What's new

Trump’s Taxes

summary? is it about a rich guy who shields income using legal tax laws?

lemme guess, cuz he is a realestate mogul, he has fucktons of carry forwards losses to offset massive gains?

or, even better, trump himself doesn't actually own a damn thing and the "trump corp" and "trump brand" actually owns everything? :laughing:

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.

:lmao:

i shouldn't have even clicked the link :laughing:

Honestly I would be more interested in seeing the tax returns for all of the senate and congress, you know those folk who have had a .gov job for 20-50 years and somehow are millionaires... Those would be way more telling.

Yes I am sure he has the best lawyers money can buy on payroll using every tax code to save $, but at least his money is 'legit' in its earning. Like his tactics or not- they are prob by the book. You know the one those guys who got rich by having the .gov job wrote....

Oh NOES! The current president is actually the POOREST we've ever had!

OMG, he doesn't even take a salary?!?!?! why is he making so little money? :lmao: fucking simpletons

This is why 70% income taxes and Wealth taxes and ALL of that bullshit, is bullshit. :laughing:

image_4344.png

Honestly I would be more interested in seeing the tax returns for all of the senate and congress, you know those folk who have had a .gov job for 20-50 years and somehow are millionaires... Those would be way more telling.

Yes I am sure he has the best lawyers money can buy on payroll using every tax code to save $, but at least his money is 'legit' in its earning. Like his tactics or not- they are prob by the book. You know the one those guys who got rich by having the .gov job wrote....

I think seeing asset reports would be more telling than tax returns.

Op , is this thread going the way you envisioned ? vote for Dementia Joe , retard.:flipoff2:

If I had his money I'd have the best tax attorney/accountant/financial manager I could find on my staff too. Rich guys can pay other guys to play the game for them, whooda thunk it

If he’s being audited and looking at paying $100m back to the irs he may not have the best tax attorney/accountant/financial manager.

If he’s being audited and looking at paying $100m back to the irs he may not have the best tax attorney/accountant/financial manager.

and if his audit turns up that he owes $100M in back taxes, i'm all for it :beer:

the dude lives under audit, so i'd be a little surprised if there is a $100M discrepancy. of course, it is likely the results of the audit will be decried as "unfair" or some shit regardlesss of the outcome.

Something I haven’t heard anyone mention:

If you want to talk about a perosn’s tax contributions, you need to factor in the taxes paid by every person they employ. I’d guess that number is staggering, Google says 22,450 people work for him. CNN Money claims he has created 34,000 jobs. How many did Obama PERSONALLY create, besides Michelle’s staff?

I dont care about the presidents tax return. That is between him and the IRS. What I do care about is what the president can do for MY tax return.

Biden promised to make the send it in line much larger. Don't be fooled by the "only >400k earners". It will be for everyone.

but honestly, i don't really care either way.

I strongly believe they should all be audited, fined and brought to current by the existing system. Which happens fairly often

Given some of the assets I've heard, I don't buy that politicians are audited ever.

Taxes are way too easy to work around. Plus, I forget what the magic number is any more but "gifts" are tax free up to $10k(???) and don't need to be reported. For that matter, "gifts" aren't reported as taxes as the recipient at all... I tried it and was told I didn't have to do anything.

I dont care about the presidents tax return. That is between him and the IRS. What I do care about is what the president can do for MY tax return.

Biden promised to make the send it in line much larger. Don't be fooled by the "only >400k earners". It will be for everyone.

exactly what i told my wife this morning...how does he plan on paying for all his bullshit he's promising in his ads? by raising taxes on everyone that makes a living, duh....more taxes on the +400k earners isn't enough to do shit that he's talking about.

Given some of the assets I've heard, I don't buy that politicians are audited ever.

Taxes are way too easy to work around. Plus, I forget what the magic number is any more but "gifts" are tax free up to $10k(???) and don't need to be reported. For that matter, "gifts" aren't reported as taxes as the recipient at all... I tried it and was told I didn't have to do anything.

certain appointments and such are audited as a near routine aren't they? hence why cabinate members or some such are always paying 100k+ in back taxes before they can take the seat

yeah your probably right that i guess it isn't really "often" or at very least, not often enough.

Congress pay is $193,000 per year. It'd be pretty easy to become a millionaire on that pay.

Oh NOES! The current president is actually the POOREST we've ever had!

OMG, he doesn't even take a salary?!?!?! why is he making so little money? :lmao: fucking simpletons

This is why 70% income taxes and Wealth taxes and ALL of that bullshit, is bullshit. :laughing:

The NYT story is a cringey hatchet job about how Trump is in a tightening vice and all his properties lose money.

They make themselves irrelevant.

Congress pay is $193,000 per year. It'd be pretty easy to become a millionaire on that pay.

Do tell...

I mean yes in theory if you never pay for anything, but not sure where you live, but around here you need damn close to that as a dual income just to live nicely.

But you are a simple brained person who does not allow for logic, so I am really looking forward to your explanation.

End of the day the POINT is that .gov employees should not be getting rich off of the non .gov persons

You’re embarrassingly pathetic. Just like the rest of the lefty’s with zero common sense.

You do realize he’s already been audited recently right?

Fuckin idiot:lmao:

I bet OP screams that "Amazon doesn't pay any tax either". Fucking simpleton.

Do tell...

I mean yes in theory if you never pay for anything, but not sure where you live, but around here you need damn close to that as a dual income just to live nicely.

But you are a simple brained person who does not allow for logic, so I am really looking forward to your explanation.

End of the day the POINT is that .gov employees should not be getting rich off of the non .gov persons

Buying a house in Georgetown then selling it in 10 years would do it alone.

I think it should be possible for Pols to get rich. But you have to understand that most elected officials are talented people who do meaningful work, and if you don't believe that you might as well stop reading now...

I want talented people to be in government. Talented people are going to want money to pay for their children and put them in good schools, and live in safe neighborhoods.

So a Congressman is going to know other people who invest in companies and land deals. Every single time they do, the newspapers and several NGOs set up for exactly this purpose will FOIA all the paperwork and look for FEC/campaign/finance violations.

Money and power are going to attract people who will do crazy shit like read through a GAO report on waste in the Dept of Defense, and want to do something like enact really technical legislation that regulates how foreigners can invest in the US using offshore accounts. You need to pay money to people smart enough to deal with that in a meaningful way.

By the time someone has put in enough time to have real power on the Armed Services Committee, in order to ensure that the US Navy is properly financing new forms of warships for future threats, you are working 60+ hours a week.

Top Back Refresh