What's new

Win!

I'm glad that he's doing ok. Did something break on the plow or was it not installed properly?

I'm no expert on plows but I was told that is some sort of fail safe on top (springs?) to save it if it's run into something. I also noticed it doesn't look like any plow truck I've seen before on that stretch of highway, looks smaller overall so maybe a case of not the right tool for the job.

Driving to fast, its a full trip blade so if it trips when your motivating along it will push you in to the other lane.

watch again, folded over too slowly, i say he lost a pin

Yup, they have a shear pin in a bar that holds the blade vertical, when you break that it flops over. We used to do that all the time at the airport I used to work at. Snow plows are one of the worst vehicles I have driven in the snow LOL

FB_IMG_1607396729258.jpg

I'm glad that he's doing ok. Did something break on the plow or was it not installed properly?

Like others have said, he caught the edge and snapped a shear bolt. I remember standing at the lathe making hundreds of those shear bolts when I worked for the state highway department.

Huh, that's one way to do it:smokin:

Attachments

• 127944984_145269883601213_6238852234808716703_n.mp4
    305.3 KB · Views: 40
that's really interesting, wonder if that's how they form those giant spherical propane tanks you see at refineries
probably not

This is super bad ass. One really cool way to explore.

That's really cool :smokin:

I'd want working brakes though for any downhill slopes.

And the motor seems pretty noisy. Maybe you'd get use to it after a few minutes but it would probably drive me nuts. An electrically-powered cart like that would be tits. You're out there trying to enjoy the outdoors and the sounds that come with it afterall.

Top Back Refresh