What's new

Useless things about your day!

Got to work at 1am, need cooler ambient temperatures to run an EPA cert test on an engine so large we don't have air handler capacity to artificially cool the intake air. After fighting with emissions equipment for several hours I'm finally running the test, yay!
FYI this engine is ~9400ci, so a bag of ice on the manifold ain't gonna work, before you suggest that:flipoff2:

Got to work at 1am, need cooler ambient temperatures to run an EPA cert test on an engine so large we don't have air handler capacity to artificially cool the intake air. After fighting with emissions equipment for several hours I'm finally running the test, yay!
FYI this engine is ~9400ci, so a bag of ice on the manifold ain't gonna work, before you suggest that:flipoff2:
three bags of ice on the intake manifold, duh

Came up to a stop light and was fucking around and all of sudden "whack"! Dumb fuck low speed bumped into me. REALLY? Ran up the street 1/8th mile and dude was following me until I parked annnnnnnnd dude flipped a bitch and took off. I start chasing him and got behind a slow bitch and couldn't see where he turned. He got a green light and I lost him. :shaking:

Came up to a stop light and was fucking around and all of sudden "whack"! Dumb fuck low speed bumped into me. REALLY? Ran up the street 1/8th mile and dude was following me until I parked annnnnnnnd dude flipped a bitch and took off. I start chasing him and got behind a slow bitch and couldn't see where he turned. He got a green light and I lost him. :shaking:

I got hit today in the highway, it slowed down to stopped getting off at the exit, exit is on the left. Bitch not paying attention hits me probably only 15 mph or so. I let off break when I knew she was going to hit me. Pulled off her car was pretty fucked impaled herself on the hitch. I didn’t get any damage besides some scuffs on the bumper, having truck go to the shop to see about frame damage. Kind of hoping it gets totaled and I can buy it back cheap as a work beater and get a new truck as dedicated “nice” work truck.

Last edited:
I got hit today in the highway, it slowed down to stopped getting off at the exit, exit is on the left. Bitch not paying attention hits me probably only 15 mph or so. I let off break when I knew she was going to hit me. Pulled off her car was pretty fucked impaled herself on the hitch. I don’t get any damage besides some scuffs on the bumper, having truck go to the show to see about frame damage. Kind of hoping it gets totaled and I can buy it back cheap as a work beater and get a new truck as dedicated “nice” work truck.
You are going to be sore tomorrow.

You need a turbo!!
Keep pushing that. I need one and want to....

It's almost pathetic to even mention, I just heard the metal to metal (my tube bumper and their chrome stock 2000 ish 1500 Silverado ) making contact and a slllllight push forward. I was on a hill so I was on the brakes anyways . I can't find any impact zone. Shit that pisses me off is they wouldn't have even said "sorry man". Probably drunk or has previous infractions.

Grnjp92 quite content with this truck and its filling a ton of needs for me right now. I dont want anything else, i love this gen Tacoma especially consodering arse_sidewards fucking hates them (he loves ford ranger's of the same era).

I was hit in the same fashion about 10 years ago. Dude "didn't see me" on the next light over which led to me pulling over dude came in crashing over the curb. He was hammered and others were already on the phone with police. Apparently he crashed into the chiropractic sign on main and somehow got behind me heading home. I got 700 for damages from insurance on that one. Fucked my insurance cause "I was in an accident." They thought I was at fault for some god damn reason.

We will see, it wasn’t that hard of a hit and I saw her coming. Said to myself funk she’s going to hit me. I’ve had harder “hits” plowing snow, might have a little in the neck but who knows.

Would be interesting to see how much harsher her hit was in a 4k civic bs the 8-9k I was rolling at today. If I didn’t have a hitch she would have submarined to the rear axle I think.

Edit, good lord my autocorrect is terrible today.

Finally got some real work today for the first time in forever. Put a fuel pump in and 03 F250 gasser, did some wiring repair, and some trans work. Sitting here burning a burger in the backyard on a nice quiet night where my neighbors aren't home and recounting my day.

Remembered I didn't reconnect the fucking fuel filler hoses. :homer:

Fuck.

Irritates me when a business ignores email when their website has it clearly listed AND even a contact us form.

Finally got ahold of a local steel roofing place after they kept ignoring calls and emails.
"Oh... yeah, we don't do email"

WTF!, how about remove that off your site then? Or better yet, answer emails like a normal business.

And it's not like the site is a thrown together boomer special "we got a website" deal from 1998 on Geocities or something

Grnjp92 quite content with this truck and its filling a ton of needs for me right now. I dont want anything else, i love this gen Tacoma especially considering arse_sidewards fucking hates them (he loves ford ranger's of the same era).
I don't hate them any more than I hate a SW2 or Taurus wagon. I hate people stupid enough to think that a 4-5" (at its tallest section) frame and ball joints that fuck off if you don't keep on top of them are somehow the pinnacle of compact pickups when there were other OEMs at the same time making shit that's got a ~7" frame and stock suspension that won't fail in inconvenient ways with no warning. Say what you want about the S10 but at least a big engine drops right into it. The Tacoma and the Hardbody are basically irrelevant also-rans. Getting exited about them would be like me going on about my Lesbarus being awesome when the domestic wagons are objectively more capable and the German wagons are objectively nicer.

I don't hate them any more than I hate a SW2 or Taurus wagon. I hate people stupid enough to think that a 4-5" (at its tallest section) frame and ball joints that fuck off if you don't keep on top of them are somehow the pinnacle of compact pickups when there were other OEMs at the same time making shit that's got a ~7" frame and stock suspension that won't fail in inconvenient ways with no warning. Say what you want about the S10 but at least a big engine drops right into it. The Tacoma and the Hardbody are basically irrelevant also-rans. Getting exited about them would be like me going on about my Lesbarus being awesome when the domestic wagons are objectively more capable and the German wagons are objectively nicer.

Doing this once a year or during an oil change is sooooooooooooo inconvenient.

:flipoff2:

Go grab breakfast with dad this morning.

Was waiting for our food when everything on the counter blew off of it. Waitress opened the blinds and there is a chrysler 300 sticking out of the cinderblock wall.

She goes outside and chews his ass for a few. Then the old fart came inside, sat down and ordered breakfast:laughing:

Was waiting for our food when everything on the counter blew off of it. Waitress opened the blinds and there is a chrysler 300 sticking out of the cinderblock wall.

She goes outside and chews his ass for a few. Then the old fart came inside, sat down and ordered breakfast:laughing:
That’s a win:smokin:

7" of frame thats scraping the ground at 4x4 stock height. I am starting to like late 80's S10's though. :rainbow:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Bird is the word

20240801_160446.jpg

I cut my chin when shaving this morning, haven’t done that since forever.
I haven't cut myself shaving in over 25 years 'cause I don't shave. Whomever invented dragging sharp assed knives across your face first thing early in the morning should be exhumed, his body chopped into little bitty pieces, and then burned. :mad3: I use a little set of "manscape" clippers to keep it short, but NO razors, etc. I might be tempted to slit my own throat... :homer: :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh