Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

I stuck these on a while back. Have not had a barkbuster pull out after a crash since

Resized_20180211_114704_511951063608551.jpeg

That looks like a somewhat miserable day to ride!

I took the case side bearings out for the trans the trans is on the bench waiting for a new cam plate waiting to install new bearings might have to trim the cam plate or trans plate 69 was a change over to a thinker cam plate .
edit: bike is a 69 BSA thunderbolt
DA9DFE89-C2B8-4D4B-BAF3-9CA9515C439B.jpeg
72C7EE05-E232-462A-AB64-B5F4D45A437E.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the 350 back. New fuel pump, fork cap and a new cartridge.

Drive about 60 miles up the road. Get everything unloaded and do a hot lap while we are waiting for a few other guys to show up. I get back to the truck an have a 16 penny nail sticking out of the back tire. Rode it 1/4 mile an the day is over:flipoff:

That said:
Suspension isnt bad, its a little sharp but I think I can get it decent just playing with the clickers and air pressure

Also think I'm going to drop the front sprocket a tooth.

Swapped in a fat boy spring on the shock. It takes an annoying amount of disassembly to get that done. Didn’t get a chance to ride it or even measure sag yet, but it’s much much stiffer than stock. Hopefully that’s good?

753A0506-4E72-4C24-9A4E-1F5105BF9C65.jpeg

Edit: and you money-spending fuckers didn’t lie about that Tusk high-lift stand. It’s awesome. I sure wish it was shorter when it’s down, though—even this tall Honda doesn’t clear it, and that XT250 is missing the mark by at least 3”.

Purchased-

Front tire, brake pads F&R, oil filter for wife's new used bike. Oil filter and rear pads were out of stock, should be in early next week. Installed front pads, and her new lock on grips, and brake lever. Allegedly OEM clutch lever didn't fit. Hit Amazon for a $15 lever and perch. 2 day shipping.

New rear tire for 5 year oldest bike. He slayed a trail yesterday and tried every obstacle from a massive slick rock face (made it on the 2nd try), to an off camber 8" log crossing the single track (bike ended up upside down off the trail). Shame they don't make gummy tires in a 2.5-10 size:laughing:.

Plushie mousse for the rear of my bike.

Got a lot of tire fuckery scheduled tomorrow!

I’m getting back to the 69 Thunderbolt new bearings installed on the case and trans plate . The cam plate was .020 thinker than the original one and wouldn’t fit into the trans plate my friend did a surface grid at work for me fits like a glove now. I should be putting the trans back in the bike tomorrow hopefully get the bike back together this week.
601B503D-B8A6-4D7F-B9ED-5ACF518EE309.jpeg
73764402-4354-4A0E-8E41-E809DD8DFF5C.jpeg

New rear tire for 5 year oldest bike. He slayed a trail yesterday and tried every obstacle from a massive slick rock face (made it on the 2nd try), to an off camber 8" log crossing the single track (bike ended up upside down off the trail). Shame they don't make gummy tires in a 2.5-10 size:laughing:.

Plushie mousse for the rear of my bike.

Got a lot of tire fuckery scheduled tomorrow!
Kenda Washougal is listed as a sticky in the small sizes, definitely not cheater soft though.

Younger cousin dropped of an old 450x to get welded up. He's pretty new to riding and has this thing hammered:laughing:. Said the bike was always going faster than he wanted it to.

Started looking at it and its geared 14/48! Might have to change that

Allright yesterday slapped a new tube in the bike, and a 13 tooth front sprocket. Bolt for the sprocket sheared off before it was all the way in....this fucking bike

Today we rode. I will say this. Click 2nd, grab a handfull and it is a climbing SOB!

Tires and brakes are crap. Thats next on the list I guess

Been a busy weekend but I got trans back in it took a few try’s in and out then it finally meshed pulled it out one last time to check tge lay shaft shim bolted it down then installed the clutch and mag a mistake happened there but didn’t find it until after I had installed the inner timing cover.

The old man was over when I torqued the clutch and mag down two hands are better than one he offered to help the next day so I put the timing side inner cover on layer that night after dinner. The next morning before he came over I was adjusting the primary chain a saw the woodruff key for the clutch laying in the bottom of the case WTF yup shits coming back apart I must have pushed it off the trans main shaft siding the clutch on and didn’t realize it 😬

The old man shows up shortly after I discovered my screw up he has the eh o well attitude and we pulled it back apart and it went back together with all parts where they needed to be then we got the clutch adjusted and checked the valves . It turned out to be a good wrench fest with him and dinner afterwards all and all a good weekend going to get the Boyer electric ignition installed this week fingers crossed it running next weekend.
096D3FA3-D9E8-45EA-BCBB-B633C3FAF43C.jpeg
5CA70272-DB92-4C5F-9A2E-D6AA2FA261D5.jpeg

We got dad out on the big hills a couple weeks ago. They are still slick and this was his maybe 4th ride in well over 10 years. Half the guys in the group were running studs.

So he got carried away and is now running tubeliss and also studded the front lol.

We got dad out on the big hills a couple weeks ago. They are still slick and this was his maybe 4th ride in well over 10 years. Half the guys in the group were running studs.

So he got carried away and is now running tubeliss and also studded the front lol.

How much of a nightmare is the tubliss install? And how much screwing with it does it require after the fact? The idea seems amazing, but I’ve heard they’re kind of a headache.

It’s always tough to tell if people like a thing because it made things less problematic, or if they like a thing because it cost them money, cost them lots of install time, and gives them something to constantly screw with. So….. go!

How much of a nightmare is the tubliss install? And how much screwing with it does it require after the fact? The idea seems amazing, but I’ve heard they’re kind of a headache.

It’s always tough to tell if people like a thing because it made things less problematic, or if they like a thing because it cost them money, cost them lots of install time, and gives them something to constantly screw with. So….. go!

I bought the tubliss a couple years ago, hung them on the wall and never touched them again till dad snagged them from me. He said the install went pretty smooth.

I have never ran them myself, though I dont see the benefit of tubliss in the front.

Guys I ride with either run tubliss or tubliss and an undersized mousse.

I went with a softie mousse (6-8 psi) and on the advice of a redbull sponsored pro, drilled a dozen holes in it first. It feels like a 10-12 psi tire to me. I will be pulling it and drilling more holes. He did say 16 3/4" holes, and I did 12 that ended up at more like 1/2".

The reason for a tubliss and undersized mousse is so if/when a chunk of shale slices your tire, or some ****'s pallet fire debris ends up stabbed through your tire, you're not mucking up your rim.

I've not heard many complaints about swapping tires with tubliss, but I do have advice on swapping tires with a mousse.

Contrary to what youtube says, hook one bead onto the wheel, then install rim locks as loose as possible. Lube up and install the mousse into the tire. Start hooking the second bead at the rim locks, and put a clamp on that pushes the lock back into the tire. This holds the tire from popping back off the wheel there, and allows the bead to drop down into the spoke groove. Spoon the rest of the tire on just like normal, then tighten the locks down.

Oh, and tape up the edges of your rotor with Painters tape in case you slip.

The tubliss guys all say they stopped having problems with spokes loosening after going tubliss too.

Ever try something a different way and realize that you have been doing it wrong for around 20 years :homer:

I have always put one side of a tire on, then stuck the tube in there and spooned on the other side of the tire. Removal is the same steps just opposite obviously.

One youtube video I watched recently, the clown pulled the bead over each side of the rim an just peeled the wheel out of the middle, left the tube in the tire. Install was with the tube in the tire to start.

Tried that today. Holy shit! that's way easier:laughing:

Ever try something a different way and realize that you have been doing it wrong for around 20 years :homer:

I have always put one side of a tire on, then stuck the tube in there and spooned on the other side of the tire. Removal is the same steps just opposite obviously.

One youtube video I watched recently, the clown pulled the bead over each side of the rim an just peeled the wheel out of the middle, left the tube in the tire. Install was with the tube in the tire to start.

Tried that today. Holy shit! that's way easier:laughing:
I had the same revelation after watching probably the same video

I got the electronic ignition installed cleaned up the wiring harnesses, installed a brake switch from eBay, making exhaust brackets tonight at work, should have gage cone filter I ordered on Monday these thunderbolts are single carb the head is different than a lightning head that has dual carbs . I still need to add oils and install the tank should have it running sometime this week.
8045ACC7-34BE-42E4-A3B5-8ABC21EBA5BE.jpeg
FD661636-5CB6-4BFA-B40D-0C6856D72B27.jpeg

how long do the mousse last?

I have mousses I bought back in 2016 that are still serviceable. Pretty soft now but I keep them in a spare set of wheels/tires for trail work days where we aren't going balls out.

I personally prefer to be on the firmer side up front 13ish psi. The oldest mousse I have feels like 7 or 8 now in the same tire.

Top Back Refresh