What's new

Will Covid ever actually end?

The virus won’t ever go away, that’s what viruses do. The reaction is too profitable for too many people to go away, so it will be around for quite a while. Nobody is ever flying commercial again without a mask.

Same prediction I laid out last year

The virus won’t ever go away, that’s what viruses do. The reaction is too profitable for too many people to go away, so it will be around for quite a while. Nobody is ever flying commercial again without a mask.

Same prediction I laid out last year
at least the mask will kill the stench of people having to take off their shoes.... We still have to take off shoes at the airport security, right?

I'm flying to visit my Mother this Christmas, I don't like flying to begin with, certainly not looking forward to having to wear a mask that whole time. I haven't flown for a quite a while... I'm sure it will be lovely.... :homer:

So.... are there any masks made in the USA? or does it all come from the same place the virus came from?

Masks will never leave the airports/flights. They are here for good. Just like TSA.
My mother is a pilot and she said once the cockpit door is closed, the pilots take their masks off. She has not encountered one pilot that wanted to keep them on, not one.

Last month she was a passenger on a flight on her airline from IAH to SFO and she was trying to sleep and the flight attendant woke her up twice to tell her to put her mask back on, it was falling off her nose while she was sleeping. The flight attendant told her it was her final notice and next time she would be fined and not allowed back on the airline. WTF? She's been with that airline for over 20 years and this is some next level commie shit.
Alaska? On our flight from Seattle to Salt lake there was one stewardess that was being a count about it, Delta to Boston no one gave a shit both ways and same on the flight back from SLC to Seattle. I had my mask on for takeoff and landing on those flights and just kept ordering beers. :flipoff2:

I flew a couple months back and nobody cares except for this ONE flight. I knew it was going to be bad when the first attendant I saw was wearing three (3)! masks, and both attendants were black women.

In our hour and a half flight she reiterated the mask policy 14 times, and got into arguments with 3 different passengers.

The best one was on the dude in the row right in front of me. " Do you see this? What do you think this is? It's my fucking nose and my mask is on it! Go away!"
Dude I flew to Hawaii and had the mask nazis. That was a long and annoying flight with the old fat dude next to me not wanting to wear his mask. He was doing the tactically eating and drinking the whole flight so he didnt have to wear it. HAHA. The flight attendants must've asked him over 20 times to put his mask on. I don't give a fuck what You want to do to protect yourself, but the constant babysitting is annoying as hell.

at least the mask will kill the stench of people having to take off their shoes....

So.... are there any masks made in the USA? or does it all come from the same place the virus came from?
Bullshit. I fart at work and I can smell that shit instantly with my mask on. I was just mixing up some epoxy and could smell it no problem. I take my shoes off everyday to put my Motorcycle boots on and guess what, I can smell my feet thru my mask.

Look around for cloth ones made locally. Thats what I use, just toss them in the wash with the clothes. Then I dont have to buy the disposable ones.
I have to wear one at work otherwise Id be mask free.

I have not worn a mask at work for three weeks now. I’m fucking over this. Didn’t wear at mask at the school board meeting. Not getting the vaccine. This is done for me. Fuck anyone too scared to move on.

Good. I haven't worn one since day one, except for getting the skin cancer cut off my arm and visiting my mom in the hospital. Fuck anybody is still wearing a mask. I just laugh at them.

I had some hope for the few weeks this year when we didn't have to wear masks anywhere and the restrictions were lifted. Then they implemented them again, and masks are even more ubiquitous here in the pnw than in the NE.

Now we're about to have to show our papers to go into anywhere except a grocery store, bars, restaurants, stores, breweries, etc.... There's exactly one place, my local brewery owned by super liberals, where I'm considering showing my card for service. Other than that I'll probably just stay home and order shit online. You know, keep it local and buy from Amazon! :flipoff2:
Same…it seemed like normal was about to happen and then the gov realized they were about to loose their stranglehold on everyone without the face diapers and hysteria.

They realized they fucked up and had no way of verifying when they said, “okay if you’re vaccinated you don’t need to wear a mask” and virtually no wore one.

They knew that window of control was closing fast.

Other than Dr. Appointments and PT Appointments I don't wear a mask.
You see a few out in stores with them on, but for the most part, no one here gives a crap. You do you and I'll worry about me.
Only issue we are having is my wife is facing a Vax mandate due to working for the .gov and we are not in the position of her being able to quit over it.

When this bullshit stops.

Attachments

• HxqYh4TD.jpeg
    HxqYh4TD.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 145
Other than Dr. Appointments and PT Appointments I don't wear a mask.
You see a few out in stores with them on, but for the most part, no one here gives a crap. You do you and I'll worry about me.
Only issue we are having is my wife is facing a Vax mandate due to working for the .gov and we are not in the position of her being able to quit over it.
If she doesnt want the vax, yall better get in a position to stand up to it real quick. Conforming to their control this time will let them have control over you forever.

The Spanish flu was irrelevant in what, 2 or 3 years? And that was with NO VACCINE.

100 years later, with 3 different so-called vaccines, and COVID will remain a "threat" indefinitely. It's literally all political at this point.

The masks will remain a permanent fixture in our society forever. There is no going back now that so many have succumbed to mass psychosis.
From what I’ve read….

The Spanish flu pandemic allegedly originated in the US… but it’s called Spanish Flu only because Spain wasn’t involved in the WW1 and declared there’s a pandemic. US and others involved during the WW1 did nothing about the pandemic, because of the war and didn’t want to show weakness from mandates, restrictions, lockdowns, etc…

My guess the covid bullshit will not go away until after biden leave the White House or a greater crisis come along such as a major war.

I find it funny that Wendy's in my area (Grand Canyon Village, and Sedona I tried) are both drive thru only still.....good luck getting a 10 wheeler through that.

Seems they are the only local holdout restaurants

Ar a certain point everyone will say fuck covid and then the real covid will also retreat far.

The nex pandemic will be more fun, I promise.

I flew a couple months back and nobody cares except for this ONE flight. I knew it was going to be bad when the first attendant I saw was wearing three (3)! masks, and both attendants were black women.

In our hour and a half flight she reiterated the mask policy 14 times, and got into arguments with 3 different passengers.

The best one was on the dude in the row right in front of me. " Do you see this? What do you think this is? It's my fucking nose and my mask is on it! Go away!"
Exact same shit last year. Last plane heading home, 20 minute flight from DC to Richmond and this faggot flight attendant would not shut the fuck up about masks the entire time. Luckily the only person in my row was another pilot who told him to fuck off when he tried to come give us shit about it.

Haven't flown since and won't unless I absolutely have to.

Some flight attendants are fucked. I flew a couple times lately, one walked by with her phone aimed at me while I ate some snack mix, gave me shit twice about masks and about stuffing my backpack under the seat more when about to land, the flight back another one gave me the same crap about the bag, no way the bag is going to move with my legs that barely fit anyway blocking it from moving. She gave me stinkeye when I said that out loud. Made me feel like they enjoyed flexing their meager power.

For now, yes. Depends on what medical advances are made in the future. Historically, Coronaviruses mutate to a weaker variant with time. Delta is relatively new in our part of the world and will be around awhile yet. To date, it's one of the most transmissible respiratory viruses known.

I'm cautious of the virus itself for the same reasons people are cautious of the mRNA shots. It'll take time before the long term effects are fully known. I'm not cowering in the corner but I'm not throwing caution to the wind either. Worst thing for me would be unknowingly passing it onto an elderly family member or friend. I want to spend time with these people more than I want to go sit in a packed plane, bar, concert etc. That's not to say I'll live the rest of my life this way.

it'll never go away... it will just be superseded by something greater.

Covid's been politicized. It will never go away now. You can tell by how the goalposts are always changing. It is a lot like climate change in that regard.

Top Back Refresh