What's new

Useless things about your day!

So whats up with this BS?

20240318_123950.jpg

lol sitting in a grocery store parking lot with a fucked water pump waiting for my brother to pick me up. The suburban let me down tonight :lmao:. I Though the belt squeak was the idler pulley which I picked up today. Apparently my in car noise diagnostic skills are not that good :lmao:.
Speaking of belt problems, all the women in the office must have synced up because three of them asked me to diagnose or double check diagnosis for that in the past couple days. :laughing:

lol sitting in a grocery store parking lot with a fucked water pump waiting for my brother to pick me up. The suburban let me down tonight :lmao:. I Though the belt squeak was the idler pulley which I picked up today. Apparently my in car noise diagnostic skills are not that good :lmao:.

I changed the idler on the toyota for the same thing. Not to long after the water pump shit itself when I swung by my shop on the weekend. Couldnt have timed it any better:grinpimp:

Been there, done that. Years ago in my old Jeep thought I knew the noise- turns out I was wrong. Pulled into work and a few minutes later everyone was asking what was going on under my jeep. Water pump was the noise, and it was a glorious mess in the parking lot. Pretty sure I used more $ in pig mats to clean up the mess than I did fixing the water pump ha.

Kid got a new bicycle the other day, sold a stride bike he hasn't fit on for many years for $20 to recoup some cost. Kid asked for a dime as a seller fee :homer: fortunately, we bartered and settled on a nickle

rolled a 1 damned near 3 times in a row. Managed to break my javelin and get killed to death by a mob of tiny weaklings :shaking:

mememe_34842b03c91e3f85246e9aa10aabc627-1-480x608.jpg

il_570xN.3423030512_l2dc.jpg

Saw a big lifted black widow F250 or whatever flip a bitch over the small bermed median on the hwy instead of going another 50 ft where there was a roundabout. I are questioning his antics.

Oiled the trailer deck. Tossed my back out on the first board and was too stubborn to stop :homer:

Looks decent. Gotta get the sides of the boards on the next pass.

Shopping for trucks online now that I'm an invalid.

Cracked the hard line coming back from the hydraulic pump on my backhoe while digging this evening. I smelled hydraulic oil, didn't spot the leak, took a couple more scoops and saw the rain coming down next to the engine.

Still had enough pressure with the leak to fold up the hoe and outriggers and left a small trail down the road back to the shop. The neighbors will probably laugh when they see the trail of shame.

blew a charge cooler pipe today, only a couple miles from home which was cool
well, I guess it isn't a charge cooler pipe since I got rid of the intercooler
whatever

piece of old radiator hose soaked in oil lasted like three years, 25 psi and half an inch from the exhaust manifold
I cobbled together another temporary hose just as it started snowing and got dark
we'll see if it gets an intercooler, probably won't

blew a charge cooler pipe today, only a couple miles from home which was cool
well, I guess it isn't a charge cooler pipe since I got rid of the intercooler
whatever

piece of old radiator hose soaked in oil lasted like three years, 25 psi and half an inch from the exhaust manifold
I cobbled together another temporary hose just as it started snowing and got dark
we'll see if it gets an intercooler, probably won't
Stock intercoolers don't like 25psi. I blew the top cap off one as I was passing some old lady. Sounded like a shotgun going off. Scared the shit out of that poor old lady. She probably has a fear of beetles now.

I "fixed" that problem by putting 2 large hoseclamps around the next one to keep the endcaps in place :lmao:

Stock intercoolers don't like 25psi. I blew the top cap off one as I was passing some old lady. Sounded like a shotgun going off. Scared the shit out of that poor old lady. She probably has a fear of beetles now.

I "fixed" that problem by putting 2 large hoseclamps around the next one to keep the endcaps in place :lmao:
I've just found that these specific ones are really restrictive (stock compressor inducer is what like 30mm? fuckin silly), and a lot more plumbing

know the best way to get rid of your vane control issues? write the boost request map to all atmospheric pressure, then let the MAP sensor dangle from its wires
cobble in whatever wastegated turbo you've got of reasonable size (small housing HX35s work well) because they're just better

I fucked up. I really should have gotten the process rolling earlier, and now I'm really screwed. My wife is pissed, my kids are pissed, and there is literally absolutely nothing I can do about it.

The long simmer is the worst part of making gutter runner's soup.

1000010397.jpg
That's not an after work dinner throw together.:lmao:

Out in the woods shooting today and a Sherriff pops out of the bushes like a fucking ninja. He tells me I can't shoot where I am and it's a $50 fine if I continue shooting. I tell him to write the ticket up because I'm not going to stop. He ambles off up the trail to where I parked and I'm expecting to get my fine when I get back to the car about 15 minutes later.

He was nowhere to be found.

I guess the crown was too busy to collect their fuck you tax today.

Out in the woods shooting today and a Sherriff pops out of the bushes like a fucking ninja. He tells me I can't shoot where I am and it's a $50 fine if I continue shooting. I tell him to write the ticket up because I'm not going to stop. He ambles off up the trail to where I parked and I'm expecting to get my fine when I get back to the car about 15 minutes later.

He was nowhere to be found.

I guess the crown was too busy to collect their fuck you tax today.
Find out what standing he had to say that, and if none sue the fucking department for harassment.

Top Back Refresh