What's new

Win!

Screenshot_20221222_195433_Maps.jpg

There's pulling classes where you have to wheelie and then feather the clutch down in order to move the sled.

But I can see how they wouldn't be popular in parts of the world where nobody can relate to getting it done without taking out a loan on overkill equipment. :flipoff2:

15:15 is a good illustration of just how much weight an old MDT can skid if you've got the load transferring weight to the rear.

That’s a “dead sled” or dead weight sled. They do them in the Midwest, quite often on pavement and usually with older tractors. They will carry thousands of pounds of weight to try to get traction.

It’s a complete different animal from the mechanical sled pulls.

speaking of sleds. Watched this the other day. Learned a lot about how they work. pretty cool.

Deceivingly complex and high tech redneckery.

I’ve spent a fair amount of time at truck and tractor pulls and used to help a friend in the pits. There’s a lot more to it than most people think. He used to run a 1466 farm stock when I went to pulls with him. “Farm stock” was supposed to mean just done doing chores and came to the pull. All of them had pump work done and many had aftermarket turbos that they tried to disguise as stock. He got disqualified at a pull because it ran late and he pulled after dark. They DQ’d him for having about a 12” flame coming out of the stack. :laughing:

He runs a hot farm now like the rigs in the video. Takes about a case of ether to start it. :laughing:

Interesting discussion between two people I follow, an anarchist and a libertarian.

Top Back Refresh