What's new

Win!

Wrong thread. :flipoff2:

Screenshot_20240816-185022_Firefox.jpg

I guess this is a win for the kid but I'm really struggling to see the fathers point of view. Here is part of the whole thread. It was in the guardian but I can't find the original.

I’m a 59-year-old progressive and a special education teacher, and I’m voting for Kamala Harris in November. Nick* is 21, and he would say that he holds traditional, conservative values – but he’s conflating those values with radical Maga ideas, which correlate the right with patriotism, manhood, intelligence, independence and honesty. I understand where my son’s vulnerabilities came from, and why this rightwing posturing was able to seep into him. I understand it, but I still regret it.

How is this not what you want for a child? The only thing I can guess is the parents are so set in their liberal ways that nothing else can be accepted.
Glad for the kid, Sad for the parents.

I guess this is a win for the kid but I'm really struggling to see the fathers point of view. Here is part of the whole thread. It was in the guardian but I can't find the original.

How is this not what you want for a child? The only thing I can guess is the parents are so set in their liberal ways that nothing else can be accepted.
Glad for the kid, Sad for the parents.

Beta gonna beta.

Top Back Refresh