What's new

1981 Pickup Build - Old Yeller

were you able to get a 35 spline ford nine inch, i only dove down this rabbit hole atiny bit and lost intrest when everything i found was 31 max spline. but i know they got to make more but i never saw

were you able to get a 35 spline ford nine inch, i only dove down this rabbit hole atiny bit and lost intrest when everything i found was 31 max spline. but i know they got to make more but i never saw
Yeah I found a 35 spline center section on jeggs

As well as a 35 spline spool

Have you checked out quickperformance? I recently bought 2 strange thirds with 35 spline grizzly lockers and 7.33 gears. Timkin everything and buying it assembled was cheaper than piecing it together. Came with a nice pattern and ready to bolt in.

Have you checked out quickperformance? I recently bought 2 strange thirds with 35 spline grizzly lockers and 7.33 gears. Timkin everything and buying it assembled was cheaper than piecing it together. Came with a nice pattern and ready to bolt in.

Good prices there for sure.

I've said it before, if I wasn't so deep into Toyota 9.5 I would just start out from scratch with aftermarket 9" parts. The availability and gear ratios can't be beat.

I have not checked them out yet, that looks like not a bad deal at all I may have to just go that direction. Only benefit I see of building my own was using a toyota flange to use toyota driveshafts, but that's not a big issue to use a different one

ohhh man i sourced some weld on yokes, and built my own shaft, its toyota on one side and 1410 on the other, is is stupid slick.. i will see if i can find the parts i used.

since the toyota end was so much smaller we turned down another piece of medal and made a adapter basically and then welded it out work amazing i got weld in yokes online for not too bad the 1410 was less than 30 bucks and same for the Toyota also. then some thick dom scrap from local metal yard.

1650658706402.png

1650658604531.png

1650658553307.png

Where were you looking?

35, 37 and 40 are pretty damn common the 9" stuff.

i damn near had a dana 70, but then i started pricing gears and spools for the 70 compared to the 60 and went with a 60, and thats when i fucked up...... 60 only has 30 spline axles, need to bore to get 35 spines to fit, now that was a royal pain in the ass, would have been money and time ahead just getting the 70 and been happy. but oh well. lol:beer:

i damn near had a dana 70, but then i started pricing gears and spools for the 70 compared to the 60 and went with a 60, and thats when i fucked up...... 60 only has 30 spline axles, need to bore to get 35 spines to fit, now that was a royal pain in the ass, would have been money and time ahead just getting the 70 and been happy. but oh well. lol:beer:
Yeah the price point for both were not attractive at all, especially coming from the Toyota world pricing lol :lmao:

I just read through your whole build thread. This picture that you posted really jumped out of the screen at me. Just a super cool shot. One of those pictures that you can feel.

1651696149379.png

That is an awesome wheeling rig that you have built.

Glad you were swayed to the stupid deep gear world :flipoff2:

What's the atlas box for? :laughing:
Lol looking forward to seeing how stupid deep gears do :smokin:

Advance Adapter box is a toyota transfercase housing, I managed to fuck up a stock one drilling for a helicoil :homer:

Damnit I knew I saw you drive past my camp at loon :laughing:

I sounded like a crazy person when I randomly said "oh that looks like gronk"

Sweet Rubicon pics. Hard to beat this time of year up there. How busy was the trail? It seems like less people are getting out this year.

Damnit I knew I saw you drive past my camp at loon :laughing:

I sounded like a crazy person when I randomly said "oh that looks like gronk"
Haha yep that was me! If it was when I was driving the crawler on the road we were coming back from wentworth springs camping area, went down the wrong trail the last day that took us the long way down to loon via wentworth lol

Sweet Rubicon pics. Hard to beat this time of year up there. How busy was the trail? It seems like less people are getting out this year.
We went up there on Wednesday to beat the crowd and almost nobody was there! I think I only saw two camps at buck, towards the weekend more and more people showed up and it got a bit crowded, although I think last year was more packed than this year

Getting ready for our annual Johnson Valley Boys trip, put a sub in the truck cause why not, added a rear push bar/tailgate support/ice chest holder cause we tend to play bumper cars with our rigs on the night rides and im done with straightening out my tail gate after every trip lol:beer:

Snapchat-1415722580.jpg
20221224_105223.jpg
20221224_105226.jpg
20221224_105235.jpg
20221224_113727.jpg
20221224_113735.jpg
20221224_113738.jpg

Till someone hits you pretty good and that ice chest becomes permanently mounted :flipoff2:

Fwiw, you know those little notches where your lock thing is hanging are to tie it down without going over the lid? I hate having a strap over the lid. Ait nobotty got tym fo dat :flipoff2:

Till someone hits you pretty good and that ice chest becomes permanently mounted :flipoff2:

Fwiw, you know those little notches where your lock thing is hanging are to tie it down without going over the lid? I hate having a strap over the lid. Ait nobotty got tym fo dat :flipoff2:
A permanent ice chest sounds like a win-win for me :flipoff2:

A strap over the lid makes my beer the harder target for beer poaching buddies on the trail :smokin:

Top Back Refresh