Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

Well that was fast:smokin:
20230224_114135.jpg

Setting up for ice or what???

Setting up for ice or what???

We run them year round. And to be honest, I have zero desire to run without them in the front tire.

My front tire is beyond wore out, and so are the studs. So just time to replace some stuff

Whats on the bike now
20230224_151114.jpg

No shit?? No loss of traction on rock??

I dont like them on the pavement. thats the only spot that I notice them.

For woods riding. You can use so much more front brake an the tire will not wash out. Wet roots/trees dont fuck with you anywhere near as bad. It just goes where ever you point it. The nastier and slicker things are, the more you appreciate them.

Since your not sliding around as much, we have noticed the front tires last alot longer as well.

Seems like it takes about 75 studs to do a tire. I never do the outside lugs, as I always break them off somehow

I have a M5b with studs in it too. I put it on every so often, but dont really like it. For just hill climbs, and boony crashing they work great if you lug the bike. Start spinning the studs out if you like the throttle though.

Also the bike felt too planted to me with the rear studs, couldnt slide the ass around. Dropped down a long steep rocky downhill and had a hard time keeping the bike under control. Just not enough rubber on the ground for that shit.

Last edited:
I have yet to hear somebody say anything bad about them being in the front. It takes a few rides before you start having faith in the front tires newfound traction.

Install them on a tire that isnt mounted as its easy to run them in to deep, an that will give you flats. Also some front tires have lugs that are just to short to work .

Logged 27k mi on the factory chain/sprockets, think they still had some left. Factory front brake pads about done, rears still had some meat. Trying to get the Tracer ready for some trips, so just did-
  • DID 525 VX3 chain
  • SuperLite sprocket set, factory gearing
  • EBC Sintered HH pads all around
  • Bled brakes all around
  • New set of Michelin Road 5's
52717416606_0de09b0076_o.jpg

HH pads will bite, but that’s how I like mine.
This bike had HH's front/rear stock. FWIW the '18 SV had factory HH's front, but GG's on the rear. I prefer the big initial bite as well. I run sintered pads on my mountain bikes also so use to that feel.

Got dad's 250X out and ripped it around all the single track he cut. Needs a battery now, I haven't really ridden more than up and down the road since he passed. It's borderline good enough to make me look past it being a 4 stroke. Thinking I need to take the KDX over there next weekend for a more direct comparison.

PXL_20230311_203115161.jpg

Idle adjuster screw? I thought the magic box there was supposed to take care of stuff like that?

It is, but as they break in they tend to idle down. $17 I figured it's cheap, might as well while I had it apart. And a slightly higher idle is nice for those of us who suck.

Flange protecter?

Basically a reinforcing ring that goes around the flange the pipe goes into on the jug, so it doesn't get broken if you do manage to crank the pipe sideways. Another $17 bit, that was recommended by another guy I ride with who managed to bust it and needed a whole new jug as a result.

Lost the fuel pump in the 450 last night mid ride. Went from running to 100% dead instantly and fuel pump is not priming or running at all.

Forum crawl shows that some Yamahas apparently can have the power leads on the fuel pump pop off internally. Hopefully an easy fix like that is all I have to do tonight.

I dunno how you do that, but weird shit happens when you have a yardsale.

Thats a fact! I stacked it up a while back and it hit hard enough to pull the bar mount bolts out of the triple clamps. That was a head scratcher.

Curious though, the guys that have broke that flange. Are they all running that same skid plate/pipe guard

Thats a fact! I stacked it up a while back and it hit hard enough to pull the bar mount bolts out of the triple clamps. That was a head scratcher.

Curious though, the guys that have broke that flange. Are they all running that same skid plate/pipe guard

Nope. He has one of those wire pipe guards on it.

Well there goes that theory:laughing:

I dont think I have seen anybody in this area using the wire guards either. yall are running some weird stuff up there

Started on plastic restoration on the YTM200. First step was sharpening a putty knife so I could scrape with it. Yellow Yamaha plastic gets this nasty dead layer with age and uv exposure that you've gotta shave off before you can sand & polish

PXL_20230317_022410171.jpg

Here’s the mess I found inside my 69 BSA T-Bolt I picked up last year at a auction. I started to dig into it a few weekends ago decided I need to replace the shift shaft cause it’s smoked and I’m close to finishing the electrical on it so let’s take something else apart 🤡

Fingers crossed the shaft I ordered from India is legit should know in a few weeks
2C600041-6153-4503-8BDA-66CC9F960D5D.jpeg

57322BB3-9CAA-402F-BB87-BD1BD5987019.jpeg

Took the ol' KDX out for its first time in the dirt with the fresh 220 top end and a slew of new shit I put on and I'm over the moon with how it performs.

PXL_20230318_175053062.jpg

I should have taken a picture of the one I saw on my ride last week...blown up and wedged between 2 trees halfway up the mountain:laughing: early 90s I'd guess.

I should have taken a picture of the one I saw on my ride last week...blown up and wedged between 2 trees halfway up the mountain:laughing: early 90s I'd guess.
Well they look the same aside from color and graphics from 95 to 2006 kinda hard to put a date on em at a glance. I swapped the fenders and headlight to make it look less like a 28 year old bike.

Top Back Refresh