What's new

What did you do to your GM today?

20230911_151358.jpg

Chisled the engine cross member out of the crewcab and set the ord cross in there. Dropped the cross and other motor bracket in the hot tank at work.

ordered a tre fabricator kit and a tapered insert for my ord highsteer arms.

Put the mounts back together, got the old exhaust out, stripped the intakes off both 454 so i can put the edelb tbi intake on the existing motor, stripped all the bs off the original motor and was very happy to see how clean both of them were very very clean on the inside.
20230917_165039.jpg

Wire loom, gasket sets, tres, h1 inserts, pitman arm, studs, radiator, mounts, hoses, fan clutch, energy mounts, have all showed up in the last couple weeks.

Getting shit done.

20230917_224108.jpg

Both motors had a broken ex bolt on the pside back corner, the block with the headers ive been posting was broke off below flush, and tight. This is the motor from the truck and it was broke off at the head leaving a 3/4" shank and backed right out with my stud tool.

Loaded up all the reusable parts to get washed and gona make another small parts grab tomorrow

20231001_221938.jpg
20231001_221953.jpg
20231001_222014.jpg

20231001_221925.jpg

Was able to get the column and pedal hanger out today. Had to modify the brake pedal and push 2 of the firewall studs out of the hanger.

Depending on exactly what the brake systems were on each vehicle the studs are different and the brake pedal itself are different.

My truck is hydroboost and i assume the pedals came from a vacuum powerboost truck. The stud on the pedal is in a different spot, and is a different diam. Fuck it just cut the foot pad down of the auto brake/existing pedal to the right width and slap the cover on it.

The 6 studs through the fire wall have different dirrections aswell. Top 2 on the hanger (middle of the booster ) of a hydro truck go from the engine bay into the cab, hammer them out and drill a bit to make a bit more room.

No i got to fuck with the assortment of columns i have to figure out the right comb of parts to make mine look stock.

Was able to get the column and pedal hanger out today. Had to modify the brake pedal and push 2 of the firewall studs out of the hanger.

Depending on exactly what the brake systems were on each vehicle the studs are different and the brake pedal itself are different.

My truck is hydroboost and i assume the pedals came from a vacuum powerboost truck. The stud on the pedal is in a different spot, and is a different diam. Fuck it just cut the foot pad down of the auto brake/existing pedal to the right width and slap the cover on it.

The 6 studs through the fire wall have different dirrections aswell. Top 2 on the hanger (middle of the booster ) of a hydro truck go from the engine bay into the cab, hammer them out and drill a bit to make a bit more room.

No i got to fuck with the assortment of columns i have to figure out the right comb of parts to make mine look stock.
Hydroboost pedals are a different ratio than vac boost throughout all of the years.

Small pieces and parts sorted out for the motor.

Cheap wire looms worked around a bit to not use vc bolts.

Plug wires were only availble for standard ignition coil dist, fortunately i hoard part so i had a pack of diy hei ends.

Got rid of the smog pump and sorted a proper serp belt.
Random hoses off the wall at napa to make the intermediate transfer hoses.

Tbi intake is completed

20231008_170734.jpg

20231008_170745.jpg

I am a F.O.R.D. guy but today I worked on my mom's K1500. Nothing like an East Coast farm truck, covered in mud and never washed. I got the spare tire hoist removed, and figured out I had the wrong replacement part. It took a prybar to open the hood, so I unbolted the latch and dropped it into the ultrasonic cleaner with purple power while I fished a replacement hood latch cable through the firewall and to the latch without too much bloodshed. I reassembled it all and SOB, the hood opens now!

All in all not the most hateful repair I've had to do on that truck. It was pretty straight forward.

Pulled out the 2009 vintage interstate battery in hopes of pullin it outta its lill barn.

S10 has been running shitty, I haven't been driving it to work for fear of it leaving me stranded. I drove it yesterday pouring the coal to 'er and set a check engine light, misfire #3 cylinder.
Spark plug wire failure, repaired and all good now.
20220807_103124.jpg
Umm we are certain that those are maintenance items?yes?
:flipoff2:
Looks like a hold down failed :eek:

Read code p0440 on the s10. It triggers this code when over ½ full of gas and clears it somewhere around ¼ tank of gas:homer:

Sent my 8.1 gauge cluster for repair/update.

M92PV4U I dislike evap code, usually pita to get it removed lol. Makes me want to ditch whole thing and remove codes

Top Back Refresh