What's new
  • Check out our new Group Buy Program! We're kicking it off with Baja Designs! $10 Flat rate shipping no matter how much you order!

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

Just found out a local guy is having a Megs Braaps clinic at his property in 2 weeks.

I did the dirtwise class yeaaaars ago and it was definitely eye opening at the time. Have to think about it. Twinged my knee again yesterday at the charity ride so not sure how it'll be so soon.

Dunno who megs is. But everybody I know thats gone to one of those riding clinics was pretty happy they went.

Whats it cost?

$300 per class/day. 2 different levels, novice and advanced.

She was a racer/hard enduro person who decided to do classes to pay for it.

Yea Watts had it figured out with the dirtwise class and that was like 10 years ago. A buddy of mine did the Jarvis class and said it was basically just a watch Jarvis ride day with a tiny bit of teaching thrown in.

I'll have to look up reviews on this class later.

Just watching that vid. Seems like a "whooo girl, you can do it" class. Everybody is a winner:laughing:

The Watts classes were the ones I first thought of.

The course content does seem to vary quite a bit between the different riders hosting them.

I did one with Destry Abbott. That guy is a real one. Tons of drills, lots of him watching, critiquing, and explaining techniques. I'm still working on some stuff he told me and that was 3 years ago.

Considering doing the bigger package where I go stay at his house and just train my ass off for a few days.

Put a battery in the FZ1, got a state inspection and rode to the tag office for new registration. Took the long way home, about 60 mile round trip. Truck pulled out in front of me in the middle of no where. :mad3: Did the old pull out, oh I see you, so I’ll just stop long ways so you have no where to go trick. :shaking: Got on the brakes, once I figured out his game plan, I went around him. Reminds me why I stick to the track. :homer:

I just gotta make things difficult for myself.

Finally cleaning up the old 300 to sell. It's a '13 xcw so I ordered '14 XC plastic just to get a lil newer look. :homer:Sure as fuck doesnt just bolt on. But I get everything but the front fender on. Pulled my studs as most folks are to ignorant to realize how awesome they are.

Gas is pump gas an over a year old. Fucker fired on the first kick:smokin: And then the throttle cable broke.

So now I gotta take it back apart again. Those radiator shrouds are a bitch:shaking:

1000000125.jpg

I'm dumb. I half ass hooked it up to the slide and it popped off. Sure glad I didnt order a cable before unbolting shit and taking a look..............:homer:

Also noticed the bolt for the kickstart looked loose. 1/32 of a turn later and the fucking bolt breaks off :flipoff:
Naturally it broke off deep enough that my Ezouts wont touch it. Left hand bits just drilled through. In theory I've got enough drilled out that I can just run a tap down the hole to kinda clean shit out.

this fuckin bike:laughing:

Epoxy holding oil inside for about 10 years now

1000000131.jpg

Ripped the bars off the bike, and pulled the threads in the tripple clamp. Ended up tapping the bar mount and running 1/2" bolts up from under. Cheaper than new tripple clamps

1000000132.jpg

Sponsored by ODOT:flipoff2:

1000000133.jpg

Last edited:
Hey you have a fawked up wheel set you wanna sell ?

Or just a front hub and rear rim??

I modded a KTM 525 seat today

Didn’t take shit for pictures…
Took the cover off and shaved an inch of foam then took that sliver of foam and cut it in half and glued it to the sides…. Sanded it smoothish and put the cover back on

IMG_6562.jpeg
IMG_6561.jpeg

It’s now a seat-kyron-concept

:homer:

Hey you have a fawked up wheel set you wanna sell ?

Or just a front hub and rear rim??

No, when I change stuff out, its done:laughing: been very happy with the tusk wheels/hubs/rims from rocky mountain. And price is hard to beat. Hubs/wheels come with bearings an such FWIW

The spokes are a different thread than OEM though. So try an save a few from the old wheel.

Why the lower an wider seat? I grabbed a garden knee pad and used it to add a bump to mine. When you fuck up on a hill it is very nice:grinpimp:

1000000136.jpg

I found a zip wheel on edge worked best for shaping foam

I told the woman that I wasn't super upset the child decided to quit riding just for that reason.

She literally hurt her ankle because she couldnt get her big dumb feet in her MX boots and was riding in rain boots :shaking:

Mine are 5 and 8 and both the same freaking size! Zero hand me downs is just my luck! Two of everything :lmao:

For context, my buddies and I are gathering up a bunch of dual sports and going to do some more hardcore type ADV riding and BDRs. They opted for XR650Ls. Since I'm much more retarded and picky about bikes, I got an XR650R instead.
Snapchat-8114300.jpg

So we road tripped to Show Low and picked my buddy's bike behind me for 3200, then cannonballed to Prescott and picked my XRR, also for 3200. I lowballed the guy a bit because it was running like absolute trash when we showed up, in fact I'm impressed it ran at all. The intake valves were pinched open by the adjusters and leaking compression, and it was absolutely DROWNING in fuel.

I went back and forth playing with float height and a multitude of things trying to figure out what was making it drown like that and run so awful (after I fixed the compression issue), and last night I found out that the needle jet is straight up absent from the bottom of the carb body.

So now I have a line on "borrowing" a carb from a local friend's dad who still has a BRP laying around, and I get to do a bit of diagnosing a few of the other issues once it runs. I'll take me wins where I can get em I guess. :grinpimp::beer:

Springy bits. The guy I bought the YZ from was about 60lbs less and it was under sprung for me. Should have done this sooner but lazy :laughing:

PXL_20241019_170400645.MP.jpg

Pulled a fork and noticed a weeping seal. Well no point doing this without new seals. Good news, I have an OEM Yamaha kit. Bad news, apparently the seals changed in 15. Fawk. Got new seals in route.

Moving on to the rear. Nothing crazy back there, new spring on with the nifty Xtrig preload adjuster.

PXL_20241019_181904417.MP.jpg

Fawking fawk. Apparently that Xtrig adjuster isn't compatible with the IMS tank :mad3: Hard to get a pic in there. Did a little heat massaging on the tank to clear the adjuster but it is so tight in there you can't actually access the adjuster. Ugh.

PXL_20241019_184828950.jpg

Was going to yank it back out but leaning towards just making sure it has clearance and leaving it. Even if I had to loosen the subframe to access it that is less of a pain than the stock adjusters :laughing:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh