Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

Riding dirt

I don't know how you expect him to be competitive without at least two bikes, (replaced with the latest model every year) I bet you don't even have a semi and stacker trailer haul the one!

Poor kid has to deal with the faux pas of arriving in a 20 year old truck towing a 15 year old trailer that doesn't even have slides.

Even worse, I make him work on the bike himself.

The boy is doing OK on the ktm in the woods! Really wish I could find a soft tire for him to run.

...stock clutch pack in there? I don't think my kid's little ktm would even spin the tires once he got hung up in the rocks. I need to find him some tech trails and find out.

...stock clutch pack in there? I don't think my kid's little ktm would even spin the tires once he got hung up in the rocks. I need to find him some tech trails and find out.
Being that I was 5 years old, I can't remember exact specifics of how my dad made the changes or if the clutch functions the same way today as it did on my old pro senior, but I thought through certain adjustments you could change the engagement point...
So like, if it engages off the pipe, they're lethargic but more beginner friendly.
If it engages right as the engine is getting on the pipe, it acts like a high stall torque converter and turns the bike into a stupid fast mini rocket. Maybe that's still a thing?

Yeah, there are ways to change the engagement point. Was curious if he had done any tweaking or his setting were right out of the box.

My oldest will be outgrowing his mini pretty soon and bumping up to a ktm 50 SX or something similar and his current bike will go to his little brother, so there's going to be a decision point somewhere on if I want to mess with it or leave it a little more beginner friendly. I'm pretty sure little bro is going to be more throttle happy.

As far as I know, it's dead stock. The kid who had it before him was not exactly "on the pipe" or "off the cake" and didn't get to ride it much. As far as I know, all they did was put it to the stiffest suspension setting, then worried about not riding it too much.

If you listen too, he's winding it up til he feels it pulling, then cranks on it so it'll launch.
Had a practice session today, working on using ruts to whip through the corner, not fighting them.
1000010051.jpg

1000010049.jpg

1000010054.jpg

Also I think it's pressurizing the coolant system so I'm getting a set of gaskets, and I'll pop it apart one night and see if I can't put a stop to that. Might do bigger rads too, water pump, etc. I've got 14hrs of overtime coming next Saturday, so might as well immediately spend that money, right?

Brought out a can of marking paint, and laid out the line through corners, and then put lines down across it for "when you come into the corner, be looking here, when you get to here, be looking up here." Helped HUGE with keeping his eyes up ahead, not staring at his front tire.

We ran into some guys this summer that had a newish husky mini bike with them. Said in the slower stuff they would have to stop every so often and let it cool down. As the clutch would start slipping.

Went riding with the kids yesterday. Of all the jumps there, they kept coming back to this one. I think because it felt like a gap vs everything else out there was table top-ish.

Went riding with the kids yesterday. Of all the jumps there, they kept coming back to this one. I think because it felt like a gap vs everything else out there was table top-ish.
Is that the little park near San Luis Reservoir? I’ve always considered pulling over there for a 15-20 minute ride on my drives back and forth on 152

Is that the little park near San Luis Reservoir? I’ve always considered pulling over there for a 15-20 minute ride on my drives back and forth on 152
Yep! It kinda sucks if you have a normal adult sized bike. 15 minutes and you'll have ridden the whole place. Perfect for kids or people just learning. Also its hot as balls there in the summer.

Spending all my money on the kid's bike. First mx of the season is a sand track, so he got an mx14, and he's got a sponsor this year, so we got a set of graphics with the sponsor's company and social media on it. And some fuckin skulls, cause he's a 6 year old boy, so skulls are cool:laughing:.

Got 8hrs of pto that is gonna dissappear on March 31 at midnight, so I'm gonna surprise him Thursday morning, head to the track, then go get his graphics kit after. Then I guess we gotta go do some promo pictures at the sponsor's place. Should be pretty cool, the guy is a motorcycle rental outfit, has everything from crf300, to a tenere7, to a Harley.

This clip from our last practice session is pretty cool. Being stoked for his homie!

Finally got to put the 150 into some stupid spots and see how it did.

Only boiled er over 6 times and after today, its getting a top end before it gets rode again:grinpimp:

After we did all that, I dropped into a one way canyon to show the other guy how fucked this trail was. A couple big blow downs in the wrong spot and we were there for 1/2 the day. He was fucking IMPRESSED:lmao:

Overall a good day. Bike got worked hard and spent a lot of time on the limiter. Limiter sounds horrible btw

I need just a lil more power for this area.

20240330_141243.jpg

Riding dirt? For suckers! Kid finally got the JR out and rode some grass though. Probably going to break down and buy a new/newer bike since this thing is already being a pain in the ass again and looks like I yet again get to split the cases and chase a transmission leak.

IMG_20240330_144804_570~3.jpg

Finally got to put the 150 into some stupid spots and see how it did.

Only boiled er over 6 times and after today, its getting a top end before it gets rode again:grinpimp:

After we did all that, I dropped into a one way canyon to show the other guy how fucked this trail was. A couple big blow downs in the wrong spot and we were there for 1/2 the day. He was fucking IMPRESSED:lmao:

Overall a good day. Bike got worked hard and spent a lot of time on the limiter. Limiter sounds horrible btw

I need just a lil more power for this area.

20240330_141243.jpg

No fan on it?

First actual ride on the 300 since july. Amazing how twice the motor makes things easier. Also OMG is this bike clapped out:lmao:

Looped it out once on a big cut bank, because I am dumb.

Had some new blood in the group. 450 without a single guard on it, too stiff of suspension and too much air in the tires. Boots and a helmet only. Not even a water bottle:homer:

Poor bastard blew just about every corner no matter the speed. We pulled that bike outta a lot of brush today, and its looking a lot more haggard than when it showed up:laughing: No bitching though. Seemed like he had a list of shit that he needed to get/change. So thats good. We'll see if that actually happens though

The guy I showed the fucked up canyon to a couple weeks ago, still isnt over it yet.. Most folks seem to only do that trail once:lmao:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh