Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

Out with the Bill's shorty and in with the USFS approved Turbine Core II silencer.

IMG_20230502_151934.jpg

how long do the mousse last?
Depends on ride style and maintenance.
Case in point:
I have mousses I bought back in 2016 that are still serviceable.
We don't have much chance to go fast, so there are guys with 100+hrs on a rear.

Meanwhile I destroyed 2 mousses in about 7 hours of run time using them for desert racing. All about how much heat they're dealing with and how often you want to re-lube them as far as I can tell.
The two I had lasted less time than the tires wrapped around them.

Meanwhile I destroyed 2 mousses in about 7 hours of run time using them for desert racing. All about how much heat they're dealing with and how often you want to re-lube them as far as I can tell.
The two I had lasted less time than the tires wrapped around them.

Makes sense. Everybody I know that has ran them, said they were good for about 4 tires.

I thought lubing them was just to make the install easier?

Makes sense. Everybody I know that has ran them, said they were good for about 4 tires.

I thought lubing them was just to make the install easier?
That's a biggie actually. Lubing the mousses is to cut down on friction heat inside the tire. Keeping them soaked in lube is the only way to get any longevity out of them. Running them dry will make them chafe and come apart nearly immediately. I stuff as much lube in and around the tire as I possibly can.

Went to do a suspension oil change this weekend.

Take shock out, bring to suspension guy's shop 40 miles away, all is good.

Start taking apart forks. First one isn't dumping any oil when I pop the stanchion out of the tube. "huh, that's weird." I says to myself.
Unscrew inner chamber out of damper rod assembly, pull valve cluster out and splat
a bunch of shims come out with all the oil. Piston and other half of shim stack are stuck in the fork tube. Looks like the retaining nut just backed right off of it and fucked off.

So back to the suspension shop I went, twice in a day, and now no functioning bikes :(

been my experience. You can keep one bike running without many issues. But if you have two of them. Both seem to always be broke

Had a good thrashing getting this 69 t-bolt back together this week took stuff into work with me and worked on it in the morning before work. The seat cleaned up but now it’s slick .

I tried a few methods hand wipes , mild soap , two different vinyl cleaners and then the 3m marine vinyl cleaner which made it look good but now it’s slick as hell.

Tonight I filled it with fluids the front fork needs a new drain plug gasket been like that since I topped them off with left over fork oils need to drain and put in the 50w after I see how it runs tomorrow hopefully no other big leaks I’ll find out in the morning.

Here’s some pics not to bad for a parts bike

1839CE8C-470F-4E60-9340-3FBE62178E49.jpeg
9E16C821-30FE-40A5-8011-44B70B5D4FB7.jpeg
0BF30C89-60BF-4FFD-979A-DF2344974729.jpeg

Well I got my first ride yesterday on this 69 Thunderbolt it shifts good and runs great not knowing the history of this bike I’m pretty stoked how it’s turning out. I did have to revisit the clutch adjustment and swap a different throttle and cable on to it from the parts stash. I have a couple of small leaks I need to fix and add a tool box.
IMG_7878.jpeg

Well I got my first ride yesterday on this 69 Thunderbolt it shifts good and runs great not knowing the history of this bike I’m pretty stoked how it’s turning out. I did have to revisit the clutch adjustment and swap a different throttle and cable on to it from the parts stash. I have a couple of small leaks I need to fix and add a tool box.
IMG_7878.jpeg
200w (1).gif

Last time I rode my Beta the battery crapped out. That was back in February. We just moved and it fell off my radar as too much other crap to deal with. Well I completely forgot I signed up for the Virginia NEPG round this weekend until I saw a post about it Thursday night. Fawk fawk fawk.

Ordered a battery off Amazon and stabbed it in last night. Fired bike up and not charging. Shit. 1v coming from the R/R. Checked stator and with no load was ok, but as soon as you connected anything to it, <5v A/C. Stator ohms out much higher than it should. Ugh.

I considered pulling a Steve (riding buddy) who just buys a new bike whenever his breaks :laughing: but I'm not riding enough right now to have a new 10k bike just collecting dust.

Eyed up the old Husky. I've only ridden it once since I bought the Beta in '18. It has been coughing up parts for the Beta the entire time, like the forks/brake/wheels and some other small bits. Sigh. Stole all that back and reassembled the Husky. I'll give her props, threw in a new plug and she fired off in 3 kicks.

So tomorrow will be fun. No e-start and this thing is insanely tall (39" at lowest point of the seat, tip of the fender is 42". I basically have to either pole vault or use a step to get a leg over this thing). Should finally roll over 500 hours though.

177cc of fury :laughing:

PXL_20230513_210532095.jpg

Last edited:
More billet shit. Riding with my buddy I got kinda jealous of how up and out of the way the stand on his Husqvarna was. Fastway stand for a KX is close enough to make it fit. Going to get the right bolt to replace that button head and I need to make a spacer for the bottom but no more rattly stand on the swing arm.

PXL_20230528_011248273.jpg

Those are nice kick stands. I have yet to see one that wasn't just a lil to tall

It is just a little bit tall, if I had the means to chop an inch or so off it I likely would but it should be ok in dirt.

The one on my 350 needs cut down. Gotta find a low spot for the kickstand lol

Well interesting. A buddy picked up a '23 husky 300 for just over $9k, Something about a $2k rebate.. That's a hard price to ignore:laughing:

Also looks like they are doing the same for the GasGas stuff. Anybody have much experience with them?

Also looks like they are doing the same for the GasGas stuff. Anybody have much experience with them?
They're just KTMs that are a gen behind and have a few cheaper parts on them, but for the average weekend warrior they seem like a fine deal, particularly if you want to avoid the "first model year blues" we've been discussing in Yotota's thread.

That being said I always figure if you're financing a new bike anyway, why bother getting lower trim bikes to save a couple grand. If you're paying cash fuck yeah, you're a baller, do what you want :flipoff2:

9k for a TE300 is dirt fuckin cheap.

Imo all the new 300s are so good that for the majority of us you'd never really notice a difference between them aside from price. Pick a color and choose between carb, TPI or TBI.

Better n average but still very much in the weekend warrior camp:laughing:

The one buddy that just paid over $11k for his '23 300xc is kinda bitchy about these $9k bikes:lmao:

Different shop, but I think this is the deal he was talking about

Screenshot_20230530_074735_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230530_074744_Chrome.jpg

Oh yeah, kid I work with that just bought a 300XC a couple months ago gets very upset when you mention Beta, GasGas or Sherco. His best bud rides a 300rr that's getting replaced with another 300rr soon same he won't stfu about how it's unbelievable that anyone would spend that much on a bike with a carb.

I paid $8200 in 2013 for the one I have now:homer:
Yeah but your 2013 dollar was worth a lot more. My buddy was about 13k out the door for his '23 husky

Oh yeah, kid I work with that just bought a 300XC a couple months ago gets very upset when you mention Beta, GasGas or Sherco. His best bud rides a 300rr that's getting replaced with another 300rr soon same he won't stfu about how it's unbelievable that anyone would spend that much on a bike with a carb.
Carbs are fucking stupid and I'm tired of fucking with them, TBI FTW baby. It's worth the premium imo. Haters gonna hate, but all the haters said the same shit about radiators back in the day, and they were just as wrong :flipoff2:.

Yeah but your 2013 dollar was worth a lot more. My buddy was about 13k out the door for his '23 husky
It's always funny to me when everyone conveniently leaves out the specs of the bikes themselves in the cost arguement as well.

In 2008, the Yamaha YZ 450f was $7000.
In 2022, the Yamaha YZ 450f was $9599.

If you can show me a single performance metric that the 08 has over the 22 I'd love to see it, they may as well be on different planets as far as actual performance and feel goes.

Thats a big difference in bikes for sure.

My '13 has been damn near flawless, considering what its been through:laughing: Its still a clapped out old dirt bike. Not sure if that one will get sold or not though, kinda fond of that one

So back to the suspension shop I went, twice in a day, and now no functioning bikes :(
Got the forks and shock back last week. Finally found some motivation to throw the 450 back together last night and load it up on the back of the Bronco for a ride tonight.

Hopefully something as big as a completely non-functioning damper assembly in the left fork can cure a few of the riding/speed issues I've been having lately.

Also took the opportunity to throw the new starter clutch in it that I've had on the shelf for months. Holy fuck it's nice to have a bike that starts when cold again.

Its amazing how much nicer a bike is with suspension that works:laughing: That 350 I have was unrideable with the broke of compression clicker and cracked cartridge.

2 updates:

-Yeah, turns out my bike with functioning suspension unlocks my pro speed in the big whoops once again. God dammit I sure wish I knew that was going on sooner. It's crazy how much faster and more predictable it was while running it at pace. Also seems to corner better. Must not have had any rebound damping either.
Also it starts way better. I'm an idiot for not fixing that starter clutch sooner.

-Got a chance to tear into the 2 stroke this afternoon. Just as expected, faulty stator side crank seal and roasted crank bearing.

Sometimes the bike tells you when it's time for a bottom end :homer:

Top Back Refresh