What's new

Useless things about your day!

Its winter, shit is cold. Toss a can of paint into a coffee can of hot water for 5 mins. It makes a big difference
Almost 70° here today, but I always 'pre heat' my paint cans in the winter, I also will lick the painted surface with the propane torch to take the chill/moisture out of it. It is the cans themselves lately. (and yes I know not to get them too hot, just take the chill out of them)

Attachments

• unnamed (66).jpg
    unnamed (66).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
got a 15k trailer that needs little tiny 14.5s, but the only ones you can get any more are 8.00s and they're too wide to fit in there without unbolting the leaf spring to wedge them in there
They made some absolutely retarded 15s for tag trailers back in the day.

I've always wanted to try running aircraft tires. I bet with enough test and tune (and changing tires on the side of the road) you could figure out just exactly what you can get away with.

They made some absolutely retarded 15s for tag trailers back in the day.

I've always wanted to try running aircraft tires. I bet with enough test and tune (and changing tires on the side of the road) you could figure out just exactly what you can get away with.
They won't shed the heat over time. Quick trips, they're probably good for way more weight than any of us could ever manage. Take off to Nevada and you're fucked.

Worked... ish, but seems like using a normal seal driver or a socket would have worked just as well. Enough room to swing a hammer
Almost 70° here today, but I always 'pre heat' my paint cans in the winter, I also will lick the painted surface with the propane torch to take the chill/moisture out of it. It is the cans themselves lately. (and yes I know not to get them too hot, just take the chill out of them)

Jeez, isn't even 70* inside here! -32* right now. Allegedly -51* real feel, but there's not even a breeze so dunno.

Screenshot_20240312-151908_Wunderground.jpg

My Dad used to put paint cans on the wood stove to warm up. Till he got distracted and forgot one.

Was like that Mr Bean episode where he paints his apartment with a firecracker in the paint can.

Heard the BOOOM from in the garage and knew it was going to be bad.
There's still signs of it and this was probably 15 years and several garage wall and ceiling paint jobs ago.

And new rubber for the trailer. Will work for the time being, and then I will have some spares.... spray bombing the dirty wheels and then they are getting slapped on. They did do a bit better on the price. Out the door was like $812, still dumb pricing for off brand tires, but we live in stupid times and it's just $$. :lmao:

I see you went the cheap way out :flipoff2:

Weapons grade ADHD is great for being good at things they want to be good at.

Will he take instruction, or is he just fuckin doing it?
He's at lessons in the video. The teacher speaks highly of him, but he's off/on with instruction. If he gets shown something he wants to do, he's all in... the repetitive metronome stuff it's hard to keep him focused.

picked up an 06 sd front yesterday for 400. now to order some parts for it and decide what to put it in. I have this 72 fj40, but its a factory softop and in decent shape so I might just sell it. I also have another 72 fj40 thats just from the cowl forward. we cut it thru the floor and frame because the back half was rusted off from being a plow truck in mass. that way I can make the wheelbase longer also. half 40, half tube buggy I guess.

Attachments

• 72fjf.jpg
    72fjf.jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 72fj.jpg
    72fj.jpg
    740.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 06sd.jpg
    06sd.jpg
    956.4 KB · Views: 10
Just came across a little snippet that BC Parks updated their generator use policy. Not that I would ever actually stay in a BC Parks campground, but this caught my attention:

We encourage campers to explore alternative power sources such as solar generators and portable power stations. These options can be used at any time of day

Gee, BC Parks, thanks for letting me use the sun and my fucking battery :shaking:

Just came across a little snippet that BC Parks updated their generator use policy. Not that I would ever actually stay in a BC Parks campground, but this caught my attention:

We encourage campers to explore alternative power sources such as solar generators and portable power stations. These options can be used at any time of day

Gee, BC Parks, thanks for letting me use the sun and my fucking battery :shaking:
Last I checked a solar generator is a light.

:confused:

so you cant use your genny, or you just cant use it at night?
I can't remember the exact hours but it's 2 hrs mid morning and 2 hrs in the afternoon. You can't hear my Honda at 20 feet away but they will flip out if they figure out it's running. Rule was put into place because of all the dummies running neighbor hater generators at all hours.

I never could figure out why anyone would run one of those things while camping, If it deafens me 200' away it's gotta be Van Halen in 1986 loud in your own campsite.

Wok up Monday to Sciatica pain, my L3, 4 and 5 are all ruptured, been many years since thats happened. Came home that night to a puking and shitting wife, by midnight I joined her. Shitting my guts out and I opened the window next to the toilet incase I puked so I could do a 2 for 1, I didn't thankfully.
Today, she's right as rain and my guts still fooked. My backs not great but much better after stretching as much as I could stand. I'm fawking wore out.

:confused:

so you cant use your genny, or you just cant use it at night?
Limited hours - you can use a gen from 9 to 11 in the morning and 6 to 8 at night, or something like that
I just found it funny that they felt the need to add you can use the sun and batteries whenever you want

Limited hours - you can use a gen from 9 to 11 in the morning and 6 to 8 at night, or something like that
I just found it funny that they felt the need to add you can use the sun and batteries whenever you want
A generator is literally a "portable power station". :laughing:

I was looking for an old email and found one from my dad - same name, similar email from 2011 before he passed. Found a few, here are 2 for your enjoyment

First one I Saw

Untitled video - Made with Clipchamp.gif

2nd

Have You Ever Danced?
An old prospector shuffled into the town of El Indio , Texas leading an old tired mule. The old man headed straight for the only saloon in town, to clear his parched throat. He walked up to the saloon and tied his old mule to the hitch rail. As he stood there, brushing some of the dust from his face and clothes, a young gunslinger stepped out of the saloon with a gun in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other.

The young gunslinger looked at the old man and laughed, saying, "Hey old man, have you ever danced?" The old man looked up at the gunslinger and said, "No, I never did dance... never really wanted to."

A crowd had gathered as the gunslinger grinned and said, "Well, you old fool, you're gonna' dance now," and started shooting at the old man's feet. The old prospect or, not wanting to get a toe blown off, started hopping around like a flea on a hot skillet. Everybody was laughing, fit to be tied.

When his last bullet had been fired, the young gunslinger, still laughing, holstered his gun and turned around to go back into the saloon. The old man turned to his pack mule, pulled out a double-barreled shotgun, and cocked both hammers. The loud clicks carried clearly through the desert air.

The crowd stopped laughing immediately. The young gunslinger heard the sounds too, and he turned around very slowly. The silence was almost deafening. The crowd watched as the young gunman stared at the old timer and the large gaping holes of those twin barrels.

The barrels of the shotgun never wavered in the old man's hands, as he quietly said, "Son, have you ever kissed a mule's ass?"

The gunslinger swallowed hard and said, "No sir..... but... I've always wanted to."

There are a few lessons for us all here:

Never be arrogant.

Don't waste ammunition.

Whiskey makes you think you're smarter than you are.

Always, always make sure you know who has the power.

Don't mess with old men, they didn't get old by being stupid.

I just love a story with a happy ending, don't you?

I can't remember the exact hours but it's 2 hrs mid morning and 2 hrs in the afternoon. You can't hear my Honda at 20 feet away but they will flip out if they figure out it's running. Rule was put into place because of all the dummies running neighbor hater generators at all hours.

I never could figure out why anyone would run one of those things while camping, If it deafens me 200' away it's gotta be Van Halen in 1986 loud in your own campsite.
1/3 the upfront price is why, and I can leave it affixed outside and nobody will try to steal it

Top Back Refresh