What's new

Useless things about your day!

So I've been eying out r/c crawlers (TRX-4) for awhile. Driving home with kiddo yesterday, I asked him if remote control cars was something he'd like. I want a remote GRAVE DIGGER VROOOM VROOOM. I asked about his motorcycle and if he'd like to ride it when we got home. Nope. I don't like it.

The thing has been sitting there for two months now. I need to kick it over tonight just to get it flowing. I'm tired of moving it around the shop. I asked kiddo if he was ok with me selling it, and maybe getting two r/c trucks to drive with. That's all he talked about last night, was the r/c trucks.

So I'm going to get rid of the XR50. Just not his thing. It would be neat if we had a little hobby to do together, and the r/c may be it. Get a TRX4 for myself, and maybe a little Grave Digger truck for him so we could drive together. We have the perfect yard and area for it.

Just a quick plug-

If you're interested in what the absolute limits of human physical ability may be, or kinda like the loser that becomes a winner type story, get David Goggins book 'Can't Hurt Me'.

I can't read, so I do audio books. I've just finished this one for the 3rd time. Holy fucking shit would be a good description. In a few months, I'll probably "read" it again.

Hard times are coming. This is good prep material.

Just a quick plug-

If you're interested in what the absolute limits of human physical ability may be, or kinda like the loser that becomes a winner type story, get David Goggins book 'Can't Hurt Me'.

I can't read, so I do audio books. I've just finished this one for the 3rd time. Holy fucking shit would be a good description. In a few months, I'll probably "read" it again.

Hard times are coming. This is good prep material.
Great book. I’ve read it twice and bought a copy for each of my kids. David Goggins can’t be human.

Great book. I’ve read it twice and bought a copy for each of my kids. David Goggins can’t be human.
The dude's an alien.

Sometimes I think about my back being fucked up, my knee hurting etc... I read that book again and all of the sudden my shit don't hurt that bad.

:laughing:

The dude's an alien.

Sometimes I think about my back being fucked up, my knee hurting etc... I read that book again and all of the sudden my shit don't hurt that bad.

:laughing:
No shit. Makes me feel bad when I take the four wheeler to check the mail. :laughing:

Are you familiar with Cameron Hanes? He’s another alien.

So I've been eying out r/c crawlers (TRX-4) for awhile. Driving home with kiddo yesterday, I asked him if remote control cars was something he'd like. I want a remote GRAVE DIGGER VROOOM VROOOM. I asked about his motorcycle and if he'd like to ride it when we got home. Nope. I don't like it.

The thing has been sitting there for two months now. I need to kick it over tonight just to get it flowing. I'm tired of moving it around the shop. I asked kiddo if he was ok with me selling it, and maybe getting two r/c trucks to drive with. That's all he talked about last night, was the r/c trucks.

So I'm going to get rid of the XR50. Just not his thing. It would be neat if we had a little hobby to do together, and the r/c may be it. Get a TRX4 for myself, and maybe a little Grave Digger truck for him so we could drive together. We have the perfect yard and area for it.

Shipping to 78003 on thr XR50? :grinpimp:

Hoping my friend gets hired where I work. He applied today. And no, not as a deckhand 🤣

FYI I have something that I built a few years back that has been collecting dust. Probably still have all the paperwork too. Probably have $700 + in it. PM me a number and I'll send you some pics. I'll let it go cheap. Just never really got back into it like when I was a kid.

I have gotten into the little Chinese 49 cc scooters / mopeds this year.

Anytime I have to run an errand I take one.

Because there is so much traffic here I can actually get places 2-3x faster than taking a car.

I decided to make my personal one a bit faster

Look at all this goodness

That is an 80 cc big bore kit, head with the big valves (lol), big ass camshaft, larger carburetor, new CDI and coil.

Everything there was $150 delivered (super lol)

PXL_20211009_202348193.jpg

I should get the time sometime next week to install it all.

DWT - you just mess with mini-bikes, right?

The little GY6 motors are pretty fun as well.

The girlfriend has a friend over.

I casually mentioned on my way through the downstairs that I had an infected cut on my arm and I was going to deal with it and now both of those dumb bitches are talking nonstop about how I need to put a band-aid on it, get numbing cream and push all the pus out, etc, etc, etc.

I want to shoot both these dumb bitches. Just shut the fuck up and let me deal with it. :mad3:
Tell them it takes 2 to suck the poison out and see where it goes. Either awesome for you or awesome for us:lmao:

The steering gear stripped out on my riding mower last weekend. My yard is really too small for it anyway and a push mower is almost faster to use. Well I had pulled 2 self propelled mowers out the dumpster at work over the past few weeks. Both fired up with a shot of starting fluid so assumed ethanol was to blame. One is a 10ish year old Honda (pull start was broken too) and the other is a year or two old craftsman

Finally got my ultrasonic cleaner out of storage so pulled both carbs and dunked them for a few hours. The Honda didnt run after but it's carb looked like it had been full of water so it's probably junk. The craftsman fired up on the first pull but had a wicked vibration. Flipped it over and the output shaft had a mean bend in it. A few love taps from the 10 lb sledge had it decent enough. The blade on it still had the paint on the leading edge.

20211009_112901-L.jpg

20211009_112857-L.jpg

20211009_113834-XL.jpg

Those old aluminum deck Hondas are where it's at. Clean the carb and go. (Or send me parts off it)

Anyone around Portland, OR bought tube recently? 1.75x.120 specifically. Found a dude that has a design for an EB cage I like. He won’t sell me the bend tech file and I’ve got more things more pressing than bending tube and trying to figure out shit. I was never a fan of bending. I only want the A-C hoops. Told him I’m traveling to WA in 2 weeks and driving so I could pick it up if he bent them. Told me it’s been so long since he bought tube that he couldn’t even give me a price. He did the cage years ago and doesn’t do it for a living.

Hit 2 nails at once while carving yesterday. WFO on the cut. Had to re profile every fucking tooth. Cuts real good now though :lmao:

ETA: These are mill rejects and I have found every nail before those with my wand:lmao::homer: If they get rejected they reject the one before and one after. Either way small price to pay for free cedar. Some of it is fucking amazing. Straight mostly clear. A few I am going to use for table slabs. Cut them like 3” thick and then the slow dry. Hopefully have my solar kiln built next summer. Have the multiwall polycarbonate for the roof. Need some fans still but should have all the parts by mext summer.

Last edited:
Trees that are headed to my sawmill, especially along property lines, i hit with a metal detector. Saved me a dollar or 2.

Trees that are headed to my sawmill, especially along property lines, i hit with a metal detector. Saved me a dollar or 2.
Yea. I need a better one. Been using a security wand. They were in the middle of what appeared to be 2 trees into one in a bark inclusion in the fucking middle. Oh well time to amazon one.

Decided to take 30min and swap out my high beam lenses on my 379. I have leds in my low beams, which are wired backwards :homer: so I have to switch my high beams on to make the low beams work. So now I have all leds :smokin: shit is fuckin bright.

Decided to take 30min and swap out my high beam lenses on my 379. I have leds in my low beams, which are wired backwards :homer: so I have to switch my high beams on to make the low beams work. So now I have all leds :smokin: shit is fuckin bright.
Great, another semi going down the road with shitty lights blinding everyone coming at them.

Great, another semi going down the road with shitty lights blinding everyone coming at them.
Yup, hilbilly is a twat if hes just changing out bulbs from halogen to LED. With any luck the DOT cracks down on big rigs for that crap more than passenger vehicles? I hate to wish state interaction on anyone, but shitty headlights are super unsafe.

Yea fuck us for being able to see wtf is in front of us while moving 80k lbs at 60+ mph.

Did you happen to think that maybe I might actually have mine adjusted so that they dont blind oncoming crybaby karens?

Lets also ignore the fact that there are WAY more dipshits running bright as fuck non adjusted leds in their cars, brodozer trucks, fagmo jeeps, etc.

Yup, hilbilly is a twat if hes just changing out bulbs from halogen to LED. With any luck the DOT cracks down on big rigs for that crap more than passenger vehicles? I hate to wish state interaction on anyone, but shitty headlights are super unsafe.

All my shit is DOT approved :flipoff2:

Also you ****s should go ahead and stop buying anything that is delivered by truck.

Top Back Refresh