What's new

1981 Pickup Build - Old Yeller

Retired my 4 year old crown royal bag 4 wheel shifter boots with an unnecessarily fancy plate of aluminum

20221224_174310.jpg

Yes, I had plenty of free time today :flipoff2:

Retired my 4 year old crown royal bag 4 wheel shifter boots with an unnecessarily fancy plate of aluminum

20221224_174310.jpg

Yes, I had plenty of free time today :flipoff2:

You get any heat through those holes?

The heat in my 81 is almost unbearable. Especially before I sealed up some gaps in the console.

I think I need to do something different with the muffler, but either way. Hot air blowing on you while it's 90* outside isn't very fun.

You get any heat through those holes?

The heat in my 81 is almost unbearable. Especially before I sealed up some gaps in the console.

I think I need to do something different with the muffler, but either way. Hot air blowing on you while it's 90* outside isn't very fun.
I get some heat but really not that bad, I have no windshield, doors, or rear window so that helps keep the air flowing lol. It's nice on those cold desert nights though

Just getting around to posting our New Years boys trip, fixing everything I broke on that trip for KOH right now :homer:
Both front leafs are toast, blew my 4.7s up, snapped a diff stud on the front and rear axle housings, both rear shocks came apart, and a few other things. It was a solid trip, wish the truck stayed together one more night to hit some extra trails but way she goes

Wet as hell in Tehachapi
20230105_085709.jpg

20230105_133133.jpg

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::flipoff2:

Classic Turkey claw run
20230106_122621.jpg

20230106_122623.jpg

20230106_130956.jpg

Claw Hammer
20230106_154728.jpg

20230106_155237.jpg

20230106_155528.jpg

20230106_155605.jpg

That white truck seemed to do pretty good . Also the mortar into camp, classic :lmao:

Gotta get those 7.17s in:laughing:

Who's got the white 3rd gen Toyota? Looks like the one that was posted on fb with some pics of my rig. Had 2 buddies text me screen shots like "u famous" :laughing:
I doubt it was my truck. I only take it out once a year

Yeah that's was me:homer:. I like the idea of cutting the roof off and just caging it. I need to build my truck into a 4seater cause my pull out game sucks.

I figured it was here. I didn't think much of it, but seemed like my 2 co workers were all surprised :laughing:

I know what you mean, I have 3:flipoff2:

It's working great for us, got a sealed roof on it recently even. If you have any questions, let me know. :usa:

Saw you posted some parts up, did you give up on the 1 tons? Or just different rear end?
I'm going a whole different direction now, keeping the Toyota how it is and building something else with the parts I have been gathering. The old girl kicks ass how she is and is a blast to fuck around in, I don't want to completely change it and have it end up being not how its been if that makes sense.

I'm going a whole different direction now, keeping the Toyota how it is and building something else with the parts I have been gathering. The old girl kicks ass how she is and is a blast to fuck around in, I don't want to completely change it and have it end up being not how its been if that makes sense.

Good deal.

The all toyota drivetrain works very well on a rig like yours, stripped down single cab and not too huge of tires. :grinpimp:

So happy to see you aren't ruining the Toyota with a V8 and tons!!!:smokin:

its a concern for sure, some of the pre bent ones it would be a moter fucker for sure to try and fit. maybe start with something like goat built or rock lizard sub frame and go from there.

ideas

Top Back Refresh