What's new

used F250 4x4 vs used f350 4x4

ArTi54N

YouTuber
Member Number
Loc
Republic of the Rio Grande
so I have a car right now.. which I have never taken down the 8-9 miles of gravel road leading up to the family ranch

I spend like 1/3 of my time at the ranch.. but at some point I'm going to move to the ranch full-time..

I have discussed my thoughts on maybe a gladiator or bronco.. however I think I want something with a full size bed..

I have lots of obvious questions.. like axle difference and horsepower difference..

I think I would like something 3-6 years old?? but I am just guessing..

I do plan on lifting it and getting

37 or 38 inch SSRs

gears (which ones)?

lockers (which ones?)

winch mount kits in the front and back.. so I can move the winch to the front or back

I've always liked warn winches

I'm thinking a King Ranch but thats not a requirement

I trust ya'lls opinions and thoughts more than researchin on some other site :)

no matter what you buy just make sure it has a sunroof :stirthepot:

Found him exactly the truck he wants.......... doesnt want it.

But he sure as shit finds a way to post one of his dumbass videos.

Buy a 7.3 Tremor. 35’s, locker and nice interior. F250 or F350. They are damn near the same for what you wanna do.

Clearly Thornbirds are superior to the SSRs. Else it doesn't really matter 250 or 350. drivetrain is basically identical, some minor differences in spring/block combo depending on package options. The real difference is stated GVW for legal and insurance purposes.

c160a1d6b4f647aff7168f31fb6391fe.jpg
you need this

so there used to be 2 pumps and each with its own tank at the ranch.. one of the pumps stopped working, and they want a fortune to fix the set up and there is no guarantee it will work.. so instead we have this medium-large tank on a trailer that we fill up at one huge water tank and use to fill up the other.. when we move out there, we may tempt to get it fixed, but yeah... hauling the water around is easier with a stronger truck..

thats the main reason I want a 250 or a 350

hauling the water around is easier with a stronger truck..

thats the main reason I want a 250 or a 350

Go down to Chicano Motors on the east side off airport holmes. Theyll hook you up real good. Only need down payment and pay stub. Then run over to rent-a-tire and get you some swampers wey.

Go down to Chicano Motors on the east side off airport holmes. Theyll hook you up real good. Only need down payment and pay stub. Then run over to rent-a-tire and get you some swampers wey.

hahaha.. just being bored I googled it.. I dont live in Arizona..

seriously people, whats the difference.. beyond engine performance

for what I need, I think a 250 will do..

Either will be fine, add timbrens or airbags and call it macaroni.

hahaha.. just being bored I googled it.. I dont live in Arizona..

for what I need, I think a 250 will do..

Have you done any research?

Or read any of the replies?

Already answered in post # neuvo.

I already typed it out for you , can you not read?
There is a thing called the internet, you can use it to find existing basic information. Suggest putting just a tiny amount of your own effort into a search.

you started off praising thornbirds.. and you expected me to take you seriously?

yes you should as he already spoon feed you the answer to your dumb ass question, only thing missing was some air plane sounds while he did it :homer:

The fucking springs are the only difference between a srw f350 and a f250. Axles are the same. Engine is the exact same. Transmission is the same. Transfer case, same. There might be different gear options available, I don’t know because I don’t buy new shit. The only things they change are the springs, the emblem on the fenders, and the mother fucking sticker on the door listing gvwr.

I’d highly encourage you to spend your down payment money on a vasectomy instead of a truck. Just to eliminate the chance of you breeding with some inbred, Down’s syndrome having truck slut that there is the tiniest of tiny chance of you conning into fornicating with you once you do manage to save up enough of your assistance checks to once again consider purchasing a truck.

Actually some of the newer shot has different axles depending on engine and 3/4 ton or 1 ton:flipoff2:

I know the 450+ were rocking Dana axles. What are they running in the 350s now instead of the 10.5? Dana 80s?

And just to clarify, you have no objection to the rest of my statement, correct?

:flipoff2:

They're offering some of the "metric" Dana's in the 250s and 350s depending on options.

Well, I guess I’ll have to start doing some research on them in about 10 years when guys start parting those trucks out.

I’m guessing Ford is stuffing them in the 6.7s and maybe the 7.3s? I know truck pull guys have consistent issues with the 10.5, and I could see some warranty claims for Ford with the torque the new diesels are pushing

The 10.5 did have a long ass run, especially if you count the 10.25 which is mostly interchangeable. Dodge and Chevy have been running 11.5s for ever.

I think the 6.2 F250 is the only one getting the 10.5 still. Then there is 2 different Mxxx rears iirc.

Your dumb ass said 3y/o king ranch and $30k

actually I said 3-6.. I havent edited.. look at my original post

also I'm pretty sure I want a 250 after my research on certain sites..

before my post I found many comparisons of the f150 vs the f250.. not much there comparing the 250 and the 350

don't get me wrong, I will work the truck hard.. but I dont think I need a 350.. there are other people who frequent the ranch with large and strong trucks..

also, I dont care if it has large dents / body damage..

I know what you said stupid.

And i found you a 3y/o king ranch and it was within kbb $$range.

Do you actualy have zero clue that king ranch are $70-85,000 trucks?

Why would you be looking at 3 year old trucks with 100k miles? You have any idea how much these things are to repair outside of warranty?

Top Back Refresh