What's new

Work tomorrow?

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
Anyone here work tomorrow?

I get if you are law enforcement, medical or firefighter. Otherwise, shut the fucking doors and let people be with their family.

Then there is the "well, we can do a half day" :rolleyes: it's only a few days a year, I don't see why people can just let it go.

Quit being a sis and go to work:flipoff2:
We're working tomorrow, but it was my guy's choice. They'd rather have the pay then the day off, especially this year:rolleyes:

Yup got our project done today and sent the boys home till Monday. Got done early enough to get the scrap we picked taken in and there was enough to give each one a hundred one there way out.

Work tomorrow? I haven't been at work since Monday :flipoff2:

As long as nothing happens I don't have work until Monday.

Yep half day here, apparently someone thinks the clinic is going to be super busy tomorrow so we are fully open to noon and urgent care is open till 3:30. Oh and we are supposed to be better then the Feds (tribal) so another reason we will be open? :shaking:

Quit being a sis and go to work:flipoff2:
We're working tomorrow, but it was my guy's choice. They'd rather have the pay then the day off, especially this year:rolleyes:

That's the thing, a lot of guys will never turn the pay down. All of those probably need a day off more than anyone.

I worked about 210 hours the last 2 weeks, so I don't wanna hear about not working :flipoff2:
​​​

Yup got our project done today and sent the boys home till Monday. Got done early enough to get the scrap we picked taken in and there was enough to give each one a hundred one there way out.

Awesome, that little stuff goes a long way. :usa:

Yes. I'm sure the grocery stores, hotels, gas stations, delivery drivers, auto parts stores, home improvement stores, and restaurants would LOVE to closed. Unfortunately people would be butt hurt and complaining about how those are essential businesses and need to stay open.

Anyone here work tomorrow?

I get if you are law enforcement, medical or firefighter. Otherwise, shut the fucking doors and let people be with their family.

Then there is the "well, we can do a half day" :rolleyes: it's only a few days a year, I don't see why people can just let it go.

Same trade as you. I told my guys we won't work Christmas eve, that's time for family to gather. None objected.

I’m off tomorrow but that’s luck of the draw. We’ve got people working because oilfield runs every day year round. Got a skeleton crew on for Christmas Day

I am working tomorrow all day. But i am self employed and have a hobby shop. Lots of people have left things to the last minute and still want to spend money. Also as of boxing day Ontario Canada locks down and i can only ship or do curbside pickup.

I’m 31, not married, no kids, why not work? Nothing else to do. I didn’t require anyone to come in, only the ones that wanted to.

Drink some beers, check out the Xmas titties, call your family and friends to say merry Christmas.

Why not just work Christmas too? Saturdays, sundays?

Fwiw, I worked a "half day" last year. Was pissed off from the git go. What dumb is we were doing line clearing in a neighborhood (right where screwy lived actually) so people were coming out giving us the stink eye for back up beeper, chain saws and skidsteers at 7am on Xmas eve. We finally went back to the yard around noon and figured they'd send us off. They then announced that everyone needs to unload everything out of their truck and fill out an inventory sheet :mad3:​​​​​​

That was the last day I worked for that company since they restructured after the first of the year. I swore I'd never work another Xmas eve and I plan on sticking to it.

I work every day cause the animals gotta eat. I'm actually more annoyed by all the fucking holidays that are celebrated with time off anymore. Seems like there's about one per week that people think they need to take off. :rolleyes: Oh it's Columbus day so better take the day off... It's Christmas Eve Eve, better get paid time off... Fucking ridiculous.

I'll be working from home and have shit to get done unfortunately. Used to be we'd get sent home early but the 'rona fucked that up. .gov though so :flipoff2:

Not unless I get a callout. I am planning on servicing the air compressor on my truck though so yes I'm working.

When I was in grocery retail I worked every Christmas Eve. I always enjoyed the hustle of the last minute shoppers. We closed at 6pm so I always made it home for our traditional Christmas Eve activities, and by volunteering for it I got to take off Thanksgiving.

Duane

I work every day cause the animals gotta eat. I'm actually more annoyed by all the fucking holidays that are celebrated with time off anymore. Seems like there's about one per week that people think they need to take off. :rolleyes: Oh it's Columbus day so better take the day off... It's Christmas Eve Eve, better get paid time off... Fucking ridiculous.

My MIL works for the local town hall. My wife will still ask if I have xxxx holiday off. :laughing: I'm like, nope, I get like 7 days a year off, or they gotta pay double time. I don't get earth day and Columbus day off paid.

I've worked mostly seasonal for 6 years, before that it was just busier in the summer and fall. My thing is that I work long hours for time off this time of year. I don't want to work 50-60 hours a week all year.

Work to live not live to work and all.

Boss lets us off 3 hrs early (work 7 instead of 10) tomorrow

I sent my crew home early today and they'll be off until Jan 4th. We always take this time to overhaul some of our critical machines

Yep.

I requested time off from christmas to new years though. Going to NC with my dad.

My boss is usually a workaholic and never takes a vacation, but he told me he was going to take the week off too. Doubt he will make it the whole week.

I need to lobby congress to make all the leeches work next year from march to christmas, so i can catch up on all the vacation time i missed out on. Traveling without any crowds and burning down starbucks. Who's with me?:stirthepot::flipoff2:

what's tomorrow? other than the day after today. Yes working. and likely the next day.

what's tomorrow? other than the day after today. Yes working. and likely the next day.

Yeah, I don't get it either. The holiday is today

Unknown.jpeg

I literally dig gold out of the fuckin ground. I`ll be working tomorrow.

Luckily though, I`m mon-thurs so I get the holidays off this year.

Top Back Refresh