Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

Protaper XR50 bars on the mini. I guess Protaper sold and the company that bought them out has really fucked up getting things rolling so I figured I'd grab em while I could find em.

PXL_20240709_043506311.jpg

It's nice owning such a popular bike just for getting cheap used parts :laughing:

Xc gear Mako bar mount

PXL_20240712_023853243.jpg

Decided to try the EE open guards this time around since my wrap around inner mounts went away with the Mako clamp. The cycra shields fit right on the EE guards which is nice because I never liked how the EE shields looked.

PXL_20240712_023839221.MP.jpg

Rode a lil today. Ended up turning around half way through the loop as there were just soooooo many blowdowns. All pretty good size trees as well.

Got a lil tweaking still do do on the sherco but overall that things fuckin sweet:grinpimp: do wish they had had a 300.

Got to ride a 23 beta 300rr. Felt kinda buzzy and holy shit is that seat uncomfortable:laughing: Otherwise nice bike.

These michelin enduro's are wearing nice. Way better than the maxxis that came on the beta. Its no VE33 but I'm liking it.

I have never had a tire roll up the rubber on the edge of a lug before

Resized_20240714_135129(1).jpeg

One of the deciding factors on my YZ-FX vs the KX-X was the shitty air box design of the Kawi vs how easy it is on the YZ with the air box up front.

My old husky is set up the same way as your Sherco :shaking:

I was so stoked that I didnt have to worry about side plates not fitting due to a bent subframe. My excitement is gone:laughing:

Drove an hour up the hill to go ride. Buddies 350xc let us down once again:shaking: Give it much throttle and it just bogs out and dies.

Did compliment him on how that bike only breaks down within 1/4 mile of the truck, if not at the truck. And thats way nicer than the way my break downs seem to go:lmao:

Tried it again on sunday. Finally got the sherco set up to where I'm happy with it. Very happy with it.

Then replaced the cycra's that I stole off the 150, and blew the dust off that thing. Will probly flog on that lil bike up till the rainy season. I need to sell the thing, but I'm dragging my feet pretty hard. Fucker is just fun to ride:laughing:

Finally got around to putting guards on. Naturally I buy them one ride to late:homer:

These were the only ones available that I liked. Only issue with them is they are made EXACT. So any lil ding or bend in the radiator is a problem when bolting up. I still have about 1/4" to push out on the other radiator before it will bolt up.

20240802_113009.jpg
20240802_152806.jpg

Mounted a road shock 6” led on my thunderbolt also mounted a gps speedo once I was finally happy with 2 nd bracket I made . I’m waiting on wire loom it shipped usps l may just get some at the parts store or wire it in without for the weekend.

I’m not sure how well that light will do mounted down under the headset it would probably get a little less vibration mounted under the original headlight but I didn’t like how it looked and didn’t want to drill a hole today in my tripple tree may have to circle back to that.
IMG_1094.jpeg
IMG_1095.jpeg

Ok so the sherco gas tank has brass inserts for the shroud bolts. Got one thats leaking.

I'm outta warranty but they said they would try a push it through. Been pretty quiet though. Sounded like this was a common issue....

New tank is about $225.

Any ideas on patching this thing up?

20240802_145156.jpg

Ok so the sherco gas tank has brass inserts for the shroud bolts. Got one thats leaking.

I'm outta warranty but they said they would try a push it through. Been pretty quiet though. Sounded like this was a common issue....

New tank is about $225.

Any ideas on patching this thing up?

20240802_145156.jpg
How old is your bike ? Are these tanks thinner than the old bikes from the 80-90’s

Bike has 12 hours
That’s shit I’d be pissed anyhow I’ve never had one of my inserts on my bikes leak they are old tho stock tank or Clark tank . I guess if the warranty is up maybe try solder iron it while waiting on a new tank aftermarket maybe better

Can you remove the insert entirely, and use one of the plastic tank sealing epoxy products to glue it back in?

I was pissed when a shroud hole stripped on my KTM tank (read: when I stripped a....), but a couple plastic toothpicks and some plastic weld, and a bolt coated in antisieze solved my problem.

Did a road trip to Arizona with a friend who was picking up his new toy hauler from a dealership in Phoenix.
We picked up the toy hauler and promptly went and camped in it at Arizona Cycle Park, rode their moto practice the next day. Cool place, but Phoenix is a terrible, awful place to be this time of year, particularly to ride. I don't think I've ever been closer to proper heat stroke on the bike.

Since that sucked so bad, we bugged out to Sedona, did a bit of urban wheeling with the camper, then boondocked in a trailhead parking lot after being told 200 bits of wrong information about where we could use OHVs around their pretentious little hiking town.

Did find White Rim OHV trails a few miles down south that gave us 27 or so miles of desert singletrack. It was basically a slightly rockier version of one of my regular southern NM spots but with more rocks, no hills and verticality to speak of, and no sand. Cool experience. I'd head back there again. A different time of year:homer:
20240811_090835.jpg
20240811_090910.jpg

Being back home and not being drenched in sweat just from being outside of an air conditioned structure for more than 45 seconds was very much appreciated.
Phoenix in the summer sucks. No one should ever be there :lmao::homer:

Also, in other news, I finally tore into my 450 to see where all the power went. Found carnage.

Seems like I was correct that I was having some valve event timing issues, looks like I was having some PTV happening on the intakes.
Biggie issue I didn't seem coming was the Nikasil plating flaking off and destroying the rings and piston. Dang!
20240801_184612(1).jpg
20240801_184617(1).jpg
20240801_184559(1).jpg
20240801_184551(1).jpg

Top Back Refresh