box from ironplanet.com for 250.00 a few years ago.

The T400 came with it in same condition.

Yes the unmodified 6.2L diesel sucked.

Throttle control is electronic, dont want electronic crap on my squares.
There are lots of non electronic throttle controls out there that were used successfully for decades before electronic controls were a thing.
CCC_Map_750x553.png

What generator?

The setup originally powered a generator but I dont have one at this time to power.

A water pump is my immediate need for this setup.

What in the fuck is the generator going to be producing? :shaking:

Last edited:
Yeah the generator that is running everything electrical after the EMP hits. Same gen that is using some type of electronic governor to maintain speed.

Dude this is getting real special real fast...I'm not fucking off anytime soon bruh.

Full disclosure, I have an M1031 with a fully functional PTO gen too so this hits so close to home 🤣

Laters skinny ya just made my ignore list

Aint nobody got time for your BS, my thread Ill post how I like ya don like it tough shit.

Last edited:
Lunch from where M/F ?

Good food is a critical part of my infrastructure.

I still need a 1986 manual steering column keep your $300.00 Somalians.

i would pay $300 and a lunch to watch you get on a horse

Last edited:
I gave you one. You just refused to put any effort into putting it in mean while claiming "not stock" for a truck that is "all stock but not stock".

It was not just the fact that the gear box end didn't have the correct attachment spline v double D the wiring had to be fucked with, I wanted and still want a direct bolt in/ turn-key install.

Im not bugged by it it just didnt mesh with my requirements.

This is for you Newb.

total newb

Last edited:
Yes I had a few shafts custom made, they arent the same as the same as the ORD/ AA short main shafts.

Is that those 4 inch stick out shafts, kinna lame as ORD does not give nor know specs on that shaft, Ive called and asked, hard to figure how to know if it will work in ones application without knowing the dimentions of the shaft.

Never said it was rocket science.

Or maybe you can link me to the specs ?

So you had a shaft made?

I have like 4 of these on the shelf:

465 to 32 spline NP205 isn't rocket science?

Last edited:
Lunch from where M/F ?

Good food is a critical part of my infrastructure.

I still need a 1986 manual steering column keep your $300.00 Somalians.
I work m/fs.

Idk wheren you tell me, i cant go to your place and you wont come to mine.

Laters skinny ya just made my ignore list

Aint nobody got time for your BS, my thread Ill post how I like ya don like it tough shit.
I don't even know what an ignore list is 🤣

Don't be so butt hurt from some flack on a fourwheeling forum. No one killed your dog...

It was not just the fact that the gear box end didn't have the correct attachment spline v double D the wiring had to be fucked with, I wanted and still want a direct bolt in/ turn-key install.

Im not bugged by it it just didnt mesh with my requirements.

This is for you Newb.

my fucking brains.
This entire project, making custom shafts, custom input retainers, $1000 bellhousings, 3rd hand picking shit up, and you cant be bothered with a $70 over the counter part.

Bitch i am racist.
FB_IMG_1701074326370.jpg

Last edited:
So whats different beyond the aluminum top cover in the later sm465's.....?

Something in the transmission is different beyond the top cover material or the parts suppliers wouldn't build different bearing and syncro, gasket kits.

If you cant answer the question why respond ?

Top Back Refresh