What's new

Work tomorrow?

Because time is the only real currency and some people like spending them with family. :homer:
I understand spending time with family, I dont understand needing a special day for it. I prefer surprise visits with less people, seems more special and personal.

To dick swing, got my final paycheck of the year today. Best year ever, paid 42k in state and fed taxes and will owe more cause of the house we sold:homer:

You paid more in taxes than I earned before taxes. I r a poor

Self-employed and standing in front of the VMC all day watching chips hit the window and trying to talk to customers on the cordless at the same time. Then the air compressor will start. If these $2000 checks happen I am going to be buried in work in January, which is a good thing.

I understand spending time with family, I dont understand needing a special day for it. I prefer surprise visits with less people, seems more special and personal.

Meh, extended family doesn't usually get together more than once or twice a year. Mine gets together once during the summer for a big reunion and once the Saturday after Christmas. Otherwise we never see each other.

Best year ever, paid 42k in state and fed taxes and will owe more cause of the house we sold:homer:

heh
I've decided that I don't need to make all that much money to do what I want. As such I'm going to try and stay in the bottom tax bracket.

For the first time in almost 15 years xmas eve and new years eve are paid holidays. Yet another upside of the .gov selling us off to the private sector.

Hopefully you are not dead on the inside like me. :( I consider going back to being money poor and life rich all the damn time.

I cant afford to be life rich. Try to stick away what I can and not piss it away on stupid shit. Projects that take forever due to a lack of funding, no energy, or something unexpected comes up.

work, sleep, wait for death :homer:

[486 said:
;n244130]

heh
I've decided that I don't need to make all that much money to do what I want. As such I'm going to try and stay in the bottom tax bracket.

I envy you for more than this thread. Your prison pocket endeavours excluded from that list.

Yep. Pools ain't cleaning themselves

This is the very reason I dont like swimming...

It was my job to clean our doughboy pool growing up an I hated it especially in the winter. I didn't clean it for like a month one year because I was busy with other work. The skimmer filled with mulberry leaves and it collapsed, I was so happy for it to be gone.

holidays are overrated bullshit and you can spend time with your family every weekend of the year, i will be working tomorrow because i feel like it :laughing:

tomorrow isnt even fucking christmas jesus christ, you need christmas off from work so now you need "christmas eve" off too :laughing::flipoff2:

i work every day. never a day off...

tomorrow, i'll be working to load the camper for new years in Glamis... its a work trip, got meet up with a good customer and remind him i'm faster. i cant afford these awesome trips, thankfully work treats me good. one of the managing partners (wife) decided the other write offs are limited to the 18hr drive summer biz meetings. they tend to shit their pants too much. so car seats are out and big bidness it is for the next week or two. been ruff being self employed, i've never been so happy to work so hard for such little profit. but the biz seems to be doing good :flipoff2:

merry Christmas everyone!

Nope. Paid time off from the 24th to 4th. I booked off an extra week before and after with paid vacation. I hadn't taken a single day off this year, gotta start 2021 right. :smokin:

Anyone here work tomorrow?

I get if you are law enforcement, medical or firefighter. Otherwise, shut the fucking doors and let people be with their family.

Then there is the "well, we can do a half day" :rolleyes: it's only a few days a year, I don't see why people can just let it go.

bitter, party of one?

Yup, but hopefully only for 4 or 5 hours. Not the usual 12 to 15 that this year has been.

Think I’ve officially passed a year without using a vacation day, our company only lets so many accrue and then no more are earned, no cash out either.

Vacation for me, yesterday till the 1st. We have a small crew there just to take care of emergencies.

Drink some beers, check out the Xmas titties, call your family and friends to say merry Christmas.

Why not just work Christmas too? Saturdays, sundays?

I do work technically every day typically. But the weekends are for me to work on stuff I don’t want to pay people to work on. Right now I am rebuilding a shed that someone let start to fall to pieces.

I drink more beer than I should, hit the gym 4-5 days a week, and play in softball tournaments as of lately. I live life, but I just want to build my life to where I can be comfortable later on where that beer and chilling will mean way more. Right now I love what I do and make good money (although most goes back Into student loans. )

I’m all for taking off, but not to just sit at home doing nothing.

Yup. My next night off will be Saturday. We just found out that in our new contract, we only get 4 extra hours for working Christmas Eve. Last contract it was 8. I guess that’s what happens when we get lumped in with secretaries and admin clerks and they don’t work holidays.

Technically started this job on Nov 18th. Will do 12hr shifts, 7 days a week till the end of March. No holidays for me. But I always order so many parts while at work, coming home is like gearhead Christmas.

That's the thing, a lot of guys will never turn the pay down. All of those probably need a day off more than anyone.

I worked about 210 hours the last 2 weeks, so I don't wanna hear about not working :flipoff2:
​​​

Awesome, that little stuff goes a long way. :usa:

You might not understand deadlines and the next job starting.
These guys are in the thinking that they had plenty of time off on the spring, we have tons of work coming, and need to finish this one before we can start the next one. Losing another day just pushes back the schedule even more. The gc wants to drywall so they can start heating the place, but can't do shit until our attic system is compete and tested/ inspected. Taking days off, especially when these 2 weeks are extra short considering the holiday is on a Friday, isn't really an option. Even if my guys didn't want to go, i would. Sometimes responsibility overrides personal satisfaction.

And btw 200 hours is lightweight... that's my average week son:flipoff2:

My field guys don’t get paid time off so I leave it up to them if they want to work or not. Most of them are working a half day. My office assistant took the day off to burn up some PTO before the end of the year, my other two office guys are going to clean up a few things this morning and then call it a day. I’m going to the office for awhile, mostly because of some deliveries we are expecting. I’m planning on closing up and heading home by 1:00.

Working 4 hours at one place then 5 at another. Should call it a day by 230 PM hopefully with tomorrow off. Not a deal breaker since I need to get covid tested today anyway and we aren’t getting together at my parents until this evening. I do have a few hours to make up Saturday then I’ll be off until the 4th at my full time place. Planning to help at my other job Monday-Wednesday. So I should have a solid 4 days off to refresh then kick 2021 into high gear. :grinpimp:

and merry Christmas to y’all fAwkers! :flipoff2:

Paid vacation time for me today and tomorrow. Same for next week thurs-fri. Visit the family, projects around the house, gifts, beers, long weekends and good food. I love Christmas. :usa:

Tomorrow is now and I'm at work. Had to cut some plywood up, Merry Christmas...

20201224_051332.jpg

Top Back Refresh