What's new

Win!

ezgif-1-45e26918b3.gif

Dunno whereTF else to put this so F it.

Solidworks for $99/yr. If you are an EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association: $49/yr) member, you can get it for $50/yr.

It's still a great offer, but it used to be free with EAA membership. I maintain EAA membership because it counts for Professional Development Hours, but glad that others not in EAA get essentially the same deal.

The fail I really hate is how all software is becoming subscription based. The forced upgrades were bad enough. We have some boxes that we CAN'T upgrade because they are running legacy software that isn't forward compatible. "Man, I hope that drive still has about another bazillion cycles left on it!"

Last edited:
It's still a great offer, but it used to be free with EAA membership. I maintain EAA membership because it counts for Professional Development Hours, but glad that others not in EAA get essentially the same deal.

The fail I really hate is how all software is becoming subscription based. The forced upgrades were bad enough. We have some boxes that we CAN'T upgrade because they are running legacy software that isn't forward compatible. "Man, I hope that drive still has about another bazillion cycles left on it!"
you should be migrating those old installs into virtual machines so they're hardware agnostic and stable for the future.

you should be migrating those old installs into virtual machines so they're hardware agnostic and stable for the future.
Yeah. VMware basically fixed the hardware reliability issue

Security patches on the other hand....

Yeah. VMware basically fixed the hardware reliability issue

Security patches on the other hand....
true, you gotta heavily restrict what the guest OS can do and talk to.

it's not perfect, but it's better than hopes and prayers that your legacy equipment keeps running.

re: wire brush ^

May 2016 I had just finished a new product design and we were getting packaging samples in. PM was worried that the product was going to get scratched up in shipping and asked if i could figure out a way to test that out. 20 minutes later I took this video on the back dock. He was happy. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh