What's new

Useless things about your day!

Over time just got posted for next weekend. Been planing a trip for a month now. Not sure to tell them to get fucked. If I have to have my vacation request in a month a head of time then they can do the same because I'm not planing my life week to week. ......Or work the graveyard get off at 3am sat then leave for my trip then. Fucking them out of ten hours of nothing getting done.

Well, fuck this market, I'm out. Auction this morning was full retard and I'm over it. I've cashed out and not playing this game. Hopefully some shit goes down this summer and it either normalizes or tanks. I'm hoping the latter.

I'm going to spend the next ~90 days in the Hamptons, yall have fun working in this fucked up economy.
Which one? I spent a summer there once in Bridgehampton. Just down the street from Paul Newmans track. I loved going to Sag Harbor :) Lot's of corporate yachts in the harbor for the "help" to use and the scenery was :smokin:

Which one? I spent a summer there once in Bridgehampton. Just down the street from Paul Newmans track. I loved going to Sag Harbor :) Lot's of corporate yachts in the harbor for the "help" to use and the scenery was :smokin:

Montauk, technically east hampton township.

My inlaws are locals and own a marina/bar. My wife already went up and I've been hanging back. Going to spend the next few days tying up loose ends then going up. I'll be making a few trips back and forth but plan to come back after a wedding in Sept.

Montauk, technically east hampton township.

My inlaws are locals and own a marina/bar. My wife already went up and I've been hanging back. Going to spend the next few days tying up loose ends then going up. I'll be making a few trips back and forth but plan to come back after a wedding in Sept.
Awesome you lucky bastid :flipoff2:
When I was there (84 ish) you could ride a quad on the beach before 09:00 and after 18:00 hrs I was always amazed at how the beach changed on a daily basis.
Have fun, I remember watching the 4th fireworks from the beach, it was a great sight for a country bumpkin like me :lmao:

Awesome you lucky bastid :flipoff2:
When I was there (84 ish) you could ride a quad on the beach before 09:00 and after 18:00 hrs I was always amazed at how the beach changed on a daily basis.
Have fun, I remember watching the 4th fireworks from the beach, it was a great sight for a country bumpkin like me :lmao:

If you ever went to a "dive bar" there, it belonged to my wifes family. Opened in 1980 IIRC.

I've seen pics of all their BGTs in the 80s on the beach. Even pics of them driving across the lake when it was frozen.

Cleetus posted a new video. I've missed the last two. I think I'm done caring anymore.

my car started smoking bad again
it fixed itself for a week or two, no idea why or how
oh well

gonna try taping up the rust holes in the hatch so it stops trying to gas the untermensch in the showers passenger compartment

There are very few operators I've met that I trust.

The engineers that design the equipment we sell tell us all the time that they have to make the equipment smarter and smarter every year because the quality of the operator declines just as fast.

In my line of work I stick with the "don't trust anyone but yourself with your safety" rule. Seems to work, I'm still alive and can cout to 20 with my fingers and toes. :smokin:

I'm going to spend the next ~90 days in the Hamptons, yall have fun working in this fucked up economy.

$20 says you don't last 60 days up there before you snap and want to get the fuck away from "those" kind of people......

Or you get arrested for punching some yuppie moron in the throat and get thrown out of the state......

Or you are a yuppie fuckstick like them and will fit right in..... 🤔

$20 says you don't last 60 days up there before you snap and want to get the fuck away from "those" kind of people......

Or you get arrested for punching some yuppie moron in the throat and get thrown out of the state......

You may be right, just had a 2 hour conversation with a truck/4x4 shop owner. i may just eat all my words and go work for someone else in a month.

Brought my camper home to clean it up, get it up for the pandemic premium sale or use it on the 4th.:usa:

20210609_135114.jpg

How long is that? I have access to a really nice 32' bumper pull for a price I cant beat. Not sure if the 150 could handle it though. may just buy it to resell...

How long is that? I have access to a really nice 32' bumper pull for a price I cant beat. Not sure if the 150 could handle it though. may just buy it to resell...
my pops drags a 24' shitpile behind a WJ
you just gotta use a WD hitch
ETA: he gets 8 mpg lol

Since noises are your thing FF to 10

One of the contractors leasing space from us has nothing but the second version in the vid. I still get complaints from the neighbors even with sound mats on the fence around the lot they are leasing. They are also the same fucking morons who have their earbuds in on their phones as they walk into a fenced yard with signage and then bitch when they almost get hit by said equipment. :homer:

my pops drags a 24' shitpile behind a WJ
you just gotta use a WD hitch
ETA: he gets 8 mpg lol

Guess I could, should I and would I feel comfortable dragging it into the sierras, probably not. Mileage isn't that big of a deal, I have my white privilege that gets me paid.:usa:

Does picking up a 22'+2' 9,990 GVWR deckover trailer for less than what a new set of tires for it would cost count for this thread, or should that go into the win thread?
Was told to make a stupid offer and it had to be gone by Friday. I made a stupid offer, it was accepted and I had it gone by Wednesday night.
Hasn't been on the road for ~14 years, needs a deck and tires, but it will be less work than the 8'x30' deckover one that I was going to cut down to about that size and add a dovetail to.
The 8'x30' will be for sale as soon as I get some lights put on it.

Aaron Z

Length 31.83 ft.
Dry Weight 6,710 lbs.
GVWR9,690 lbs. Hitch Weight890 lbs.

Probably close to what you're looking at.

The F150 is a 5.0 and it pulls it fine, The first F150 was the same truck but with the short bed and you could tell it was back there. I would like to say with this F150 you don't know it's back there but you do just a little bit depending on the condition of the road. I might add airbags later this summer just to firm it up a bit even though it's honestly fine without them.

It's a bit big for just the 2 of us but I am of the better to go big rather than wish for more room later kinda guy.:homer:

Length 31.83 ft.
Dry Weight 6,710 lbs.
GVWR9,690 lbs. Hitch Weight890 lbs.

Probably close to what you're looking at.

The F150 is a 5.0 and it pulls it fine, The first F150 was the same truck but with the short bed and you could tell it was back there. I would like to say with this F150 you don't know it's back there but you do just a little bit depending on the condition of the road. I might add airbags later this summer just to firm it up a bit even though it's honestly fine without them.

It's a bit big for just the 2 of us but I am of the better to go big rather than wish for more room later kinda guy.:homer:

Cool. I have the 2.7. Pulls the bronco just fine, probably about the same weight including trailer. I also have the brake controller and was thinking about adding airbags.:smokin:

My money is on 3.

He comes off like a yuppie fuckstick that got to the "buy hobby farm" phase of life.

Does picking up a 22'+2' 9,990 GVWR deckover trailer for less than what a new set of tires for it would cost count for this thread, or should that go into the win thread?
Was told to make a stupid offer and it had to be gone by Friday. I made a stupid offer, it was accepted and I had it gone by Wednesday night.
Hasn't been on the road for ~14 years, needs a deck and tires, but it will be less work than the 8'x30' deckover one that I was going to cut down to about that size and add a dovetail to.
The 8'x30' will be for sale as soon as I get some lights put on it.

Aaron Z
Are we talking about one of those tag trailers you usually see behind a dump truck with an excavator on it?

The antiquated ones go for $1k-3k all day long depending on how fast the owner wants it out of his yard.

Are we talking about one of those tag trailers you usually see behind a dump truck with an excavator on it?
The antiquated ones go for $1k-3k all day long depending on how fast the owner wants it out of his yard.
Nope, its the one in the back with the IBC tote cages on it:
1623429019236.png

The one in the front is the 8'x30' one that I was going to cut down and make into something similar, now going to either sell as is (needing a deck and tires), or throw a deck on it and sell it like that.

Aaron Z

Nope, its the one in the back with the IBC tote cages on it:
1623429019236.png

The one in the front is the 8'x30' one that I was going to cut down and make into something similar, now going to either sell as is (needing a deck and tires), or throw a deck on it and sell it like that.

Aaron Z
more pics and price of the 8*30' as it sits?

more pics and price of the 8*30' as it sits?
Thinking $1400 OBO (with new lights and brakes hooked up, working on that now), can get pictures when I get home.

Main frame is 6"x3"x3/16" tube, has cross members every 4' alternating between 3"x3"x3/16" and 3"x1"x3/16" tubes. Has 3-4 cross members (front, back, 1-2 in the middle) where the 3"x3" tube has a piece of 6"x3" welded underneath in between the frame tubes.

2 x 6K Dexter 6 bolt axles mounted on 3"x3"x1/4" channel that is bolted to the frame tubes, front axle has brakes, 1-2 spare tires.

Has a new 2 5/16" Curt 25330 14k coupler on the front, can come with a pintle ring as well (has a channel on the front and either could be bolted in, I installed the 2 5/16" coupler because I dont have anything that takes a pintle).

Has a 7 pin RV plug going to a junction box on the tongue, then it will have conduit going to a junction box in the toolbox.

Needs tires (they are round and hold air, but are mismatched and cracked enough I wouldn't trust them with weight on them) and a deck.

I was going to make it into a 22+2 dovetail trailer and put in channel or pallet racking beams halfway between the existing crossmembers and a pair of spare tire winches under the front corners of the deck, but when the other one became available just needing a deck and tires, I wasn't going to say no.

Aaron Z

77675.png

I thought someone had a snow groomer parked out front. that cab has to be 20' high. :laughing:

wow, that pic is small. :homer:

HOLY SHIT HELL! Our large herd of dogs just ran in here about 300mph chasing a damn roadrunner! 350lbs of dogs going batshit crazy after a pissed off bird in a 10 x 10 office can thrash a joint fast! Wooo! Hows that for some Friday afternoon excitement?

1623439434082.png

1623439446047.png

HOLY SHIT HELL! Our large herd of dogs just ran in here about 300mph chasing a damn roadrunner! 350lbs of dogs going batshit crazy after a pissed off bird in a 10 x 10 office can thrash a joint fast! Wooo! Hows that for some Friday afternoon excitement?

1623439434082.png

1623439446047.png
M92PV4U :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh