What's new

What did you do to your GM today?

Got the engine block painted, and passenger side front leaf spring is cleaned, painted, and reassembled. Now have to take the driver side back off again and move the perch. Not sure why, but the driver side spring really doesn't want to line up with the spring mounts all of a sudden :confused:
is the cab on? Crossmembers in place?

I would make sure that the frame is square before moving the axle perch. I had the same problem with a Dodge, frame wasn't square and we had to move the perch back:homer:.
Yeah, you're right. No idea why a spring swap would suddenly make the driver side spring too far outboard on the perch, as I don't remember this issue before this project but I guess you never know if you don't look.

Yeah, you're right. No idea why a spring swap would suddenly make the driver side spring too far outboard on the perch, as I don't remember this issue before this project but I guess you never know if you don't look.
That's similar to what we did, changed the front-end springs and had the bed and rear crossmembers out.

Did me inner/outer tie rods today. My toe in can use some adjusting, veers to the right a lil.

Also found that my driver side CV is no bueno. So maybe tomorrow if I can get it from our vendor tomorrow.

In between home diy fixes I managed to slap a sway bar back on my 90 burb with the ORD correction/disconnect kit. Found out that the sway bar is a little bent but got it in there with some elbow grease. Now I need to find the correct frame side bushing brackets because the Moog ones were way too small and bent bad when I torqued the bolts down. Also painted the ORD crossmember that's going to replace the stock crossmember

Got another "gift" from Truck Legends .
20230205_155540.jpg

Made the left tail light work again. :lmao:

Performed neurosurgery- removed aftermarket alarm and a mystery box. Didn't look up the purpose of mystery box but the truck still runs and the lights work.

Adjusted aftermarket headlights. Topped off trans fluid. Restored dome light function.

Brother and I decided to go to top of farm sunday. It was pretty wet. Got to a spot and was just spinning. Brother said front wheel was not spinning. We winched and went on to top to turn around.
Tore in to it today, full of rust . Nastiness.
Yukon hardcore innards could not move to engage. Got to thinking and it has been a couple of years since I was in there.
20230220_144014.jpg
20230220_144011.jpg
20230220_144048.jpg
20230220_144109.jpg
20230220_144117.jpg

Cleaned and put new bearings/races in D60. Went well. Went on and replaced locking hub on one side due to rust. Hub was full of water/crud. Went well till we put wheel back on and forgot to put caliper on. Be something to do tomorrow.

Parked this bitch for now while I save up for injection pump and injectors. Never owned a diesel. Didn’t know I was supposed to be putting an additive in with each fuel up. Dumbass.
5EF1D1C9-2D38-48BC-A807-230CC6F154A3.jpeg

Parked this bitch for now while I save up for injection pump and injectors. Never owned a diesel. Didn’t know I was supposed to be putting an additive in with each fuel up. Dumbass.
5EF1D1C9-2D38-48BC-A807-230CC6F154A3.jpeg
What happened to it?

What happened to it?
Puking white smoke most of the time. Running very rough. Exhaust smells like diesel. Shut off on me while towing the company dump trailer the other week. Not a white knuckle experience I’d like to go through again any time soon. Did a lot of work(lift,tires,turbo,nv4500) last summer, so I want to enjoy/work it a bit before I trade it off.

Puking white smoke most of the time. Running very rough. Exhaust smells like diesel. Shut off on me while towing the company dump trailer the other week. Not a white knuckle experience I’d like to go through again any time soon. Did a lot of work(lift,tires,turbo,nv4500) last summer, so I want to enjoy/work it a bit before I trade it off.
I've had two bad experiences with older diesels. Both being filled with offroad diesel out of farm tanks.
20190224_130101.jpg

Example of one, we ended up cleaning the entire fuel systems on both of them and replacing parts as necessary.

This one had farm diesel most of its life. It is definitely time for a fuel system overhaul.
We got a couple more months out of the Cummins (pictured above) by cleaning the tank, lines and putting a whole bottle of seafoam in 4 gallons of diesel and running it.

Top Back Refresh