What's new

Useless things about your day!

yup, the little hair clipper looking thing is all I use either

protip, don't throw away all the guards for it, when you cut your ass hair with it it'll let you keep 1/4" or so so that you don't have sandpaper stubble between your cheeks

yup, the little hair clipper looking thing is all I use either

protip, don't throw away all the guards for it, when you cut your ass hair with it it'll let you keep 1/4" or so so that you don't have sandpaper stubble between your cheeks

Someone told me that shaving would cut down on chafing. That was a lie.

I decided I was finally gonna deal with the leaking tire now that it's to the point where if I air it up in the morning it's sloppy handling by evening. I shoulder plugged that one about a month ago and was kind of worried I was gonna have to admit that they don't always hold up for almost life of the tire. But nope, it just had another hole in it somewhere else. :flipoff2:

I have a 36" CO2 pipeline that runs through the front of my property.
Plane just flew by a tad low (<800' guessing).
Inspecting pipeline today it appears.

1723045246697.png

We had a big pipeline across our land growing up, and there were always planes flying low checking it. Usually Cessnas, kinda weird it would be 2 or 3 at a time. Then for a while it would be a pair of C130's. Pretty wild the government was monitoring that pipeline. Badass sight as a kid parked on a YZ80 watching C130's at what seemed like 100ft off the ground. Fond memories.

Turns out it was just Barry Seal running guns and coke for the CIA. :laughing:

We had a big pipeline across our land growing up, and there were always planes flying low checking it. Usually Cessnas, kinda weird it would be 2 or 3 at a time. Then for a while it would be a pair of C130's. Pretty wild the government was monitoring that pipeline. Badass sight as a kid parked on a YZ80 watching C130's at what seemed like 100ft off the ground. Fond memories.

Turns out it was just Barry Seal running guns and coke for the CIA. :laughing:
The local guard c130 squadron shoots low level practice things over the field behind my mom's house.
Has for my entire life.

Just be outside and see 2 130s booking it at 200' on the regular.

Crux adapter for the car radio died.
Was 60 bucks 8 years ago.
Just cost me 113 dollars.
Thanks Obama.
Bummer that I'm going to through the entire harness away and just plug the new box in but that's how it comes.

I have a 36" CO2 pipeline that runs through the front of my property.
Plane just flew by a tad low (<800' guessing).
Inspecting pipeline today it appears.

1723045246697.png
It's interesting talking to those pilots, we would when fueling them or when they would overnight at the airports I used to work at. Those planes have loud speakers on them to tell people to GTFO, and they will call the cops and or pipeline operators if people are too close to them or doing unauthorized work around them. Seemed like an interesting flying job, low level hand flying and seems like each day would be different.

Last edited:
The local guard c130 squadron shoots low level practice things over the field behind my mom's house.
Has for my entire life.

Just be outside and see 2 130s booking it at 200' on the regular.

Yea, Barksdale Airforce base is maybe 40 nautical miles and we always had .mil shit flying around the house. It was just weird all of the sudden 1980- maybe 83? There were pairs of C130's flying the gas line regularly at extremely low altitude. Then 30- something years later I read a book about this guy and yada yada yada... FWIW I think they were dropping the coke way south of us, we were just in the direct line to home base in Mena.

Did we just get scammed?

So, I'm sitting in the break room eating lunch. Only one in the front office area. Old dude wanders in and says he needs to look at our compressor for the insurance company. I ask if he has and appointment. Nope, and he has no contact info. Ask him which insurance company, he spouts off one that isn't ours. I question this and he starts rambling on hie they do inspections for a lot of companies. I tell he politely to beat it and make an appointment. He starts ranting about how we're past due and the city will fine us thousands of dollars a day. I just stared at him and kept eating my sammich. He finally gets up and leaves. About 2 hours later is see 2 fireman with the GM going back to the compressor room. What are the odds........

Still haven't talked to the GM to see what the fuck is up with all that bull shit.

Lesson pre- learned

ZT mower had a spindle (almost) seize up. Old ass 2010 Hustler. Thinking about it, I went ahead and ordered a kit with all 3 (and idler pulleys, and apparently a new set of blades). It's 14 years old, the other 2 are gonna die soon anyway.

Get the kit in, and new spindles are way different than stock. New blades are 100% straight and not the dip down at the end style this mower uses. Much online searching and this is the updated spindle replacing previous part number.

Had I just ordered one, the center blade would be cutting 1.5" lower than the outers.

20240807_142449.jpg

Lesson pre- learned

ZT mower had a spindle (almost) seize up. Old ass 2010 Hustler. Thinking about it, I went ahead and ordered a kit with all 3 (and idler pulleys, and apparently a new set of blades). It's 14 years old, the other 2 are gonna die soon anyway.

Get the kit in, and new spindles are way different than stock. New blades are 100% straight and not the dip down at the end style this mower uses. Much online searching and this is the updated spindle replacing previous part number.

Had I just ordered one, the center blade would be cutting 1.5" lower than the outers.

20240807_142449.jpg
Lube spindles on the mower before next use. Got it.:flipoff2:

I fought the building department, and I won!!! :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

I ordered and am having installed a metal carport to use on ag land as ag equipment storage. The carport company called the building department and was told I'd need a permit because the building is 3/4 enclosed. I said no, and even sent the company the exemption rules from the counties website.

The cvnt at the building department kept insisting I had to have a permit. For a fucking shed.

I went down there today and called the carport company and put her on speaker as I asked the head cheese (male) to explain to me how my building required a permit.

"The rules clearly say on your website that a building 600 sq ft used for storage of ag equipment is exempt".

He said "yes, you're right. You don't need a permit for an ag storage building so long as there are no utilities".

Cvnt lady gets a glare from me.

The lady from the carport piped up "ok great, that's all I need. I will get your install scheduled".

:grinpimp:

1000010584.jpg

What do you guys figger this structure is going to be?

Wife and I are concerned it's going to be chickens, but kinda thinking/hoping not, it's pretty small. I'm starting to think some kind of shed/greenhouse?

I could always go ask them but like, he's been building this thing with a fucking hand saw, eyeballing measurements, no miters, and I think I saw a regular ass screwdriver, so I'd rather not get involved lol

What do you guys figger this structure is going to be?

Wife and I are concerned it's going to be chickens, but kinda thinking/hoping not, it's pretty small. I'm starting to think some kind of shed/greenhouse?

I could always go ask them but like, he's been building this thing with a fucking hand saw, eyeballing measurements, no miters, and I think I saw a regular ass screwdriver, so I'd rather not get involved lol
IDK but the more I look the worse it gets, like impressively worse.

Top Back Refresh