What's new

What did you do to your GM today?

This is a dump bed? Asking because of the cutout in nose of it. What brand of bed is it?
It was setup as a dump bed, has the extra subframe and mounts. I’m just going to run it fixed to the frame. It had a hydraulic lift gate as well when I picked it up. I’d like to add a cherry picker/davit crane for lifting in logs, engines etc. I couldn’t find any manufacturer data on the box, “Rebco manufacturing” is/was popular on Vancouver island back in the day.

Not gona lie, im a lil butthurt about that.

Thats a perfect truck with a bed, thats a nice work bed but damn shame to half that truck up.

🍺🍺🍺
I‘m hard on my gear, I’ll put the box up in storage and beat on the loggers box for a few years. I’m surprised the factory bed has made it relatively unscathed this long.

Yesterday, got a gas pedal installed that wasnt broken, tightened up the engine mounts, fixed a coolant leak I found by complete accident (happy i did, if that started pissing during cam break-in I'd have lost my shit), put in torque converter bolts, fixed up starter cables with new ring terminals and fusible links, put on the new starter, modded battery cables for military style top post battery terminals, new plugs, ran plug wires and hooked up the MSD.

After all that, got in to roll the engine over to see if the starter needed shimming and the starter didnt roll and the ignition switch broke and got stuck in the on position :mad3:

If I can trace out why the starter isnt getting proper power I should still be able to break in the cam today though :grinpimp:

I want to use this piece of 2x6 tubing for rock slider, as you can see the rockers are shit on my truck. Only real rust on the whole unit. I want to cut out the rockers and raise the tube up, probably get 1.5” of more clearance. Has anyone done this on their gmt800 truck? Any reason not to do this?

BB5C1A7F-CF97-46FC-8960-4B0991583863.jpeg
E7E08648-F51C-4DEF-96B9-90B463608DF9.jpeg
781211EB-A9F0-4E3D-B559-9767E3F3FB5F.jpeg

Wasn't looking for a reaction. Just warning you these springs suck. There is a reason they are cheap. They are way stiff and the bushings don't last. Offroad Design's custom springs made by Alcan are the best I have ever rode on. Even just having Alcan build your springs is great.
Sorry to burst your. Those were bought for that exact reason. Thanks for agreeing. Sorry that you nor total newb got the reaction either of you wanted.

I haven’t done anything lately but drive it. I’ve been looking at replacement front bumpers. The lack of time to build one has me looking at bolt on ready bumpers. I hate ones that stick out like fat lips, so there goes a bunch of options.

I have looked at the move kits with thoughts of buying it and welding it this fall when I have time. I can’t really find a pic for a 2019 to show what they look like on the truck.

I've been waiting to put a benchseat in my s10, instead of the 70/30 buckets. My father in law just bought a s10 to gut and race, with a "nice" bench seat that I could have, sweet.

It was already un-bolted from his truck. When I got it home I noticed the ford sign on the seat belt, fuck. Upon closer inspection I see that someone welded s10 sliders to the seat...
20230722_103631.jpg

20230722_100101.jpg

so I decided to check fitment, the brackets on the seat don't align with the studs in the cab:homer:. I got some flatbar and bolted it to the cab and seat to get it mounted.

I guess since this was a backseat the tilt control was on the passenger side. I couldn't live with that and started planning out a linkage from the driver's side to the passenger's side lever.

I ended up using a ⅜ rod left over from a chain link fence tensioner through the ford seat mounting holes to get from the driver's side to the passenger's side. I used a piece of aluminum from a ADT security sign that was in my front yard for the linkage from the ⅜ rod to the seat lever. Lastly I need a handle, I had some aluminum rectangle bar laying around, it got turned into the handle.
20230722_133242.jpg
20230722_133233.jpg
20230722_134418.jpg
20230722_134345.jpg
20230722_134431.jpg
I should probably revisit the mounting brackets and obviously I need to get a hold of some fucking cotter pins.
I also removed the headrests so the seat will fold completely down clearing the steering wheel.

More of a what did I do for today.
Have to decide where they will end up on winchplate above, below ,outside or inside of frame mount. . Wheel trim for what was left and lower door panels stuff and screws are all Removed as well.

Attachments

• 20230728_192850.jpg
    20230728_192850.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Holy shit i did some thing.....

Found why it hasnt wanted to start for the last couple years, signal wire was broke and melted in a few spots.

When i pick the harness apart hopefully i find why it quit running.

getting the motor out after almost 2 years, isnt even the half way point. Still need to swap the column and pedals and setup the clutch master.

Did find a very reasonably priced, seemingly correct fit alum radiator though. Was not happy to see big green streaks coming from the tops of the cores on my brass rad.
20230904_193208.jpg
20230904_193222.jpg

Yeah, I’m still not sure how they have it priced that low.

Pretty sure they were just trying to drop ship it and the other party was a scam. Tracking showed a 8 lb item being shipped to Oregon. Contacted Amazon, who contacted the seller. They issued a refund. Kind of what I figured would happen.

Yeah, I’m still not sure how they have it priced that low.
I got a d70 lock right for $170 when every other single thing i could find was $400. Every vendor and retailer including amazon.

Checked my wish list one day and it said "price has dropped" turns out it was a return or damaged box thing.

But the point is sometimes you get shit cheap for odd/unknown reasons.

I was expecting yours to be just an add on part not the whole bumper, would have been nice to see what actually arrived.

I got a d70 lock right for $170 when every other single thing i could find was $400. Every vendor and retailer including amazon.

Checked my wish list one day and it said "price has dropped" turns out it was a return or damaged box thing.

But the point is sometimes you get shit cheap for odd/unknown reasons.

I was expecting yours to be just an add on part not the whole bumper, would have been nice to see what actually arrived.
The description had a weight of 197 lbs.The shipping weight for UPS was 8 lbs. The part number was correct when I cross matched it with other adds. I kind of figured it was like the $8 roof racks. Worth a shot, but no money lost on my end.

Honestly, if it had showed up I probably would have stuck it on marketplace for $1k to see if I could flip it.

Top Back Refresh