What's new

Win!

I blame this nonsense on Happy Gilmore. That and the asshole that races to be the first to yell "Get in the hole!", yeah right it's a par 5 and that was the tee shot.
Happy Gilmore may have exacerbated the party atmosphere of the 16th hole at Scottsdale, but it was known as the "party hole" before that movie came out.

FB_IMG_1646693782370.jpg

I wish I had a couple of guys that could fab with cardboard templates and a flux core welder! Fuckers can spend ALL day finger fucking the dog and it's still out of square and ugly.

The system that Bosch made is better IMO, doesn't ruin the blade and the cartridges can be used twice, unfortunately it apparently has been judged to infringe on the saw stop patents and therefore cannot be imported.

Aaron Z

Expensive nanny technology, but still very cool.

I have 2 of these at my shop. They work great. Saved a finger already. Unfortunately if the moisture content in the lumber is too high they go off.

Expensive nanny technology, but still very cool.

True, but if you look at the cost comparison to other quality cabinet saws, the difference is negligible. If you are going to spend that much on a high end saw (or if I was) why not buy the Sawstop vs another brand?

Nothing beats the safety equipment in your head. The problem is inexperience, or even tons of experience with a nonchalant attitude, can cause an accident in 1/1000 of a second.

If I had the room for a permanently set up saw, it'd be a Sawstop. And I treat my table saw like it is actively trying to kill me every time I turn it on.

I have the portable Sawstop with Rousseau table setup.
Saw works great and the Rousseau table gives me a 50” crosscut and I can still easily transport it from jobsite to jobsite by myself.
For those that don't know about the Rousseau table it allows most portable table saws to drop right in and expands the working surface to that of a shop saw.
I’ve had it for 4-5 years now and never fired the cartridge yet. I work on somewhat secluded jobsites by myself a lot and having the Sawstop makes me feel a little better.
Todays setup
0E03893F-66E4-465F-8D06-BC8D3CB55E31.jpeg

Ron Swanson is a caricature of libertarians (well, we do that to ourselves :flipoff2:), but I appreciate how they still made him relatable and didn't distort libertarianism too much. That wouldn't happen today.

I have the portable Sawstop with Rousseau table setup.
Saw works great and the Rousseau table gives me a 50” crosscut and I can still easily transport it from jobsite to jobsite by myself.
For those that don't know about the Rousseau table it allows most portable table saws to drop right in and expands the working surface to that of a shop saw.
I’ve had it for 4-5 years now and never fired the cartridge yet. I work on somewhat secluded jobsites by myself a lot and having the Sawstop makes me feel a little better.
Todays setup
0E03893F-66E4-465F-8D06-BC8D3CB55E31.jpeg
Take it from someone who wishes they had the saw stop 30 years ago, I tried (damn near succeeded) to turn my right index finger in to two pieces lengthwise :eek:
That was back when we had jagged old ripping blades instead of nice sharp carbide.
Worth every penny to replace one of those over a finger!

Take it from someone who wishes they had the saw stop 30 years ago, I tried (damn near succeeded) to turn my right index finger in to two pieces lengthwise :eek:
That was back when we had jagged old ripping blades instead of nice sharp carbide.
ouch
if it looked like the guy that I worked with that got his finger with the lawn mower....makes my ass pucker

I worked with three guys over the years that challenged a table saw blade and lost. The last guy did almost exactly what you attempted, split his middle finger lengthwise. That was enough for me.

I don't care about college basketball, but I happened to be at the bar tonight when this happened and it was kinda funny to watch. Surprised they don't have something nearby for when/if this happens.

I don't care about college basketball, but I happened to be at the bar tonight when this happened and it was kinda funny to watch. Surprised they don't have something nearby for when/if this happens.

i'm surprised at the masks, not that a group of sport ballers cant figure it out.

we had season tickets to the sonics growing up, i remember being at the record setting db loudness of game 7 sonics vs jazz. there was a couple times stupid crap happend my old man would go unhinged, we only got kicked out once:lmao:

the Key err.. 'climate change' arena i haven't been to since. it was fun back then i cant make myself to take my kids to those places.

seems staged, of a sort, if i remember right they can tip the back board down no problem. they get moved in and out for the different events

Bloomington is a liberal haven of corona fear and tyranny.
And a shithole.

Thats pretty much true for every college town in this state, though :homer:.

Franklin is alright.
Ah! A fellow Hoosier. And I agree.

Top Back Refresh