What's new

What did you do to your GM today?

Acquired a 2012 Caprice PPV , came with very nice tires, new brake pads and rotors. The worse was the trunk had been pried open at some point-thinking when the cop junk was stripped out. Replaced trunk lid and latch, good to go. Changed oil, Grandson was surprised at how much oil comes out of such a small filter when you drop it on the floor.
The pass side front wheel was making a rough sound-the rotor had some rust in the grooves cut in it,and around the edges of the pads travel. Some wire wheel action and sounds much better. Runs like a raped ape. Have gotten 20+mpg for the first 300 miles.

Picked up a new to me right side barn door for the Beast.. only thing missing is button on door handle... mine rusted out lower hinge and nothing other than the handle.. and a ratchet strap holding in place. Paint doesn't match, I think I'll be able to deal with it.

Not a 4x4-changed hubs,rotors,calipers, pads on Caprice. Roar in front right would not go away. Got noise down to road noise from tires now.
Gonna take it to Fla to see grand daughter this coming friday...

I built this Y-Pipe for my shitbox. :grinpimp:
4w4-BbLOo1NZhcLNaEknbw=w1709-h1287-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

Building this 5.3 and harness for a late model cherokee, 4l60e, np241c. Lt1swap.com makes this shit retard proof.

Attachments

• 258BFAAA-906C-4C3B-95F3-6DB955EB4F21.jpeg
    258BFAAA-906C-4C3B-95F3-6DB955EB4F21.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 1DEB7F6A-BD0D-4185-9216-ACB8A4875B07.jpeg
    1DEB7F6A-BD0D-4185-9216-ACB8A4875B07.jpeg
    962.7 KB · Views: 9
Changed to GM Genuine injectors(left) because new injector I put in were causing either rich(87 octane) or lean(fE85) from idle and killing it as soon I accelerate

20230520_102346.jpg

Two steps forward: Yesterday I replaced the B1S1 O2 sensor and the EVAP canister. The already smooth idle is smoother and the truck didn't mysteriously stall out after it was up to operating temp.

Three steps back: The driver rear brake pipe sprung a leak at the soft hose connection as I was parking the truck. The PO had recently (sometime after Obama's first term) replaced that line so we decided to skip swapping it out when we replaced the front pipes. Looks like we'll be installing the new pre-bent line soon-ish.

I made some decent progress this weekend. Front dress on the big block is 99% assembled (waiting on power steering pulley), wiring is significantly cleaned up under the dash, ZDDP added to engine for break-in, trans and tcase are full of fluids, cooling system is assembled and ready for me to buy some coolant.

Soon as I re-loom the engine harness it's game on to fire the engine for the first time and break in the cam. Very exciting :smokin:

Not to burst your bubble. But them springs are ROUGH. My son has them on his 87 suburban on 37's. It rides as rough as my 1 ton dually crew cab 4x4.
Sorry to burst your. Those were bought for that exact reason. Thanks for agreeing. Sorry that you nor total newb got the reaction either of you wanted.

Top Back Refresh