What's new

Useless things about your day!

Someone at work shit out a kid this morning and called them Pippin-Maple

78 emails on congrats. And I'm holding back writing one that says WTF name is that? I wouldn't even call a dog that.

Someone at work shit out a kid this morning and called them Pippin-Maple

78 emails on congrats. And I'm holding back writing one that says WTF name is that? I wouldn't even call a dog that.
My wife worked at a day care that had a kid named Abcde. Supposedly its pronounced "ab-city"

Another kid named Jet Weston. That's a fucking power name for sure.

Dug out the chick's car this morning, so she could get out of the way of her plowguy. Came home, buddy of mine did a pass with the plow last night, so only 8 inches of snow on my driveway. I'll let it melt lol.

I don't even know where to start.

GF took the dogs out for a rip up to the gravel pit (which I have told her not to) and a groceries run. She left her phone at home (which I have told her not to) and on her way home she hears the click click click of something in her tire (which she ignores) and keeps on truckin'. She gets a TPMS warning right about the point of no return (big hill, curvy and not really room to pull over)

Now I know what I would do and I know what you all would do and you all can guess by now what she did.

A couple of miles at speed to get home:shaking:

She calls me up bawling about it, I choke back the angry in me and when I get home I explain all of the things that could have happened doing that and how lucky she is the rim seems ok. I one last time explained the importance of having your phone with you as well. More bawling ensues.

Tires are half wore out and her Dad has her convinced she needs 4 because 4WD. I told her 2 and if he's so sure let him buy the other 2.:laughing:

I am impressed a little though, I personally haven't in all my 40 some years of driving tore up a tire that bad. I might just mount it up on a piece of plywood and put it on the garage wall so she can look at it every time she leaves and comes home.:laughing:

image000000(1).jpg

When was the last time Ford made anything with 4 lugs.

I thought that shit died with the Tempo. :laughing:

meh, way better to thrash a cheap tire/wheel then to pull over in a shitty spot.

If she didn't even realize she was driving on a flat, that's another thing.

meh, way better to thrash a cheap tire/wheel then to pull over in a shitty spot.

If she didn't even realize she was driving on a flat, that's another thing.
I agree but she knew it was flat before she got to a bad spot. She actually had to pass a chain up pull out to get to that bad spot. I think she kept on going because she had no way to call me.

I am impressed a little though, I personally haven't in all my 40 some years of driving tore up a tire that bad. I might just mount it up on a piece of plywood and put it on the garage wall so she can look at it every time she leaves and comes home.:laughing:

image000000(1).jpg
My dad mounted a prop on the wall from when a friend went a little too close to shore after explaining about all the rocks. Took one blade clean off and mangled the other two. It has been hanging in the same spot for probably 15 years now for his friend to be reminded of every time he comes out. We get to laugh about it now.

gee.. a .50 plug or buy 2 new tires...

And on top of this, nobody who's capable of understanding where is and isn't a safe place to pull over and change a tire is also incapable of finding one.

If you have your eyes open and a brain between your ears you can probably fine a safe enough spot in the Boston tunnels.

My thought of the day. If you wear a backpack on your front side is it called a “frontpack” or a “chestpack”? The determining factor is whether a backpack is called such because it goes on your back or it goes on your back side. I may never sleep again as I try to solve this.

You sound old as fuck! She got a flat and drove it out. Big fucking deal. Take a shot of metamucil and chilax a lil there pops:laughing:
No shit. I blew a tire about 2 miles from a tire shop. I just drove the fucker there and handed the tire jockey my keys. He asked if I wanted a roller to put it on the rack, I said no just call me when your done.

Top Back Refresh